Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Finished series 3 of The Trip last night. A couple of episodes were a bit of a slog to get through but still some great moments across the series. Probably run its course now, would certainly be interested to see that team do something else if they find the right idea though.
  • Series 1 is the best but it's randomness feels too obvious later on. The guy doing the voice does a Gordon's gin advert on YouTube and it's pretty surreal watching that after watching the kids show.

I enjoyed the one where the balloon stole her hat and it ended up in a whale cloud.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    My god, man.  What has become of you?
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I was joshing, but okay.  It's been awhile.
    Get schwifty.
  • Is anyone still bothering their arse with House of Cards? Six eps into the new series and it's all over the place. I'm finding myself completely lost at various points.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It's right there on Netflix but right now I just can't be bothered with it.  It's one of those shows that's merely there to fill in when there's nothing else to watch.

Has anyone else got into Bloodline?  It's a real slow burner, but I've really enjoyed it, and I do so love looking at Linda Cardellini.  Third season bingefest this weekend for me.
    Get schwifty.
  • Cosby wrote:
    Finished series 3 of The Trip last night. A couple of episodes were a bit of a slog to get through but still some great moments across the series. Probably run its course now, would certainly be interested to see that team do something else if they find the right idea though.

I stuck it on. They all sort of merged into each other. It's fine, but it's very samey.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I think they paid a bit more attention to the food and places previously, certainly in the first series, which helped take the focus off them slightly. It really seemed quite thin this time.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Is anyone still bothering their arse with House of Cards? Six eps into the new series and it's all over the place. I'm finding myself completely lost at various points.

I've watched two episodes and it's really confusing what is going on. There's too many intricate threads which are too smugly pleased with themselves to really make sense.

• Tempy wrote:
    A long ask at 1hr45mins, but even though "Sherlock is bad" is a given now, it's still interesting to me to see that idea expressed well. This video tackles why Moffatt can be good, why he is bad, what is wrong with Sherlock from the word go, what is good about Sherlock, how awful season 4 was, the secret fourth episode of season four, how the show irreparably fucked up the entire central premise of A Scandal in Bohemia, THE BOOMERANG, why Jekyll started well but fucked itself, how Moffatt is ensconced in a production team that will let him do what he wants, and so on.
    I watched all of this. It was very well made, but far too long and served only to reiterate everything I think about Moffat anyway.

it's a good watch though

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Definitely too long and it didn't teach me that much new (besides letting me see lots of Jekyll which I am now glad I have seen bits of for how stupid it is) but yeah, well made and comprehensive. Sometimes it's just nice to have something explained to you in a lot of detail, was perfect post flight map viewing for me.
  • it seems like there a lot of interesting ideas but taking half an hour to get to Sherlock makes it feel there's a bugbear more about Moffat but obviously fewer people would click that.

I was also a little turned off about describing Sherlock in the context of what it is "supposed" to be.

Haven't watched the full thing but may give it another go tonight.
  • Episode Three of AMERICAN GODS is slow going..
    The Forum Herald™
  • Samsung ue55ks7000
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You'll need to provide the serial number for accuracy.
  • it seems like there a lot of interesting ideas but taking half an hour to get to Sherlock makes it feel there's a bugbear more about Moffat but obviously fewer people would click that.

Balls to that then. It was already way too long.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Watching The Keepers.  This is exacerbating my utter disdain for any type of religion, but also humanity.  Thank god (forgive my turn of phrase) we are shot through with so many diamonds.
    Get schwifty.
  • So it's not a documentary that follows retired goalies struggling to adapt to life after the game?

I would genuinely watch that though.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Watching The Keepers.  This is exacerbating my utter disdain for any type of religion, but also humanity.  Thank god (forgive my turn of phrase) we a shot through with so many diamonds.

We're watching it at the moment too. It's just exasperating. It's kinda made me wonder how widespread child abuse really is? Not just within the Catholic Church, or boarding schools, or kids football teams, or the world of 80's light entertainment ; just everywhere?

The journalist in the show (Ted Nugent - or something similar I think) is wonderful. Real old school belief in the power of written journalism. What a guy!

• Sherlock is shit and Moffat is a dumbass. Never thought anyone would take two hours to say that. I want someone to shit on American gods (no more than 20 mins old) so I can imagine tempu crai
  • it's ok the same guy doesn't like Hannibal so he won't like AG
  • mk64 wrote:
    What are your thoughts on the leftovers? Are you upto date in season three? Whenever I think it can't get more batshit it does. But it's brilliant. I suppose the fact it's based on a book means it's not being made up as they go along.

To be honest, I'm struggling a bit with this season.  It's all over the bloody place. 
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    First episode of American Gods where I started to pick up the iPad rather than watch the show. But disappointing after episode 4, which was the best episode so far for me.

Finally finished Jessica Jones. The most ineffective, useless superhero ever. Terrible terrible stuff...
    Spoiler:

Utter dross.
  • mk64 wrote:
    What are your thoughts on the leftovers? Are you upto date in season three? Whenever I think it can't get more batshit it does. But it's brilliant. I suppose the fact it's based on a book means it's not being made up as they go along.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure just season 1 is based on the book, season 2 & 3 is the universe fleshed out & is all new story.

• oh really?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Is anyone still bothering their arse with House of Cards? Six eps into the new series and it's all over the place. I'm finding myself completely lost at various points.

I’m still enjoying it. 10 episodes in and the tension is ratcheting up. Yes, it has a different feel to previous seasons (different showrunner, innit? The original creator has left) but the performances are still top-drawer.

Neve Campbell still feels like an odd choice for her role, she’s a bit too much of a blank slate. The two new core characters are magical McGuffins to move the plot along, but they’re also intriguing and a bit mysterious … which adds something new.

Frank’s asides to the camera have taken a bit of a turn for the cheesy. In place of pithy comments or snide glances we now have actual monologues. It’s more like the BBC original, if anything. (That’s not a good thing, for me.)

So I see the flaws. But I still love it. Worst season yet? Yes. Still pretty great though? Also yes.
  • Watched the first episode of The Handmaid's Tale - Man that was some dark shit. Neither me or the wife could hear very well at the end of the episode but is it safe to say
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm not entirely convinced about house of cards (2017 edition).

It seems to revel in hiding everything and then info dump its cleverness.
    Spoiler:

The episode where Kevin spacey just explains shit is so annoying with no real pay off.
    Spoiler:

The only think hanging me on is finally seeing underwood et al hoisted on their own petards but the show is reluctant to do this.

Also: id wish the show spent some time reflecting him has a president (the America works thing was good but seems to be forgotten now). I can appreciate a villain being underhanded to stay in power but I can't gauge why the public should have a grievence against him.

Like: what in public has made him really unpopular? If he was a dick to get in power fine but that would be invisible to the public. We're supposed to transpose what we know about him as correlating with his unpopularity (yet his party still love him and back him to a hilt- which is bizzaro in the context that an unpopular prez should affect actual seats in the houses)

• poprock wrote:
    I’m still enjoying it. 10 episodes in and the tension is ratcheting up. Yes, it has a different feel to previous seasons (different showrunner, innit? The original creator has left) but the performances are still top-drawer. Neve Campbell still feels like an odd choice for her role, she’s a bit too much of a blank slate. The two new core characters are magical McGuffins to move the plot along, but they’re also intriguing and a bit mysterious … which adds something new. Frank’s asides to the camera have taken a bit of a turn for the cheesy. In place of pithy comments or snide glances we now have actual monologues. It’s more like the BBC original, if anything. (That’s not a good thing, for me.) So I see the flaws. But I still love it. Worst season yet? Yes. Still pretty great though? Also yes.

I finished it last night. The final three/four episodes see a bit of a return to form, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the build on the finale next time around. Just a shame about the first two-thirds of the season, with far too many plot threads involving some fairly weak supporting characters vying for attention, and the seemingly endless fallout from the election despite it being a bit of a foregone conclusion in the eyes of the audience. And aye, Spacey needs to dial down the panto a wee bit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!