Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It is in no way great.
    Get schwifty.
  • Come on guys, all this shit is better than the real housewives of wherever.
  • Thanks to Mrs Poprock, I watched Emily in Paris on Netflix. Beat that for shite TV drama if you can. It’s not just badly written, poorly plotted and completely unfunny, it’s proudly xenophobic to boot.

Likewise I’ve seen many, many seasons of Made in Chelsea and, more recently, Selling Sunset. Emily in Paris is quite spectacularly worse than any of them.

It’s really obvious that the producers thought they were remaking The Devil Wears Prada for the TikTok generation, but they’ve fallen far, far short. It isn’t fit to lick Meryl Streep’s stiletto heels. It’s barely even fit for human consumption.
  • I thought it was amazing, but I respect the view that it descended into farce.
    Spoiler:

Just an update speculafuck
    Spoiler:

But I wasn't paying so much attention at the beginning so I don't know how much of this is borne out by what they say about scriptures etc.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Gonzo has great TV taste, so I trust him and will watch Raised by Wolves.
  • Same to you Cinty. Will always be a God of ozno lore for pointing us in the direction of Carnivale
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Carnivale was amazing. One of the great TV tragedies that the storyline wasn’t even close to completion when HBO pulled the plug.
    Get schwifty.
  • I'm gonna go this:

Legends, miles apart, they make me hate other TV so I sort of hate them a bit.

Sopranos
    The Wire
    True Detective
    Fargo
    Farscape
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Smiley's People
    I, Claudius
    Chernobyl
    Carnivale
    Deadwood

Promising /flawed but came close, got ruined by the end

Dune TV series
    Battlestar Galactica remake
    Mad Men
    Breaking Bad (very borderline. It kinda sucked after season 2 and the writers strike)
    The Expanse
    Firefly

So shit it's good-

The OA
    Game of Thrones after season 3/maybe 4

It's just, I can't really watch shite anymore, you know. Some of those, like the Expanse, the Boys, they have these random "this is TV" moments. I just can't really stand em.

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Think you'd like Ozark.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • One thing I've noticed is, I just can't watch British TV. It's almost guaranteed to be shit.
  • Late night Hollyoaks says fuck you Gonz.
  • Of what I have seen from that list I think me and you are pretty aligned Gonz.
    I also agree with the last point as well. I can't quite put my finger on it but a lot of these shows are too TVy. Possibly over attractive under capable actors, but not just that. I think all the Marvel stuff falls into this category for me.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Late night Hollyoaks says fuck you Gonz.
    Late night Hollyoaks was great, a chance at a nip before the internet was everywhere was gold.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Of what I have seen from that list I think me and you are pretty aligned Gonz.
    I also agree with the last point as well. I can't quite put my finger on it but a lot of these shows are too TVy. Possibly over attractive under capable actors, but not just that. I think all the Marvel stuff falls into this category for me.

Main issue is girls though. It's one thing when you're single, but if you get a bird it's almost certainly gonna be the case that they insist that you watch some pretty awful TV

• Think you'd like Ozark.
    Oh yeah that's on the list.

I forgot the Witcher. I should probably put that on the "promising" column.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm gonna go this: Legends, miles apart, they make me hate other TV so I sort of hate them a bit. Sopranos The Wire True Detective Fargo Farscape Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Smiley's People I, Claudius Chernobyl Carnivale Deadwood Promising /flawed but came close, got ruined by the end Dune TV series Battlestar Galactica remake Mad Men Breaking Bad (very borderline. It kinda sucked after season 2 and the writers strike) The Expanse Firefly So shit it's good- The OA Game of Thrones after season 3/maybe 4 It's just, I can't really watch shite anymore, you know. Some of those, like the Expanse, the Boys, they have these random "this is TV" moments. I just can't really stand em.

Cobra Kai says hi
  • Oh fuck, cobra Kai is amazing. Should be on the list. I think in heading 3. It's definitely better than Thrones.
  • Agree with Gonzo re Sf and what it's about, but think raised by wolves descends into utter shit because it fails on that criteria.

The human condition gets left behind for convoluted shite that isn't set up well at all.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Finished Lovecraft Country.  Supreme nonsense.  Any potential season two can suck my balls.

Started Raised by Wolves.  I’m hooked.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Finished Lovecraft Country.  Supreme nonsense.  Any potential season two can suck my balls.

Yes! This is the way

• Well, that's Lovecraft Country done and dusted. If you want a Blackpower! Buffy, you could do a lot worse. Ridiculous nonsense, but enjoyable on those very terms.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Facewon wrote:
    The night of is really pretty great, but it is a story that's been told a few times.

That first episode is absolutely perfect. The rest is good but doesn't live up to that opening imo
  • The Third Day finished last night. It went really, really dark. Brilliant stuff. If anyone was avoiding it because of the 12-hour piece in the middle, Sky now have a 90-minute edit of highlights that works really well.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:

Yes! This is the way

With Farscape, Fargo and Carnivale in your top tier telly, I had faith in you, Gonz.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Love the Raised by Wolves opening credit sequence.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, that's genuinely great. Same lass that sung the song used in the equally ace Fortitude opening credits
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    A-ha, yeah.  Fortitude’s was great too.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Love the Raised by Wolves opening credit sequence.

Shame it goes downhill from there.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Doing s2 of Hanna.

We'll see. Not expecting much.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!