Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    I quite like my job.  I wouldn't do it for free of course, but I'm happy enough to be paid to do what I do.
    If anyone doesn't feel like this, they're doing it wrong.
  • davyK wrote:
    A loud or "comical" tie can be a handy substitute for a personality too.....
    Or a signal to avoid the wearer at all costs

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Walked past a shop earlier that sold just hats.

Well, caps.

WP_000322.jpg
  • mk64 wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    I've always hated wearing ties - really don't get the point of them if it's not some symbolic choke chain.
    They're really smart and look nice?
    Maybe, but then maybe so does a cumberbund, top hat, and tails, yet we deem them unnecessary for daily dress nowadays. I'm not sure that if everyone suddenly stopped wearing ties to work they'd look scruffy and unpleasant. Women seem to get away with not wearing them with their suits anyway.

I'd love it if we went back to that look. I'm gutted that i only really get to pull something like that out at weddings.

The suit is a fine art and its been slowly eroded into something quite generic nowadays. A properly tailored suit is amazing.

There's nothing stopping you. There's a guy by around where I live who sports a waxed moustache and wears a top hat and tails. Occasionally he rides a penny farthing but I think that's a step too far.

• Roujin wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Ties don't really have any purpose at all.
      They hide the buttons on your shirt, thus preventing you from looking like a right scruffy bastard.
    Why do you have scruffy buttons? The shirts I own have buttons that are small, matching and arranged evenly in a nice neat line.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!