"You've certainly given me a lot to think about!"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    We've all watched Season 2 of F is for Family right?
    I haven't watched season 1.
  • You should address that then.
  • House of Cards 5-11
    Spoiler:
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Dude, wait until you see what happens in episode 12 …
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Finished the 5th season of Oitnb yesterday. Opinion seems to be very divided, but I liked it. Enough good moments, overall theme was good and a nice set up for the next season.
  • House of Cards series 5 was dogshit. Bad story telling and ridiculous pacing.

(Will watch the rest of the series though because I need to have closure now)
  • Nina wrote:
    Finished the 5th season of Oitnb yesterday. Opinion seems to be very divided, but I liked it. Enough good moments, overall theme was good and a nice set up for the next season.
    I have just started it really. About to watch ep4.
    The show definitely peaked at season 1 but I still find it watchable enough.
  • House of Cards series 5 was dogshit. Bad story telling and ridiculous pacing. (Will watch the rest of the series though because I need to have closure now)

Picks up towards the end, if you ask me.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Live, yeah season 1 is the best, but that's also where you get to know the main characters. That's not something you can easily do for the next seasons, so imo they're doing a fine job with keeping this entertaining and relevant.

For example in the last episode
    Spoiler:
  • poprock wrote:
    House of Cards series 5 was dogshit. Bad story telling and ridiculous pacing. (Will watch the rest of the series though because I need to have closure now)

Picks up towards the end, if you ask me.

Spoiler:
  • @mistercrayon
    Spoiler:
  • I think that is another thing I didn't like.
    Spoiler:

To put it another way
    Spoiler:
  • Thing is, I don’t have any problem with any of that.

I think I said earlier in this thread: I agree that the quality of plot and writing has dropped from the highs of the early seasons, but it’s still entertaining me enormously. There are plot holes. There are questionable motivations. It’s far from perfect. But the performances (especially from the two leads) are staggeringly strong. The dialogue consistently sparkles. And the cinematography is outstanding – every frame a painting, etc. I still love House of Cards, despite being past its best.

Also:
    Spoiler:
  • Hmm.
    Spoiler:
  • Only way we’re gonna find out is to wait for season six. Like I said, I’m still hooked.
  • poprock wrote:
    Only way we’re gonna find out is to wait for season six. Like I said, I’m still hooked.

Season six is currently playing out in real life.
  • Season six is currently playing out in real life.

Nah, that’s what the writers expected to happen, but then Hilary got beaten by Trump. Real life fucked it.
  • I suppose it's more Yes Prime Minister.
  • gonna start house of cards soon
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    FUCK GENE KELLY
  • Woah. Leave Gene Kelly alone.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    YOU MOTHERFUCKER
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    FUCK GENE KELLY

Excellent scene
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It would be the best scene but this is not normal TV we're talking about here.
  • Christ episode three of The Handmaid's tail was dark.
    The Forum Herald™
  • You Me Her season two arrives on Netflix today. It’s light-hearted romcom fluff, but I really enjoyed season one. Well written dialogue and just the right level of sass. It’s also really nice to watch something in half-hour episodes. Amazing how rare that seems nowadays, with everything being an hour a go.

Riviera starts on Sky tonight too, and the full season is up on Sky Box Sets immediately. I’m looking forward to a bit of art heist, murder, and intrigue in the sunshine with Julia Stiles.
  • poprock wrote:
    Riviera starts on Sky tonight too, and the full season is up on Sky Box Sets immediately. I’m looking forward to a bit of art heist, murder, and intrigue in the sunshine with Julia Stiles.

six_of_the_best_5.jpg
  • Oh and American Gods … the episode with Mad Sweeney’s backstory fair put a tear in my eye. Beautiful stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!