Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    There's still rumours abound of a BFBC2 remaster like the Cod MW one. Was mentioned on the Giant Bombcast this week.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Please please please please please!
  • I think BC2 would be hard to throw out there now, people who know how to shell, landmine(!) or C4 UAV an M-COM versus people who don't would get stale quickly. Imagine the chopper pilots now.

Rush is apparently gone from BFV, the population can barely play it in BF1. Operations is pretty much a baby version of it and people struggle with that. The sandbox has replaced objective play far too much.
  • I_R wrote:
    Cool installing now.

11gb btw.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I_R wrote:
    I think BC2 would be hard to throw out there now, people who know how to shell, landmine(!) or C4 UAV an M-COM versus people who don't would get stale quickly. Imagine the chopper pilots now. Rush is apparently gone from BFV, the population can barely play it in BF1. Operations is pretty much a baby version of it and people struggle with that. The sandbox has replaced objective play far too much.
    You see this is my major problem, it's getting like an arena shooter but with conquest flags and a couple of gadgets.
    Which is dumbing it down, and taking away some of that team play magic the series had. 

Remember the nights on BC2 Attacama Desert, holding the first set of crates and rinsing the helicopters that where flying in, calling out to the team, spotting enemies flanking, but then during a lull when nearly all the tickets have gone, we'd look around and there's hardly any buildings left standing and there's craters dotted around and destroyed vehicles everywhere?
  • Even when they stopped designing maps with Rush in mind, that was still going on as late as BF4 with Conquest though. Team Awesome could consistently lock down a map holding multiple flags and effectively ensure a victory while all the dweebs were running around like helpless chickens.

great times

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    That one with all the houses in the middle of the one with the castle?
    I hated the first one it was just a backdoor nightmare.

The first one. Just a garbage map, no fun at all.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I thought the majority were garbage tbf. Either open sniper death traps or Battlefront bottlenecks.
  • The smaller infantry maps are better than Metro and Lockers, there are always ways to flank, it's just that most players go out of their way not too.
  • Kow wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    That one with all the houses in the middle of the one with the castle? I hated the first one it was just a backdoor nightmare.
    The first one. Just a garbage map, no fun at all.
    Omg I hated that one.
  • Bf1 Premium pass will be free for a week from 11th to 18 Sept

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/news/road-to-battlefield-premium-free-for-all-players
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • That's shit thought it was free if downloaded but it's only free to play for a week
  • Giving it a go now.
  • How do I access the beta?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/battlefield-v-open-beta/bnmjvxj5bq0c?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

That's the preload, think you need a pre-order or EA Access to play now, goes live for everyone on Thursday.
  • I’ve got EA Access, but it only asks me to buy it.
  • Never mind, it’s working now.
  • Well it's actually quite good. 
    MUCH, MUCH better gunplay than BF1. Pootoobers have been comparing it to BF3/4 gunplay and that seems about right. 
    Guns feel punchy and bullets go where the sites are so you can read recoil and adjust. 

It's going to be much slower pace than normal, moving from cover to cover is now a must because of there's no health regen. And stairwells, dark corners in the street etc... Are much better vantage points because there's no spotting.
    As I predicted it can be a bit wtf when there's 5 of your team at a flag and you get killed by a enemy that's the get away from you but no one saw or didn't appear on the minimap, that WILL get very, very frustrating when it gets more competitive.
  • I never flew planes or helicopters as I was shite , did they have to resupply ammo ?

Reading an article and they said this -

"One other requested feature is creating reason for airplanes to disengage and resupply. Although a basic implementation of this is already in the game (the floating resupply icons), the planned airplane resupply mechanic will be a little more nuanced.

Pilots will have to fly close to a sky hook on the ground, found near the edges of the map. Doing this will require a bit of finesse and piloting skill, much more than floating resupply zones currently require, and certainly reminiscent of classic Battlefield titles"

At least they won't be permanently flying around shooting you

• Squads don't seem to work and it's confusing that if you are a NOT medic, the revive prompt still appears on downed friendlies but you obviously can't do anything to them.

I don't know what they've done to the tank sticks or why I'm having real trouble with them, it might be because I haven't felt played BF for two years so I'm misremembering how they worked.
  • All vehicles had auto recharging ammo. 

I've just equipped quick ADS. There's been a few times at middle distance I've seen someone, assumed down sites and completely lost them. Let's see if this improves things.
  • It's oddly very, very quiet. 
    Sound isn't great. 

Just had a decent game of conquest.
    You HAVE to keep your head down, and pushing an objective in numbers is way more successful than trying to lone wolf it (like duh).
  • I thought that everyone was able to revive to partial health now.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    I never flew planes or helicopters as I was shite , did they have to resupply ammo ? Reading an article and they said this - "One other requested feature is creating reason for airplanes to disengage and resupply. Although a basic implementation of this is already in the game (the floating resupply icons), the planned airplane resupply mechanic will be a little more nuanced. Pilots will have to fly close to a sky hook on the ground, found near the edges of the map. Doing this will require a bit of finesse and piloting skill, much more than floating resupply zones currently require, and certainly reminiscent of classic Battlefield titles" At least they won't be permanently flying around shooting you
    Never had to before, but they messed up the balance in BF1 so it was very easy to get loads of kills just by bombing the (smaller than previously) flag capture points over and over again. AA guns were mainly out in the open, so no one uses them and good pilots don't fly fighters because it's so much easier to get kills in the bomber or attack plane.
  • I_R wrote:
    I thought that everyone was able to revive to partial health now.
    You can pick up a medpack at a health station dottec around flags.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I_R wrote:
    I thought that everyone was able to revive to partial health now.
    You can pick up a medpack at a health station dottec around flags.
    Yeah, I'm sure this was because any player can revive anyone on their team, only a medic can get them to 100% though.
  • As far as I can tell. As a medic you can heal and revive everyone. 
    As a none medic you can only heal yourself by picking up a pack from a station And you can only revive a squad mate. 
    As it says I'm in a squad but I can't spawn on my squad mates etc... I can't test this. 
    Be warned there's a bug, if you run up to any downed player it will say you can revive with X. You can't only the medic can. 

You know what tho?
    It's pretty damn good. A bit atmosphereless ATM. 
    But plays very nicely. 
    I suspect DICE will fuck about with stuff between now and release and ruin it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm being pulled back in. Looking forward to giving it a try on Thursday.
  • Just tried the objective mode, conquest was mercilessly free of snipers. 
    There's a few more on the grand operation mode but it's fairly tricky to snipe. 
    Pity the spotting is limited to them because when I used the spotting scope it seemed to make a difference to the team.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!