The TV you like thread
  • Skip episode 4 it's shit.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Please tell me that with Tales from the Loop it all comes together in the end and the various kids with their super powers get to team up to fight the 'Big Bad' or something? Because surely there has to be some sort of pay off to make watching this snoozefast worth it? If I wanted to watch Jonathan Pryce miss the toilet and mop up his own piss I'd watch the deleted scenes from the DVD extras of 'Thrones. 
    Spoiler:

haha, I really really enjoyed it but would admit that the middle of the series dip a bit in comparison, but the last two are bloody brilliant
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • It's no page turner, that's fo'sure.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I loved episode 4.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    probably not that spoilery, but I'll take no chances
    Spoiler:
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I don’t know. Maybe it’s an age thing, but as someone who is recently a granddad episode 4 really resonated with me. Was quite emotional about it all.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sorry??? Recently a grandad?? Erm congrats, and wow, I now feel super young despite being old
  • I’m 3 eps in. I like it. I like the pace. But I cant watch more than 2 at a time. 
    Please, please don't have a big overarching story. Just let it stay tales from the loop.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Sorry??? Recently a grandad?? Erm congrats, and wow, I now feel super young despite being old

You obviously don’t stalk my Insta then Cocko, that’s pretty much the only stuff I post now. 

When I say recently, I mean last year. Tbf, I was a young dad, my daughter sensibly waited until she was older. So I’m a young grandad lol.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    @Gremill   Which makes the lack lustre season 4 all the more hard to bear.

Nah. Enjoyed it.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So Westworld Season 3 has two key problems. Haven’t been into the thread, because spoilers. But...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Aye, that's pretty much the current chat in the Spoilers thread, but yes, if you're concerned then that thread spoils everything up to and including Ep4.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers G. I’ll carry on, but it all feels pointless. Think the writers were possibly a bit too clever and lost the need for drama.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I can;t remember what it was called, and was reminded of it by a converstaion yesterday, but that BBC Dracula thing with all the Eurpean actors, especially that Dutch woman that played the nun, was really very very good. Gatiss gets a lot of stick after Sherlock went to rat shit, but this was a return to from imo. Maybe restrict him to 6 hours maximum and it stays golden
  • Yeah, I hear you boris, and I'm having the same problems. Still enjoying it as big dumb glossy sci-fi, but no longer remotely invested.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I can;t remember what it was called, and was reminded of it by a converstaion yesterday, but that BBC Dracula thing with all the Eurpean actors, especially that Dutch woman that played the nun, was really very very good. Gatiss gets a lot of stick after Sherlock went to rat shit, but this was a return to from imo. Maybe restrict him to 6 hours maximum and it stays golden

Hard agree. It was good, but only moments of it were great. The ending was a let down, but of course it was – how the hell would you keep that up?
  • It had one of the worst endings in recent tv history imo.
  • I admit it was very, very bad. But overall I had fun watching the show.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha, I dont recall the end (probably for the best) but so maybe take my Gatiss counter from 6 hours to 5
  • Watching some Spanish bank robbery thing. Quite good.
  • I’ve really fancied that since season one, but the Mrs isn’t up for four whole seasons with subtitles. Too much effort.
  • We gave up on it after a few episodes. Didn't help that it went to dubbed version by default and I didn't think to switch it for a while. But even after we did, there wasn't much improvement. It just wasn't well written.
  • Ep 5 of tftp done.

Lovely. Again. They're really nailing the dialogue. Hitting hard on just the right beats.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Finished Umberalla Academy and it won me over by the end. It was fluid and coherent in it's own strange way and there were plenty of nice moments.

Tales from the Loop e1 down and it's showing promise. I like the pacing, the acting was outstanding and it looked gorgeous.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Killing Eve S3 is dropping tomorrow I think. Jodie Cromer doing the single best performance by any actor around at the moment in tv world. She just suits the role so much.
  • I felt Killing Eve would been perfect as a single season. The story tied up nicely, just stop there. But on the other hand, it’s a pleasure to spend more time with those characters.
  • I haven't gone back since the end of S1, thought it really what the bed towards the end. Can't argue with the performances though.
  • Anyway, been binging fools and horses on Netflix, quality. Has me thinking, what other shows do you all never skip the intro to? It annoys me a bit that netflix seems to believe it knows me and auto skips, so I need to rewind so I can enjoy that all timer of a theme tune. Others I can think of are BCS (very short so why skip, and a quality bit of twang) and Narcos. Oh and Father Ted. Any other quality intros that just can't be skipped?
  • Anime is frequently the best for this. Skipping NGE's OP is punishable by death, in some weird ancient by law.

Similarly, Hunter x Hunter - 100+ episodes and I never skipped it.

Watanabe's musical trio natch - you can tell he gives a shit about the production of his show's music.

Eizouken is one of the best of recent years, helps that the actual song is a banger too.

Both of Mob Psycho 100's openings are brilliant too

JoJo also has a bunch of perfect OPs too, but these are some highlights. They're also insanely smartly done, technically, artistically, and in terms of relating to the show - if you've read the manga they're fall of references to the story and characters that reveal themselves the more you watch the show, which is ace. Also they all slap, apart from Chase, which is naff.

Dorohedoro also has an amazing OP, which is 100% fitting.

• Hah, didn't expect such a large response, temps! I'll dip into these after I've rinsed a few more EPs of fools and horses.

A link then I guess, to get a bop on:

https://youtu.be/BiYYVeBdqaM

When I was a kid I used to think it said, "if you want asbestos but you don't ask questions". Still reckon it sounds like it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!