The TV you like thread
  • Hey Duggee is great and genuinely funny.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Hey Duggee is the very best of TV. I love the "Aw maaaaan!" Rabbits myself.

I was surprised to see your old avatar when I first watched it.  Tag, I think.
  • Tadpole Badge episode is the best guys.
  • The little one's growing out of it a bit now. But for a while a good chunk of my waking hours were spent having to recite obscure quotes from minor Hey Duggee characters that she'd picked up on. Or tracking down the relevant episodes on the planner so she could watch them again.

"Nope, I've had enough" - scouse goldfish, Shape Badge
    "Oiiii!" - chav bird, Painting Badge
    "Whoops." - worm, Football Badge.
    "Aww man" - stoner rabbits, Cake Badge.
  • Watched the latest American Gods last night - for me it was the first episode where its scattershot nature worked against it, as it just seemed messy at times.  Which is odd, given that it's also the episode in which pretty much everything to date gets explained.  It also had some of my favourite moments in the show so far...
    Spoiler:
  • I enjoyed it but largely agree (about the closing but not the opening which i had no issue with)

As i've said before my memory of the books is hazy but I feel they're making Mr World more significant than he is in the books?
  • Tempy wrote:
    I enjoyed it but largely agree (about the closing but not the opening which i had no issue with) As i've said before my memory of the books is hazy but I feel they're making Mr World more significant than he is in the books?

My memory's equally hazy.  
    Spoiler:
  • I think American Gods is, actually, a pretty shite show. Shit acting, no drama, stupid or embarrassing writing. It's more a dramatisation of a comic novel than a novel. I guess the novel is also shit? I dunno. That's five or whatever episodes in now, gave it a chance and, well, it's very hard to care at all about any of it.
  • In this episode, even swegen was shit
  • Not sure who your avatar is but I find him quite intimidating.  Keep having to remind myself what you really look like.
  • Tom Hardy in Taboooooooo
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mmmmmhmmmmmmmmmm.
  • New house of cards. It is what it is.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I am excited about new House of Cards.
  • I want to not watch it, so I hope I don't run out of other things to watch.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Not sure who your avatar is but I find him quite intimidating.  Keep having to remind myself what you really look like.

I look exactly like my avatar at all times even when sleeping
  • House of cards episode 1
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm on to episode 4.
    Spoiler:

Not a major spoiler there, just a general plot point
  • Nobody watching The Hand Maids tale now that it's made it to C4?

Up to episode 6 now and while its still compulsive viewing (through fingers, mostly) there are some things that were a bit underwhelming:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Nobody watching The Hand Maids tale now that it's made it to C4?

Up to episode 6 now and while its still compulsive viewing (through fingers, mostly) there are some things that were a bit underwhelming:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Did episode 1 last night. Intriguing and harrowing.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Recording it, but in no hurry to do that one episode per week nonsense, so I'll probably stockpile it before diving in.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • WorKid wrote:
    Tadpole Badge episode is the best guys.

Just watched it.  Certainly a good one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Recording it, but in no hurry to do that one episode per week nonsense, so I'll probably stockpile it before diving in.

How the world has changed
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm much the same. Will be holding out on American Gods, Better Call Saul and Fargo until I can binge watch. It's the best way.
    Get schwifty.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Had my doubts about suit Cooper
    Spoiler:
  • Having done episode 3 of American Gods I'm now officially out. I just don't think it's particularly good.

Too slow, too self indulgent, too many eye rolls. The handful of moments when the visuals and drama comes together for any kind of effect are far too few and far between.

It's a 7 of a show and with plenty of 8s and 9s out there i cant really justify the effort.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • https://michaeldfuller.com/water-runs-dry-a7cd26b0e235

Writer of Quarry confirms it's dead.

That golden age where you kept on getting made as long as the reviews were good seems to be over.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!