The TV you like thread
  • Watched the first ep of Taboo - cracking stuff.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Hardy is so good in it. Both his character and his acting make it feel like he could smash through the entire town like a wrecking ball.
  • He's so fucking watchable - but the whole cast make it a compulsive watch.

• Did everyone else notice...
    Spoiler:
    Ooooh, well noticed. It's about a minute after, but no, I missed it first time round.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yes, Stephen Graham appearing was a nice surprise.

Well, it would have been.
  • Don't worry it's not a Flashheart type surprise.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Spoiler:
    Of course.
  • It really is cracking stuff tho. Love it.
  • Oona Chaplin is pretty beguiling in it too.  Mind you, she's pretty amazin in anything.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • g.man wrote:
    Did everyone else notice...
    Spoiler:
    Ooooh, well noticed. It's about a minute after, but no, I missed it first time round.
    Spoiler:
  • That was my assumption.
  • Spoiler:
  • I suppose it's nice they throw those sort of hidden baubles into the mix; Westworld liked to do it too.  But I'm never paying that much attention, so its wasted on me really.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Comes from my job I think. My eyes are always darting around the screen, analysing everything. It is my biggest problem with 3D films, I'm not always looking at what the director wants me to look at.
    Spoiler:
  • Taboo is adequately scratching the Sharpe itch of yore.

It's proper silly.
  • A screen shot from Ep 2 of Taboo in case anyone missed what's being discussed.
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll be binge watching it when done.
  • Shot reminds me that whole show is the most egregiously colourgraded thing I've seen in a bit.
  • Ha!, still took me a while to spot it!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Shot reminds me that whole show is the most egregiously colourgraded thing I've seen in a bit.

I recently watched the Crouching Tiger sequel on Netflix, that's on another level.
  • Escape wrote:
    I've been watching Vikings. No-one else does, but I do. Vikings.

I do. Great show. Liking the second half the season 4 much more than the first for some reason.

It really benefits from a lower budget than game of thrones etc I think. Mostly shot outdoors, in real locations, has a gritty feel.

Fantastic score by Trevor Morris too.

Love the sequences with neo pagan music and natural imagery. Visual poetry.

Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    We host a number of bears and badgers, get in touch if want a website too!
  • I've been watching A Series of Unfortunate Events with the kids.  (We've watched 3 episodes so far.)  As I said before, I had some slight reservations going in - I wasn't a massive fan of the film and thought from the trailers that Neil Patrick Harris's rendition of Olaf was, well, looking a bit Jim Carrey.

In short, it's a lot better than the film.  For better or worse it's much closer in style to the books themselves - both in its willingness to get dark, and for the ridiculous running jokes.  (Just like the novels, the phrase "a word that here means..." is used a lot.)

NPH is also better than Carrey was, though he still fails to make Olaf seem terribly menacing, with more than a hint of Dr Horrible in there.  

Patrick Warburton however is pretty much note perfect as Snicket, and even the baby's pretty good.  (The child leads are OK if not spectacular, although how the Hell they found another actress who looks just like Emily Browning I don't know.)

They've also made some really interesting decisions with respect to adapting it, specifically...
    Spoiler:
    We'll certainly be watching the rest - the kids love it - though part of me doubts whether it will have the wider appeal needed to justify filming the remaining 9 books...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Another two episodes of Quarry down, great stuff.
  • Sherlock. Absolute bollocks.
  • g.man wrote:
    Sherlock. Absolute bollocks.

Utter shit. Such a letdown after the excellent episode two.
  • Let’s hope they stop there, eh? Too embarrassing to continue, for all involved.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I enjoyed Sherlock overall. The ending could have been stronger, but aside from that, it was all good.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    I've been watching A Series of Unfortunate Events with the kids.  (We've watched 3 episodes so far.)  As I said before, I had some slight reservations going in - I wasn't a massive fan of the film and thought from the trailers that Neil Patrick Harris's rendition of Olaf was, well, looking a bit Jim Carrey. In short, it's a lot better than the film.  For better or worse it's much closer in style to the books themselves - both in its willingness to get dark, and for the ridiculous running jokes.  (Just like the novels, the phrase "a word that here means..." is used a lot.) NPH is also better than Carrey was, though he still fails to make Olaf seem terribly menacing, with more than a hint of Dr Horrible in there.   Patrick Warburton however is pretty much note perfect as Snicket, and even the baby's pretty good.  (The child leads are OK if not spectacular, although how the Hell they found another actress who looks just like Emily Browning I don't know.) They've also made some really interesting decisions with respect to adapting it, specifically...
    Spoiler:
    We'll certainly be watching the rest - the kids love it - though part of me doubts whether it will have the wider appeal needed to justify filming the remaining 9 books...

Oh, didn't realise it was NPH. I'll check it out.
  • This morning I’m still annoyed by how shit Sherlock was.

It’s fallen into the same trap as Doctor Who and the Avengers movies. Every time it comes around, it needs to be such a big event that solving a crime isn’t enough. Saving a life isn’t enough. It has to be THE END OF DAYS or REVELATIONS ABOUT SHERLOCK’S PAST or fucking pulling the rug out from under previous parts of the story. Sherlock has been crushed by the weight of its own self importance.

I blame Moffat, the egomaniac.

On top of all that, though, last night’s was just bloody awful storytelling. Tripe.
  • Forgot Shitlock was on.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!