The TV you like thread
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    They’ve been uploading old series episodes of Taskmaster weekly on the official YT channel. Just checked and they’re uploading the new series too, yippee!
    Things can only get better.
  • Started the new season of Riviera tonight. Total nonsense, but Julia Stiles running around glamorous locations is still very watchable.
  • The last series of the fall is utter dogshit.

The entire premise seems to be
    Spoiler:
  • Haunting of Bly Manor is pretty shit.  We're 7 episodes in and haven't really enjoyed any of them.  Only stuck it out this long because the first series was so good.

It's lit terribly.  It often looks like a Mega CD game, with bright highlights running along the tops of people's heads, like they're on green screen.  So it looks cheap.  I'm not sure that I've even been distracted by bad lighting before.

And some of the acting is fucking woeful.  From the main and supporting cast.  The first few episodes it was so noticeable that I assumed it was a deliberate thing to do with the story.  Seems not.
  • I don't know how this ever passed me by but I'm catching up. Quality.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Dexter was shite. Huge tell that ppl didn't know good TV

Fuck you in the eye.
  • I don't know how this ever passed me by but I'm catching up. Quality.

Have you had greased up frank hiding out yet? Or the water park ep?  Or when the gang try to steal a vase?

Such tv.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Haunting of Bly Manor is pretty shit.  We're 7 episodes in and haven't really enjoyed any of them.  Only stuck it out this long because the first series was so good. It's lit terribly.  It often looks like a Mega CD game, with bright highlights running along the tops of people's heads, like they're on green screen.  So it looks cheap.  I'm not sure that I've even been distracted by bad lighting before. And some of the acting is fucking woeful.  From the main and supporting cast.  The first few episodes it was so noticeable that I assumed it was a deliberate thing to do with the story.  Seems not.

I started it last night.  Can’t argue with any of this.  Really disappointed as I loved Hill House.
    Get schwifty.
  • Ah that's a shame.  I really enjoyed Hill House too so was looking forward to this.  I'll still give it a go because you both might be morans.
  • Finished Bly, was rubbish. Not scary, loads of loose ends. Whoever wrote it should be embarrassed.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Just spoke to my mum about Bly. I asked her if she thought it had a satisfying ending. A simple yes or no would’ve sufficed. Instead she dropped a massive fucking spoiler, so I won’t be watching any more. She’s almost certainly done me a favour, to be fair.
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Hill House thing was ok but if I remember correctly the last episode was a big pile of shite. Ending anything horrory in a satisfying way seems to be tough.
  • I've just got one episode to go. There have been some great bits, but overall it's a bit of a bore.

Their insistence on giving every character a detailed backstory drags it down. It's like every action and personality trait has to be explained with a causal chain.

It worked in Hill House, because they could do an episode on each of the five siblings and then bring it all together. Here, it gets in the way of the story, and it's weird to have a ghost story that wants to fit everything together with a neat logic, rather than leave some things a mystery.
  • They did it well in Hill House, I thought.

@Kow
  • Some big unanswered questions, but in the end I thought "who gives a fuck".
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just saw that Star Trek Discovery is back on, now featuring a bloke off of Nightflyers. It's like they're trolling me
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I was trying to recall who that was in the trailer. No wonder I blocked him from my memory.
  • Making Discovery even worse must have been a real challenge. Good to see they’ve brought in an expert.
  • Just saw that Star Trek Discovery is back on, now featuring a bloke off of Nightflyers. It's like they're trolling me

Not just a bloke, it's the Captain.
  • Just saw that Star Trek Discovery is back on, now featuring a bloke off of Nightflyers. It's like they're trolling me

I enjoyed that first episode. Had a whiff of Guardians of the Galaxy about it.
    Still absolutely not Star Trek but fun at least.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just saw that Star Trek Discovery is back on, now featuring a bloke off of Nightflyers. It's like they're trolling me

How could I forget the Captain
    Spoiler:

Truly an unforgettable character with the best arc in the entirety of sci-fi
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Some A class spoiler skills there son :-D
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Some A class spoiler skills there son :-D

Hahaha, yes.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Watched the new episode of Discovery.
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just started. One thing you can say is it sure looks pretty. They must have spent a ton on each episode.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just read your spoiler Tin :-D

As an opening episode I thought it did what it needed to. I guess coming off the back of Picard it’s like 1000% better so my view may be skewed a little.
    Spoiler:
  • It was … alright. Plenty of sci-fi clichés ticked off.
  • Guys, the expanse is back soon enough. Jesus.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Also, counterpart exists.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thankfully without Thomas Jane

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!