The TV you like thread
  • i watched the first 2 episodes of Cobra Kai last night, the karate kid follow up thing on youtube premium (those 2 eps are free). it was actually pretty good...would watch more though not sure i really need another subscription service.  has anyone here watched it all that would vouch for it being worth the effort/cost to watch the rest?
    This is from September but FUCK YES COBRA KAI IS THE ABSOLUTE SHIT. WATCH IT NOW you should be able to get a 1 month free trial and watch 2 seasons free of charge. It's amazing. @Ramsteelwood

Technically Ram posted about it first, though I watched it when it released, can't remember when. EVERYONE who listened, which is almost FUCK ALL people, loved it.

I've even heard great praise about it from IRL friend who normally disagrees with me and forum tastes.

I also mentioned Ted Lasso ages ago! ;)
    Though I've only watched 6 eps and saving the rest to binge it
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • This Scottish accent in Haunting of Bly Manor. Nae need.
  • Lovecraft Country - went downhill as it went on. I loved the nine tailed fox episode but then sheet that they plummeted in quality.

I’ve watched Brave New World over two days. I really enjoyed that a lot.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    WTF panty, Lovecraft Country was supposed to get better!
    Also, there’s a Brave New World series?  I read that book about 25 years ago.  It was weird.  Well the ending was weird....I think.  It’s been a while.
    Get schwifty.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Lovecraft Country - went downhill as it went on. I loved the nine tailed fox episode but then sheet that they plummeted in quality.

I’ve watched Brave New World over two days. I really enjoyed that a lot.

Have you watched the episode after the episode after the fox episode? Yeah the one directly after was batshit mental in a bad way.

First episode of Bly Manor done, really enjoyed it. Seemed slower paced than Hill House but I will unashamedly eat up anything by Mike Flanagan so I loved it. Not massively scary but it’s already getting it’s emotional claws in.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • The Brave New World show is bog-average.
  • Final episode of Raised by Wolves
    Spoiler:

Total failure man.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    2 episodes into Fargo and I dunno, not sure I'm convinced. It's not entirely coherent (yet) and putting Jason Schwartzman in most things is a bad idea. I'll give it a chance.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cobra Kai done and for the most part it’s great but...
    Spoiler:

Hope they can get back on track in season 3.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So the new Spitting Image is unfunny shite. Did they spend all the money on the puppets and have nothing left to write a few jokes or at least say something scathing?
  • To busy trying to punch in all directions and hunt for the appropriate level of satire that’s not going to get confused with actual criticism, because that would be bad. Can’t be rude to the people who run the place, they might say mean things about them in the tabloids.
  • Let’s not forget that there is a chance that spitting image wasn’t that great.

I mean is - John major is literally grey- good satire?

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The original one was great - funny, cutting and had songs we all remember. Never Met A Nice South African, Da Do Run Ron etc
  • Kow wrote:
    Never Met A Nice South African,

'cos they're a bunch of ignorant bastards who don't like black people?
  • I've not seen the new Spitting Image, but i think the problem is that we're pretty much beyond satire now.
    25 years ago, if a politician seemed a bit racist they could do a skit with them in a klan robe talking about the 'good old days' and you'd think "ooo, that's cutting"
    Do that with Trump now and you'd just think you're watching an official white house press briefing.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They could make an effort. It seems distinctly toothless.
  • Can’t hit an open goal, can they. Useless.
  • If anyone's interested, my old haunt hmGav are doing 20% off all hbo boxsets. Might be worthwhile for those wanting physical for their faves. Might go for Chernobyl myself.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Never Met A Nice South African,
    'cos they're a bunch of ignorant bastards who don't like black people?

Except for Breyton Breytonbach - and he's emigrated to Paris.

(If nothing else, the original Spitting Image was influential enough to get a teenage version of me to go to the library to try and find out more about the afore mentioned South African poet. Not that I found much mind you...)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    He had no sense of humour.
  • I really enjoyed ep 4 of fargo. i love that you generally know whats going to happen in the main storya almost all the way through but it's the side stories which entangle and end up being the best part :D
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Met a fair few sound South Africans. Good lads, smart, but there is a sense that they could kill at will.

I mean white ones of c
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I knew a guy called South African Steve, who had the thickest Northern Irish accent I've ever heard.
  • Most I have met are clearly pricks or later turn out to be pricks. The exceptions weren't from Dutch descendants.
  • When I was at school, probably around 8/9 years old, a new girl joined our class from South Africa. When the teacher made her do a talk for the class on what it was like where she lived before, she told us all about the family’s “n*gger housemaid” who lived in a hut at the bottom of their garden. I shit you not.
  • Kow wrote:
    So the new Spitting Image is unfunny shite. Did they spend all the money on the puppets and have nothing left to write a few jokes or at least say something scathing?
    It's fucking awful, isn't it? I wrote a thing about it last week:
    https://bylinetimes.com/2020/10/06/spitting-image-why-politicians-collude-with-their-latex-lampoons/
  • Started Bly Manor last night and did the first 2. With 9 episodes, I feel like it's going to stretch the story far too thin - assuming it roughly follows the original.
  • Has anyone seen the 3rd day?

By the bloke that did the brilliant utopia but I’ve not managed to take the plunge on it yet
    PSN - minkymu
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    It's fucking awful, isn't it? I wrote a thing about it last week: https://bylinetimes.com/2020/10/06/spitting-image-why-politicians-collude-with-their-latex-lampoons/

Yeah, that's all on the ball. I was surprised when I saw the Trump puppet, it was like they didn't bother to actually caricaturize him at all. Likewise Johnson. I guess their aim isn't actually satire at all any more.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Has anyone seen the 3rd day? By the bloke that did the brilliant utopia but I’ve not managed to take the plunge on it yet

Yah, there has been some talk about it on this thread. Not as good as Utopia for my money, but then again what is? Jude law puts in a solid performance and it's quite the ensemble, casting wise. Enjoying it even more now that the excellent Naomie Harris has joined the fray. Soundtrack by Cristobal Tapia de Veer knocks it outta the park as usual.

Apparently, they broadcasted some mad 12-hour live performance where you can watch Jude law get his knob out as he's forced to sing sea shanties whilst digging a hole in the ground, or something.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!