Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    No mention of foveated rendering though.
  • No, it was a bit of a pipe dream. I even argued against such fanciful notions but boarded train at the last stop anyway.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Think I'll order the heaset now, knuckles later.
  • I'll do a proper thread later.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just watching now. Interested to know what low stereo overlap effect has?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Oooof.. at a grand I think I'm out. It's just too much for me as a CV1 punter.

The Road to Vr hands on is pretty complete seemingly as well.  

Very promising but has enough caveats to keep me away for now. The god rays are a surprise and though all the fitting adjustments sound great to get to that 130 fov my Rift is still used regularly by maybe 5 heads ranging from 8 to 40..I can't quite see how that's going to work anywhere as easily as the setup I have now. Great if it was just me using it mind. 

And how Valve launch it with no further announcements on what they're bringing for new content apart from saying that this.. thing.. will play on anything that can use Steam VR seems boggling. No confirm of genre, type, franchise.. I'm sure it'll be great but nothing? On the big launch announce day?? Valve do the Valve way as ever. 

If I had a Vive I'd be all over it. Maybe.. Though perhaps I'd go for the 'trollers first. They look to offer as much if not more of an upgrade than the headset from an outsiders perspective. Those Vive wands seem a little restrictive for some of the content coming. Maybe it's less of a thing if your a Viver?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    The earphones don't touch your ears! Can go up to 144hz too.

This Is Spinal Tap VR? Sounds pretty neat though.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Just got through the Tested vid there SG as well. Looks very nice and that 120 refresh sounds like the ticket. There's a lot to like there all in but enough summaries of a 'strong version 1.5 upgrade' to keep me out for now. 

I'm more tempted for now perhaps by the Rift S oddly. Really nice and easy, fancy inbuilt passtrough for setup and Guardian boundary stuff, bit of a res bump and all for just £400. 

Hmmmm.. I'll go have a look for some more hands on bits and bobs.
  • I'm a bit gutted about the God rays. Holding off on the preorder until more reviews are in.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The Tested Quest review now has me stumped as well.. 

Another pretty gushy big thumbs up and perhaps a better fit for my particular demands. Playing 3 way mp Rec Room with the little dudes would be possible. We've had it 2 player before with the PSVR and the Rift but now could throw another head into the mix.. I'd have to stick with the PSVR in that setup as they don't deal with the return to the PSVR wands well coming from the Touchs. 

Great Quest visual quality, that really cool 5 room Guardian memory setup and passthrough safety net.. a lot of the games are cross buy as well so I'd have a crap tonne of stuff free and ready to install.. 

Bollocks. Too many decisions. 

I'll wait and see how the Rift S comes in from Norm and Jezza. I think the lack of physical ipd on that as a 69er may be enough to push me into a Quest at this point. Strewth!
  • It's quite amazing that the Quest is only $400.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    It does smell of Facebook razor margins for sure. 2 6dof tracked controllers, Vive Proish screens and a mobile phone chucked in..

Edit: I've chucked a tentative Quest pre order in at Oculus.com. Was going to try Amazon but they appear to have already sold out of their fist allocation. 
    I'm thinking the whole cord free thing with a few compromises could be a pretty chunky change. Enough for a punt for now with plenty of time to cancel if reality sets in over time.
  • Quest feels like it’s VR Switch in a way. If they brought out tetris effect and indicated further down the line games I’d for it I’d ditch the PSVR
  • Oculus Quest preordered!  The reviews have just been too good:

techradar - 4.5/5
    The Verge - 7.5/10
    cnet - 4/5
    Engadget - 85%
    wired - 9/10
    pocket-lint - 4/5
    toms hardware - 4.5/5
    IGN - 9.5/10
  • Looking to sell an unused Oculus CV1. Any interest on here? My VR nut mate gave it to me as at one point he had something like 8 VR headsets in his flat. He'd just been given another one as a prize in an e-sports tournament and gave it to me.

Intention was to get a gaming PC at some point but I just can't see myself being able to stump up that kind of cash at the moment. Thinking of selling this to go towards a Quest.
  • Don’t know a lot about VR so silly question but are we likely to see mp games like the battlefield and halo types or is it just not capable? I don’t see much about wifi
  • Yeah, there's plenty of FPS games but it's early days for VR. Pavlov is great, but like most FPS's it needs the better resolution that the new headsets are bringing. FOV is also breing addressed, but it requires a beefy PC to get a hmd like the Pimax working. Wireless is becoming a thing which helps, and mobile is becoming slowly viable.
  • Don’t know a lot about VR so silly question but are we likely to see mp games like the battlefield and halo types or is it just not capable? I don’t see much about wifi
    It's very much a thing. My VR mate plays a game called Onward for an e-sports team. It's a military style FPS. Way too hardcore for me.
  • Sorry, meant with the new quest
  • Probably not.
  • First time in this thread. Never tried VR outside of the likes of Google Cardboard but a work mate has Oculus so gonna try and wrangle an invite to his place to try it.
    Read about the Quest this morning and it might be just the thing I need to get into it.
    £400 and no need to be tethered to a monster pc to run it?
    Sounds pretty damn appealing for the causal user like me
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yeah, it's the way forward for sure.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Sorry, meant with the new quest

Dead and Buried 2 might do the trick? 

Arena mp shooter thing. Feels like Quake in Vr apparently... It's a Quest launch title but comes with cross buy and cross play if you've got a big daddy rift.
  • Cheers. That looks good fun. Just want some mp shooty action so am quite tempted.
  • Hmmm is it worth paying more for the extra memory? 100 quid seems a lot for 64gb
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Norm and Jeremy did a big VR/Index/Quest/S AMA recently and Norm said he was going to get a bigg'un. 

There's no cloud saves on Oculus so when you delete and reinstall you'd lose save and progress. If you plug it into a pc with the cable it does present as a visible drive though with save folders so you could backup easily enough but it's an extra stretch of management. The main memory hog would be movies or content you'd probably put on there yourself if you were travelling about maybe? 
    Games though are pretty small (nothing much over a couple of gigs at launch, most are in the hundreds of meg) and realistically if you're coming from fresh a 64 would be fine for a good long while. 
    I got a bigg'un as I'm lazy and should have a decent chunk of stuff from my library that should be transferable with the cross buy.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Box VR. Think I could cancel my gym membership!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!