All tings GRiD inc. GRiD2 & GRiD Autosport
  • To be fair, there are five circuits (with varying routes) and the original only had about six.
  • The problem with the circuits is that the career bands them in regions so your bored of them by the time you move on and then you don't see them again for ages.. also while they are pretty a lot of them are a bit bland without very much that's memorable.. apart from Paris.. I liked the Paris. Especially the tunnels.. in a Merc.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yas Marina and The Algarve circuits are great, as is Brands Hatch, but I do miss Spa and Donington from the original. I do think it's a little too focused on street racing this time around, though.
    Still, I'm loving the game anyway. The car selection is fantastic, but unlocking them online is a bit of a grind.

It's not perfect (but neither was the original) but it's still an excellent racer and, lest anyone forgets, is still in its infancy. Only just over a week old, so plenty of time to fix the bugs and whatnot.
  • Win streak of 7 on full lobby races last night. Beasting it! Any of you guys playing this still?
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • *tumbleweed*
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yep heh ;)

If anyone does, there is a group of 4 us racing regularly together and you're more than welcome to join in.
  • On PS3?

I'm up to the penultimate set of career races and it continues to annoy me in the lazy way it's been thrown together.

Why in events that require a fast lap time is there no split times or ghost? It's impossible to see where I may be losing or gaining time lap to lap.. lazy.

The commentary on overtake events is lifted from regular events so my mechanic warns me that this guys hard to get past despite being just one in a long line of identical AI drones and not a competitor..

The AI Gets even more aggressive, regularly side checking me into spins.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm on 360 :(
    I haven't started the single player yet (well I did the 1st 5 races but it was slow muscle cars and piss easy). Up to rank 27 online though, got a nice sexy garage of cars at last and I like doing and setting the online challenges for mates. I mainly play racers online, single player is always a bit boring I like the thrill of beating down real other drivers! Saying that Forza Horizon had a good single player that kept me hooked.
  • Win streak of 7 on full lobby races last night. Beasting it! Any of you guys playing this still?

Yep. Its it Steam or console?
  • Sod it all of us have a different format!
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    I think this is fucking ace. It reminds me of PGR 2 - immense fun, fierce AI, beautiful handling with the joypad. The tracks and locales are exciting and beautiful in 1080p. I agree with the Edge review - a classic racer for sure. Bloody lovely, so gay off all you naysayers.
    rest less
  • They Should have called it GRIDge Racer.

I still can't believe how poor the physics are.. it's total random. You enter a corner. The CPU rolls a dice and calculates what's going to happen on the fly every single time.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I don't think that's true Bob.
  • And continuing my list of lazy things wot Codemasters have done.. on the time trial events the mechanic nearly always tells you it was a good lap time but keep pushing hard as you cross the line for the final time.. thanks mate but the race is over.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I can't speak for that. I muted the voice guy during my 1st ever race... as I have for every driving game to exist ever.
  • 360 Demo

Timed perfectly for people to buy it second hand for a tenner.
  • They released the Spa DLC yesterday too, so it's likely tied to that.

Spa is awesome, by the way.
  • Chief wrote:
    They released the Spa DLC yesterday too, so it's likely tied to that. Spa is awesome, by the way.

Best course EVA!
  • Are folk still playing this? Mine is now gathering dust. The arcade physics, terrible career structure and horrible behaviour of so many folk online have just spoiled it. I like the squirrels though.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Wait, GRID 2 is already out?
  • Ali wrote:
    Are folk still playing this? Mine is now gathering dust. The arcade physics, terrible career structure and horrible behaviour of so many folk online have just spoiled it. I like the squirrels though.
    I still play now and again, but only SP. Finished the career shortly after release, so just stick to a few quick races. I enjoyed the online for a time but there really are too many idiots on there, which really is a massive shame.
  • Ali wrote:
    Are folk still playing this? Mine is now gathering dust. The arcade physics, terrible career structure and horrible behaviour of so many folk online have just spoiled it. I like the squirrels though.

I still play online time to time, but I much preferred damage on.  Nowadays I search for lobbies set up like that rather than jumping in the invincible car pinball challenge that is matchmaking.
  • The Bathurst track pack is out on 360. One of my favourite tracks and it's ridiculous fun on this game.
  • Title changed!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'll add this video here too, then (originally in the racing thread):
  • I'm hot for this if it captures the excitement of the first one with some modern tech and a good selection of tracks and race disciplines .. there's room in my collection for a racer rather than a driver.
    The Forum Herald™
  • So is this just an update or addon pack? Or a completely new product? This seems to be a bit misleading?
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Completely new, although they're using tracks from the first two games.
  • I_R wrote:
    Completely new, although they're using tracks from the first two games.

I thought that. Maybe this merged thread has confused me.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!