PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Ali wrote:
    PS3, anytime. But I guess you'll be 360? We did well last night Davie. Think we won most matches despite having fewer kills. They seem to forget that winning is related to actually taking flags!

yeh and there were 6 of us till near the end against a full squad.
    loved standing on the glass roofs and headshot with a landing on there corpse.

i had a few instances were i wipe a squad of 3 and knuckle would catch me on reload.

im sharing premium with knuckle atm, its great fun.

just unlocked satisfied spass 12 thru gun game too. :)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Mod74 wrote:
    360 yes.

I will try and get on at some point this week. 

Is it wrong to admit that I'm tempted to get Premium? Especially if I can lay my hands on some cheap Moon Beans.
  • I should get on tonight.
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    360 yes.
    I will try and get on at some point this week.  Is it wrong to admit that I'm tempted to get Premium? Especially if I can lay my hands on some cheap Moon Beans.
    Yes, it is very wrong. You're rewarding EAs bad behaviour. In BF4 you'll be buying each gun individually for 800msp.

Seriously, it's blackmail. "You have to download this massive update to continue playing the game you already bought, even though you don't want to buy these new maps. Oh, and now we're going to let people pay extra to skip ahead of you when you try to join a server. Oh, also we're giving them more guns you can't get until you buy it..."

This is a fucking free-to-play model. I'm never buying another Battlefield game again.
  • Also, i'll probably be up for playing some later too. :)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm driving to Brizzle airport to pick-up my sister otherwise I would have been tempted to jump into this...
  • Sparky would also be giving me stern, stern looks if he ever showed his face in this thread.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    We need a stern, stern look smiley Pedro.
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    360 yes.
    I will try and get on at some point this week.  Is it wrong to admit that I'm tempted to get Premium? Especially if I can lay my hands on some cheap Moon Beans.

This was posted in the Deals thread:
    http://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/en-GB/Microsoft/Xbox-LIVE-4200-Points

If you type JubileeOffer on the check out page you get money off I just ordered a load and it also said I can get 25% off my next purchase if I use SUMMERSAVER
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Hands-On With Battlefield 3: Armored Kill

Battlefield3ArmoredKill-BandarDesertmap-E3screen7.jpg

Several new vehicles are featured in the expansion, including new tank destroyers, an AC-130 gunship, ATVs, and mobile artillery.

Taking over a specific base grants the controlling team access to an AC-130 gunship. The gunship travels on a fixed circular path around the bases and it has four seats -- two for shooting 125mm cannons at the ground and two anti-air turrets for defending its airspace.

Though only four people can man the AC-130 at once, other soldiers can use it as a mobile parachute spawn point.

The AC-130 is also a great position to spot and mark enemies for your teammates.
    If your team controls the AC-130, the smart strategy is to have all patrolling the aircraft defend it from oncoming attacks so it can continue its forceful barrage.

The AC-130 is heavily armored, but it cannot be repaired by engineers. This means ground forces can bring it down with concentrated fire.

The tank destroyers are lighter and more limber than the tanks included in the base game. They still pack a punch, but are much more vulnerable than the conventional tanks.

Over 20 upgrades are available for the new vehicles, but there is no new infantry weaponry.

Armored Kill also has a new Tank Superiority mode, but DICE wouldn't go into specifics just yet.

You should spawn on a squad member near a hot zone or to jump into a vehicle. Given the large size of the map, hiking from your home base to a flag point takes a while.

The maps are large enough that you can employ new team tactics like positioning your mobile artillery on the ridge and shelling any troops approaching a hotly contested flag capture point from a long range.

Sounds interesting for PC owners, four players in a C-130 protected by a couple of jets suggests everyone else on the ground will be fighting over the flag that controls that C-130 when it's 12 v 12 on consoles..
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Just got around to bringing myself up to date in this thread. Looks like I made the right move abandoning this piece of shit, money printing scam. I have more free time now so I was actually hoping to get into some mp, but there's no way I'm forking out 40 quid for maps.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There must be some multiplayer shooty type game we could all get on board and recreate team awesome. What is this Monday Night Combat thing?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Me and Webbins almost had a Brink reunion party the other day, but Webbins had to eat his tea and I got stuck dressing up my charachter so I didn't actually find out if it's playable now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Brink can fuck off. Even though I actually have it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not even worth a punt? It must be going for buttons second hand for those who don't still own it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    That AC130 sounds like a flipping terrible idea (and a like a dev grasping for something, anything). More death from above? Remember when Battlefield was about shooting people with a gun?

I guarantee whoever takes the 130 flag first wins the game.

Played a bit last night, seemed OK. Movement/aiming seemed to have been sharpened up a smidge. Maybe I was being kak-handed but I seemed to be selecting things from the D-pad by accident a lot.

Then everyone left so I went into a Quickmatch game. 7 people on their side,  one other on mine. They hold all three bases on Firestorm.  Two choppers hovering over our spawn rocketing me every time I spawned. So I left. Fuck me, how can they have some of the most basic simple aspects of gameplay wrong still?

I noticed in the server browser that the Premium maps and gametypes were showing as selectable. There were even Premium map servers running with no one in them. Bizarre.
  • I'm sure I read something about that on the Battlelol forums, I don't think they are joinable, basically just another typical kack handed EA/DICE deployment. The AC130 is another case of pandering to the COD crowd. Interesting to note that the Gun Master mode was originally seen in Counter Source before being ripped wholesale by COD. I shit you not, at this rate, Killstreaks are a patch or two away.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Me and Webbins almost had a Brink reunion party the other day, but Webbins had to eat his tea and I got stuck dressing up my charachter so I didn't actually find out if it's playable now.

It's perfectly playable in sp but I doubt there's anyone left on mp. It would be us versus bots which kind of removes the object.

GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Sorry, but I think that AC-130 sounds fantastic.
  • Of course it sounds fantastic, it's how it plays out in reality and I'm afraid we're all too old and cynical to know any better.
  • Theoretically it's a re-run of the B-17 in 1943, it's whether they balance it for consoles that's the trick. You're taking supposedly the biggest map and likely focusing everyone towards one flag. If it's a repeat of the 43 bunker system, there'll be queues. If it does work properly you'll also have to contend with playing on a team of people who've been taught by the shitty Stingers that anti-air is someone else's job, no matter how badly they're being hammered.

It's all too easy for it to become like some of helicopter gunship maps, where that becomes all the game is about. Disappointing when the expansion has been touted as a big armour v armour battle. The difference would be that you don't actually need to be a good pilot to boss this.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    If control of the gunship is granted to whoever holds the flag then everyone in the gunship will rain death on that flag preventing anyone else from capturing it. Whilst their mate pop over and take the other flags because your team is trying to take the gunship one.

OK, you might take it down using stingers but I guarantee whoever holds the gunship longest will win, which is a rather shitty way to play a game.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    There must be some multiplayer shooty type game we could all get on board and recreate team awesome. What is this Monday Night Combat thing?

It's good fun, but yeh, we need a new mp game to get stuck into. 

I'm going to hold back and see how this whole map situation pans out. No way I'm forking out the price of a new game on it any time soon.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    MNC is fun but it's a very different game and I don't think people would put up with the lag.

Gotham City Imposters is fun, and I've never played it with a talking squad, however it probably falls into the lag category as well.

What about Gears 3? That uses dedicated doesn't it? Is it still just 4 players per team though?

Modern Warfare 3? Ahem.
  • BUT LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!Battlefield%203%20Armored%20Kill%20-%20Bandar%20Desert%20map%20-%20E3%20screen%203.jpg
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Very pretty. Battlezone with the wire frames filled in. Still not spending £35 to get it.
  • I am not either coz I bought those cheap points from the dealio thread. Whoop!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    So did I (hopefully), but I'm spending them on new games not extra bits for one I'm now fairly indifferent about.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i have premium already so lm terribly excited.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Screw Gears, not playing that rubbish online. Roll roll shotgun roll. 

There must be something.......

Sigh.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!