• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Invictus mode ?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I guess? It’s called Maximus mode but I’d assume that’s just because of the Fire Emblem theme.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I thought it was Maximus achievement and Invictus mode?

Anyhoo - 'tis a moot point - will be a while before I get there!!!

Need to get into Tetris 99 as it's a splendid game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I’ll double check what it’s called when I get home.

Tetris 99 is top- been using it as practice for Effect. Still loads of people playing, I’ve never had to wait for a game.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oh yeah, I’m a dope. It’s called Invictus mode.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I picked up a physical copy. Apparantly there's a big piece mode? Never played that.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Physical Tetris 99?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah. Got it just because I could :)

I think big piece mode is paid DLC but you get it with the cart. I have yet to boot the cart up though.....
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Weird. Didn’t know that existed. Can you play without a subscription?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Not sure....I really need to check the game out properly!!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    That'd be really interesting if you could.
  • Mrs. Moot is bang into Tetris Effect at the moment. It does seem very good, and I'm maybe not quite as awful at it as I thought I was as we're getting through it. She gets antsy when I'm playing though, all hand gestures and blurted instructions, which is bound to put me off playing eventually.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Tetris Effect is superb. You can really kick back and relax in some modes and just play. Therapeutic I reckon.

I'm travelling for a while (Fri - Wed) and I might just undock the Switch and bring it with me and the Tetris 99 cart.

limitedrun have sent me a new copy of TE physcal for Switch. Should arrive next week according to the tracking. Have been enjoying it on Steam but looking forward to playing on the 50" screen in the dark.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    That'd be really interesting if you could.

I was talking tosh. The big block DLC is the local MP  and offline modes. Paid DLC but on the cart.

No big piece mode!!!  It has a straight marathon mode (150 and endless), a 1P versus 99bot mode, a local 8 way linkup mode and a 2P local mode (with bots) that lets you play versus with 2 joycons.

The cart comes with 1 year online too so it's a decent bundle - was pretty cheap if I remember correctly but it's a collector thing really - you are really paying for the DLC and the cart/case as the digital game comes with a sub.
  • Wife tried Tetris 99 earlier and liked it but the subscription version can't be played in the caravan (no internet) so I bought her Puyo Puyo Vs Teris 2 instead. Seemed pretty reasonable for £9. Amusing that she's gone years without lining up blocks or gems (I think a Bejeweled addiction was the last time) but now she's obsessed again.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Shame about T99.

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is excellent. I really need to go back to it - I’m at the last boss in the “story” mode. (Spoiler: all problems are created and solved by a Puyo Puyo/Tetris match.)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have the first Tetris/Puyo game. Is it worth getting the sequel?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'd say it's generally an improvement.

But if you didn't enjoy the first, you won't enjoy the second.
  • I read some reviews as I was wondering why the sequel was cheaper than the first one in the current sale. Consensus seemed to be get the sequel if you haven't got either, but don't get the sequel if you've got the first one unless you're absolutely fine with more of the same but a bit better.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Spot on.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Might get it because collecting. First one is splendid with a ton of content. The story/character crap is disposable but I doubt anyone cares about it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    The story/character crap is disposable but I doubt anyone cares about it.

Yeah. Like I said, every problem is created, and solved, by a game of Puyo Puyo Tetris. But they carry it out with such aplomb it's hard not to smile. The second game especially is so enthusiastic about the seriousness of it's plot, it's adorable in a backwards sort of way.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The 1984 theme in Tetris Effect Connected is chefs_kiss.gif
  • Yes!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have decided to hunt for my missing copy (copies) of Tetris Effect that disappeared into a wormhole between Yun Express and Royal Mail.  Limitedrun have given me a refund so why not have a crack. If I can find it (or both) copies (unlikely at this point) I will be honest and either return/pay up.

LimitedRun I have to say , whilst being friendly are being next to useless. They keep saying there is nothing they can do. I suspect their people simply haven't a fucking clue about resolving an issue and are blindly following a scripted procedure. They say they checked with DHL (it's DHL->YunExpress->Royal Mail).  They have a contract with DHL - they should be able to find out what happened - surely they would like to know? Do they fuck.

Yun Express say it's with Royal Mail.. RM say it isn't.

They key is - this has happened twice - failure has occurred at the same point. Two orders. Same item. So it's either a process failure or some thieving cunt.

A puzzle in itself.

After approx 1hr got a human in Royal Mail who confirmed (after confirming my details because I am on the system with a tracking reference) that the item is "being dispatched" to Royal Mail.

Just try getting in touch with Yun Express though. 

Found a contact form eventually. Filled that in with the refnos.

Got an email back to say "please use cirrotrack.com" and use the "contact us" option there,

A useless website that just lets me track my item as before. And it has no "contact us" option. 

Found cirroglobal though. It has a "contact us form". So I have filled the details into that.

Let's see what happens.....
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I’ll probably get Humanity before Zelda. Got too many long session games on the go. Humanity is easily one-level-able.

Davy, if you want, in lieu of the Limited Run TEC, the offer remains open if you want a Super Deluxe one from Taiwan.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I’ll probably get Humanity before Zelda. Got too many long session games on the go. Humanity is easily one-level-able. Davy, if you want, in lieu of the Limited Run TEC, the offer remains open if you want a Super Deluxe one from Taiwan.

Might take you up on that....will PM you.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Played a spot of Mario's Picross on the Switch Super Famicom service today. Very satisfying game. I used to have the GB cart (prob still do somewhere) and Wifey played it to death - cleared the lot.  This is a really nice implementation of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!