The TV you like thread
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Moment of the show so far is
    Spoiler:
    as a robot

Yes that was bloody brilliant casting, far better than Richard Ayoade in The Mandalorian.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I can't wait to watch this tonight. I miss fallout, bounced off 4 as well. I hated being forced to get involved in the whole building malarkey.
    I just want to play Fallout 3 again .
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have Prime for a month (it was cheaper than the postage they wanted) so I was going to watch this when it told me at the beginning I would have to pay two euros to remove the ads. So I'll just pirate it on Stremio instead. Fuck em.
  • I never got ads once they this which is weird
  • I didn’t think much of episode one, but the ‘coming up in this season’ trailer at the end made it look great. So does it improve?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I have Prime for a month (it was cheaper than the postage they wanted) so I was going to watch this when it told me at the beginning I would have to pay two euros to remove the ads. So I'll just pirate it on Stremio instead. Fuck em.

Madness innit? Not happy with their constant Prime sub drip so they try to grab more. Now it's more convenient to stream it elsewhere, and your Prime sub has subsequently lost value. Shooting themselves in the foot
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m getting rid of Prime but I didn’t get any adds on the first episode of Fallout.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Amazon are very sneaky with their Prime offers. 2 euros special offer for a month but if you cancel now it's cancelled from right now and they'll refund you pennies. So of course you let it run till the month is up and then forget to cancel. Shitty business.
  • Can confirm I watched five episodes back to back on budget prime last night and apart from two little adverts at the very start - nothing at all during or between the actual shows -so this really is a non-issue.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s not on other shows. None Prime shows I get a few ads at the start and two ad breaks throughout. Fuck em. When my sub is up in July they can go the way of Netflix.
  • The show itself exceeds all my expectations. As a huge Fallout fan, this is such a relief.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Can confirm I watched five episodes back to back on budget prime last night and apart from two little adverts at the very start - nothing at all during or between the actual shows -so this really is a non-issue.

They do put them in the actual shows though. I've seen them. Just because you've not doesn't mean it's a non-issue for those that have
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Amazon are very sneaky with their Prime offers. 2 euros special offer for a month but if you cancel now it's cancelled from right now and they'll refund you pennies. So of course you let it run till the month is up and then forget to cancel. Shitty business.

That's dirty
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Skull Island (2023) - This is an animated Netflix series set in the MonsterVerse and seems to be aiming to bring the Saturday morning spin-off cartoon into the HD adult animation era. Unfortunately, it feels a bit like rewatching one of those cartoons as an adult and realising that it’s facile and boring.

The writing isn’t particularly good, both structurally and in terms of the characterisation. It particularly comes unstuck at the last few episodes. At the end of episode 6, the characters decide they need to get Kong to defeat the season’s big bad, the Kraken. Episode 7 is this random side-story flashback depicting how Kong already hates the Kraken so it’ll actually be fairly straightforward to get him involved. Um, this doesn’t really seem like good storytelling?? Then the end is this weird nothing where it’s neither an exciting cliffhanger nor does it provide any closure on the season’s storylines.

Dull stuff and I doubt you’ll ever see any of this stuff appear in any other MonsterVerse media so it may as well not even be canon. ★★☆☆☆
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    The show itself exceeds all my expectations. As a huge Fallout fan, this is such a relief.

Yeah, I'm in agreement. I thought Westworld was a bit meh, but this has genuinely kindled he desire to go back and add another 30 hours to my 160 of 3.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The story itself isn't top drawer but the key thing - and the hardest thing - is they've successfully threaded the tone needle.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    they've successfully threaded the tone needle.

I could've done with this description whenever I've failed to explain why Cobra Kai hits the spot.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The English Lit degree is mostly useless, but once every 10,000 years....
  • regmcfly wrote:
    The story itself isn't top drawer but the key thing - and the hardest thing - is they've successfully threaded the tone needle.

And then they took that needle and stabbed an unsuspecting wastelander in the eye with it in order to harvest his ocular implants.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Having a
    Spoiler:
    as the Fallout macguffin feels very on brand.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Second episode had some good moments and still has the feels but some seriously bad coincidental writing going on. The VATs stuff was good though.
  • I’ve just finished a 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown marathon .

All 25 series back to back.

Consistently hilarious viewing, good mix of contestants and very consistent material from the contestants captains and Carr.

Absolute highlight was when Jimmy asked susie dent what she’d been looking into this week apart from glory holes.

Some great talent In dictionary corner including the Brett domino trio, Adam Buxton and Sean Bean (bastards)

RIP Sean lock comedy legend

And you can’t not mention Jimmy Carr’s hair transplant
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's tragic
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s yer Fallout done. Quality show. Enjoyed it for the most part thought the Vault stuff and the past meets present far more interesting than the above ground story. Some great moments overall and when THAT LINE came it was very well delivered. The first half of the last episode was much better than the final moments but overall I really enjoyed it and video game adaptions have come a long way since Street Fighter The Movie or the shockingly bad Resident Evil films.
  • I'll watch anything with Walton goggins in it, one of my favourite actors. And my favourite character is boyd crowder from justified.

Fallout basically has him playing a zombie boyd crowder. Outstanding.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    I'll watch anything with Walton goggins in it, one of my favourite actors. And my favourite character is boyd crowder from justified.

Fallout basically has him playing a zombie boyd crowder. Outstanding.

He was epic in The Shield

Thanks Paul it means a lot coming from you
    The Forum Herald™
  • The final episode of season 3 of Bluey landed on Disney this morning.
    What an event, kids woke me up so excited, we all piled onto the sofa to watch together.

And it's perfect.
    As predicted I cried at the end. I can't get over just how great this show is and how much I care about this family of lovable dogs.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Just watched it. I’m not crying, you’re crying!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I'm nearly crying.
  • I might be a little bit crying.

Such good TV.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!