Here's yer X Factor thread.
  • tonights gonna be a good night, tonights gonna be a good good night

sorry - shit page turn.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It doesn't need thought or braincells

I think this just about sums it up. X-Factor and shows like it are for people that don't want to think too much on a Saturday night. All the music is rubbish, the situations are staged, the judges ham up the friction but I've still seen every episode

It's crap TV done well

• Lol, well put Nick.

Some of the contestants start off quite different on X-factor but by the time they get to the end they have be sculpted into the x-factor way of singing and performing, sometimes even the dreaded singer/rapper that has some how come to exist.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I thought we agreed that the winners don't even get success? One single and one album don't make a career.

Regardless of levels of success, earned or not, all forms of music can happily coexist. Personally, I think success can have a negative effect on a band, see Kings of Leon and Coldplay.
  • MK bumped my angst off the page with a shit post, this is why we can't have nice things.
  • Oh good god what has happened to Kings of leon lol
  • Lol, well put Nick.

Some of the contestants start off quite different on X-factor but by the time they get to the end they have be sculpted into the x-factor way of singing and performing, sometimes even the dreaded singer/rapper that has some how come to exist.[/quote]

this is incredibly true. They strip anyone of "just being themselves" while telling them to "be themselves". Its quite funny really.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Oh good god what has happened to Kings of leon lol
    They used to sing about guys spitting out their teeth, now their sex is on fire.
  • I would be thoroughly embarrassed were I the type of person to watch this utter shit. The target audience is boring women, ffs. Why aren't you all making a conscious effort to cut it out of your lives?
  • RE: Kings of Leon - I dunno, I still find time for their earlier albums and stuff like Charmer. Sign of the Times was fairly good and they played the zeitgeist well to get that hit. I mean, popularity wise, has there ever been a more baffling case than Muse? Can you see the roots of Unsustainable and Madness in Showbiz or Cave? Probably slightly, but they confuse me because all vocals on the web tend to hate them, yet here they are still creating new and totally unrelateable music for another audience and they just keep on rolling. Heck, I actually lke Madness as a song but I'm not one of these people that are still waiting for that follow up to Origin.

I left my point elsewhere. SUMMON THE ZIGGURAT.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Oh women, they're just so boring.
  • Oh, here's a thing: "snob pop" or "good pop" e.g. consistently good pop artists who manage to retain that universal appeal whilst being fairly good so Lykke Li, Robyn etc, a fairly misogynistic track to start going down there as they are relegated to 'good pop' music... but conversely, name me a good male pop artist from the past, what, decade?
  • I quite liked an artful dodger tune (movin' too fast)..*runs*
  • 2000, so last decade. Also is R&B pop? Where do you draw these hazy definitions eh?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Calvin Harris? I don't know, Pop is almost undefinable.
  • This is my thread so I am rescuing it.

Is pop unfathomable.

GO>
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Unfashionable.
  • Sparkling wit, aha!
  • Susan Boyle was on Britain's Got Talent.. just saying.  Not trolling. Just saying. Get it right.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • R&B appears to be what you call pop music now if it is performed by black people. I don't see any other difference to the music than skin colour.

'Little Boots' was good pop but she lasted all of 5 minutes in the mainstream, probably didn't have enough wardrobe malfunctions.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Sparkling wit, aha!
    Upon meeting me for the first time, Mod assumed my username was in relation to my sparkling wit and personality.

He was sorely disappointed.
  • R&B appears to be what you call pop music now if it is performed by black people. I don't see any other difference to the music than skin colour.

'Little Boots' was good pop but she lasted all of 5 minutes in the mainstream, probably didn't have enough wardrobe malfunctions.

I have a guitar that I'm going to eBay soon that is signed by various people, including her.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'd say Dizzeee Rascal is no more rap than he is pop and that dude is A O K with me.
  • Reg an his terrible music taste

/bait
  • your bonkers.

for whats it worth, i listen to almost anything and everything. I like lykkli or whatever her name is (she sang that song from an advert no?) and Robyn has a beautiful voice. Through to classical or scrubby rnb. I also have a very bad knack for knowing the words to all the music i listen to, a bit like a human kareoke machine.

my favourite band of all time though are the postal service who i dont even know are well known or not.
  • Well known by indie bedwetters
  • lol, so who do you like?
  • Rnb- if it is what i think it is- is worse than pop, even though in some ways it is pop.
  • mk64 wrote:
    lol, so who do you like?

All sorts a snapshot would be http://www.last.fm/user/TempyUK/charts?subtype=artists']this stuff I guess even though last'fm is rather iffy and dorsnt capture streams or a lot of stuff i listen to on thr move.

This week it has been Weezer, Kate Bush, Why? The Blue Nile, and Swans, so it just depends what I fancy.

Very few genres that I can't find anything to like in.
  • Every week's a Weezer week for me!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!