Does gaming keep you young?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Mouldywarp wrote:
    Ok, the suit is purely symbolic, although I genuinely hate wearing them. And shirts. And don't even get me started on ties, the way they suffocate you like a chain around your neck. When I see people commuting to work that's what I see, slaves tethered to each other by the neck, briefcase in hand, off to another day of repeatedly bashing themselves in the face for no comprehensible reason.
    You realise that's pretty much all total, utter nonsense, right?

Well, it was just supposed to be me own special way of basically saying "suits - they're not for me". I seem to have accidentally turned this thread into the "do you like suits?" thread, for which I apologise.

@adkm1979 - I'm 28, but I look (and act) about 15.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • I repeatedly bash myself in the face for lots of cash.  That's a pretty comprehensible reason.  Also I don't have to bash myself in the face.  Also I don't wear a suit or a tie.  So basically, yeah.
  • So you got lucky then?
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • I don't wear a suit to work and this is maybe why I enjoy wearing a suit whenever the opportunity presents it self.
  • I mean, do you enjoy your job? Would you still want to do it if you weren't getting paid?
  • I fucking hate my job and working in general. I have little to no ambition and I'm not that interested in amassing personal wealth but I have kids and a family so needs must.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I need money. How do I get into bashing myself in the face?
  • Mouldywarp how far north do you live?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'll bash you in the face for free if you want. Work experience, you can put it on your cv.
  • I dont mind wearing a suit. I do mind wearing a tie in hot weather. The spanish have it down in that respect, they wear a tie in winter but not in the summer. Greece too.

I like the fact I dont have to faff about wondering what to wear. We have dress down friday though where its smart casual.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I'm only really interested in a career in bashing my own face in.
  • Professional Boxing sounds like it's right up your street man.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Mouldywarp wrote:
    So you got lucky then?

No?
  • Start by holding your head in your hands, then graduate to a gentle tapping before a full blown bash. When you get the hang of it, find a wall and begin to bash your head against it. With a little practice, a prosperous career awaits you. Try not to get blood on the suit.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Spanish certainly wear ties in summer just as much as in winter. They usually work a shorter day but don't change the way they dress.
  • Kow wrote:
    The Spanish certainly wear ties in summer just as much as in winter. They usually work a shorter day but don't change the way they dress.

In telecoms they dont wear ties in the summer. Unlucky waiters - i feel a bit stifled when its hot and i'm wearing a tie.

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's probably a norm for some specific companies, it's certainly not a national thing.
  • Mouldywarp wrote:
    I mean, do you enjoy your job? Would you still want to do it if you weren't getting paid?
    I might. Assuming I didn't need money, of course.

My job is fun.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Mouldywarp wrote:
    So you got lucky then?
    No?
    Sorry, language fail on my behalf. That's not what I meant, was it?
    n0face wrote:
    I fucking hate my job and working in general. I have little to no ambition and I'm not that interested in amassing personal wealth but I have kids and a family so needs must.

This is what I meant by a "proper" job.
  • Mouldywarp, being this kind of idealist is forgivable if you are a naive fifteen year old.  In a twenty-eight year old it's just moronic.  You really, really need to grow up, and fast.  News flash: not everyone can do a job they'd happily do unpaid, because 90% of the jobs out there that have to be done by someone don't involve an awful lot of fun.  Your little rant about ties being chains around people's necks is a pathetic, unoriginal notion dismissed as nonsense the first time it dribbled out of some idiot's mouth.  Your assertion that you want to be self employed, not because you know what you want to do with your life but precisely because you really don't, betrays you as the kind of waster who is not done sponging off the rest of society quite yet, and would like to do it for another ten years while never quite getting around to starting any of the big ideas.  A Prankster in the making.  It's not going to be so long before you look at the people with the proper jobs you think so little of providing for their families and themselves and realise that your approach has gotten you nowhere.  A battered, tattered copy of the Communist Manifesto in your back pocket that you haven't fully read or understood will not give you the comfortable life you want.  Feel free to try to prove me wrong by making something of yourself without changing your current half-arsed approach.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    By a proper job you mean a job you hate? You're a bit mixed up there bud.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Mouldywarp, being this kind of idealist is forgivable if you are a naive fifteen year old.  In a twenty-eight year old it's just moronic.  You really, really need to grow up, and fast.  News flash: not everyone can do a job they'd happily do unpaid, because 90% of the jobs out there that have to be done by someone don't involve an awful lot of fun.  Your little rant about ties being chains around people's necks is a pathetic, unoriginal notion dismissed as nonsense the first time it dribbled out of some idiot's mouth.  Your assertion that you want to be self employed, not because you know what you want to do with your life but precisely because you really don't, betrays you as the kind of waster who is not done sponging off the rest of society quite yet, and would like to do it for another ten years while never quite getting around to starting any of the big ideas.  A Prankster in the making.  It's not going to be so long before you look at the people with the proper jobs you think so little of providing for their families and themselves and realise that your approach has gotten you nowhere.  A battered, tattered copy of the Communist Manifesto in your back pocket that you haven't fully read or understood will not give you the comfortable life you want.  Feel free to try to prove me wrong by making something of yourself without changing your current half-arsed approach.

wooahhh.. chill winston.

If he wants to be half arsed then let him be.
  • Mouldywarp wrote:
    To be honest with you, the whole "real job" thing wasn't supposed to be that serious, although I stand by the sentiment if not the practicalities.

Sorry, I think some of my previous comments have been taken much more seriously than I intended. I tried to address this issue in the above comment, two pages ago. Whereas I admit that I am over-idealistic, I'm not 15 anymore and I don't believe that I can coast through life forever. I'm taking the degree I'm doing seriously and I'm actually very hard-working. Although I don't have a completely clear idea of my future I'm not completely clueless, I've picked a degree that will give me something to fall back on if I don't manage to realise my idealised ambitions.

I appreciate that I can write in a very hyperbolic way and that it's difficult to convey little nuances in written text over the internet than perhaps it would be in person. Sorry!
  • So what are you studying and what do you want to do?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You should kill yourself.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Not you, you idiot. The other idiot.
  • Aw Kow, don't be like that.
  • too much like hard work, get someone else to do it.
  • Kow wrote:
    Not you, you idiot. The other idiot.

Your foruming all other the bloody place.

@mouldy
    Answer meeeeeeeeeeee, as a forum with have a right to know dammit!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!