General VR and AR chinwag
  • I'd bite at that. For 19 quid I'll pass.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Definitely worth trying. Now I need to lie down.
  • If you want height scares play the Portal VR Stories thing. It's free on Steam so no PSVR I'm afraid.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Fellow knickers creamed Index VR Oasis dude SG.. not much new news for me mind but a nice summary. 7 hours battery life on the knuckles sounds good. 

GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So been using contacts with my Rift since buying it as glasses are too much of a squeeze and end up with marks on the bridge of my nose after a session.

Just had my order of WidmoVR lenses arrive and they are fantastic. You give them your prescription and they make your leases to fit then you pull out the faceplate from the Rift, clip them into the frame and pop it all back in. The clarify is far better and allows far more adjustment to get a sharper image than when wearing specs.
  • Yeah, they have them for most headsets iirc. It's a much better solution.
  • isanbard wrote:
    Fellow knickers creamed Index VR Oasis dude SG.. not much new news for me mind but a nice summary. 7 hours battery life on the knuckles sounds good.

I'm really looking forward to some proper reviews. I think it's going to do rather shine after extended playtime, although nobody seems to know exactly when the reviews are going to arrive. Valve eh?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Box VR is out of early access (didn’t even know it was in!) and has had a major update. Lots of new songs and lots of new routines. Changed rest to active rest which if today is anything to go by is lots of squatting between punching.
  • Grabbed a Quest today. Really impressed so far.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    What games have you tried? The idea of the totally wire free solution really appeals.
  • Am bit gutted Index not wireless. You could just go to any empty space and do stuff, like the massive room in my gym that holds classes but is empty otherwise. You can even book it out for free as long as ther's not a class on. There's wireless there too.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    What games have you tried? The idea of the totally wire free solution really appeals.
    I've mostly been flitting around trying all the demos and stuff. Sport Scramble was a fun tennis game. A Zelda-esque RPG was very nice. Beat Saber was cool. Vader Immortal is rather awesome. The first moment Vader strides towards you and stands right in front of you is amazing. My partner spent a good hour on Wander which seems to be about the closest equivalent to Google Earth at the moment. I've played GE on my mate's Vive and it's not nearly as impressive but still very cool. It's basically Google Street View images and you can travel all over the world for a gander. Very nice.

Impressed with the Quest so far. Especially the image quality. I know the difference in processing power compared to my mate's PC and his Vive is massive but it all looks great to me.
  • Yeah they've Carmacked it and it's pretty well engineered. It's certainly the way forward, and I'm glad Valve are doing the opposite. They'll converge eventually but they're both going separate and needed paths for now. Boo to walled garden though. They're tried and failed so far thank fuck. This is pretty close to console though.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I'm currently watching a 8 year old play some Vader Immortal.. he's very impressed with the lack of wires... and seeing quite how high he has to look up to see Vader is quite the thing. He said he's very brave given how huge Darth is. 
    The number of times you have to deal with a tangled mess you end up with after a full 4 nephews session of Rec Room or Vacay Simulator. and the rest on like totally last gen wired rubbish VR maaan. Cables are a pain in the butt. 

In fact I've now got one Vader Immortalling and one Rec Rooming on the big daddy Rift as I type.. It's easy childcare this morning.

As I've been a Rifter since the start I've got quite the haul of stuff installed on there already, Cross Buy for the win folks. Go go closed systems.. lol 
    It's very refreshing to just stick it on anywhere, set up a room and get going. 

In Carmack we trust..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Picked up a Quest from Argos yesterday and mind blown.

Mark the play space with a controller and you're away!

The game sizes are so small so a 64GB set would suit most and at £399 it’s a virtual bargain.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Picked up a Quest from Argos yesterday and mind blown. Mark the play space with a controller and you're away! The game sizes are so small so a 64GB set would suit most and at £399 it’s a virtual bargain.
    Cracking isn't it? What's been your stand out so far? I've been playing a fun horror game today called Face Your Fears 2.

Edit: However not so cracking is that I woke up today with a dull headache that took most of the day to shift. VR hangover? Heard a few people experiencing the same, even people well versed with Rifts and Vive. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Surely Superhot guys?
  • I've already played Superhot VR on my mate's Vive. Fantastic. But for that reason I haven't grabbed it yet for the Quest. Quite pricey too. Will def get it at some point though. Hopefully sales are a thing.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Add all interested games to your watchlist. They email you when on offer.
  • Ah nice one. That's handy.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Robot Recall has been premium optimised for Quest which is grrr8 ge8 news
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This was the first real game I tried on my Rift. Didn't realise it was a full game as it is free, but really good. Without wires this would be even better.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    What's been your stand out so far?

Aside from HUGE bedazzling spaces you inhabit when strapping on?

Sounds soft, but I loved how the toys in the orientation room evoke childlike wonder and just lolling interacting with the items.

Always envious the Bone didn’t have Beat Sabre so that was bought first and lived up to the hype - a simply amazing experience.

Drop Dead 2 was an old school romp in the vein of ‘House of the Dead’ and found my self physically recoiling from the zombies when my gun jammed and they got too close!

Next up, a rollercoaster simulation - though around five seconds in I dropped the knee because genuinely I would have keeled over!

So much more to experience, and understand you can stream PC media including games to the Quest? Can’t wait to get some proper time with it over the coming months.

Because of the spellbinding experience of wireless VR this deserves to go big as the Switch.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We've requested about 30 Quests so we can pursue the persistent virtual VR lab we've been aiming to do for years GO GO BUREAUCRATS
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Teaching VR in VR in effect VRCEPTION
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Hair for a real gut churner try out Windlands or Windlands 2. I got it on the daily deal so didn’t cost a lot but it’s a great test of motion sickness and a way train yourself for some of the more demanding games. You are basically like Spider-Man. Two hooks that attach to trees as you swing across levels with floating platforms and huge drops.
  • The rollercoaster game is the only thing to have made me proper dizzy so far. I wouldn't fancy playing a proper horror game on this. Face Your Fears 2 is a cartoony experience but even that is pretty stressful in VR. Fighting off dog-sized spiders with a hammer? No thank you, sir!
  • Good to see this thread get more newcomers.
  • Beat saber is just so good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!