Dark Souls
  • ZMM - the good news is that it's possible to get to the Pinwheel area in about 1 minute. Holler if you want to know the shortcut from first cats bonfire.
  • Sometimes my Estus flask seemingly randomly refills itself. What's that about?
  • think that's someone else kindling a fire nearby.
  • I've just found a bonfire near where that guy kicks you off that ledge.
    Dan_Dare wrote:
    think that's someone else kindling a fire nearby.

Wow really, that's awesome.
  • These crawling skeletons are really pissing me off, now.
  • Have you rung the second bell? You might want to leave ToG until you've done that.
  • I killed the two clerics now I'm going down what I assume is the correct path? Crawling skeletons hiding in the dark, a big skeleton with a bow, and sometimes a black knight just comes and kicks my ass.
  • The second bell is accessed via the Undead Burg. Did you do the Gargoyles? Behind the church they were on top of there is a key near a portcullis which opens a door between where you fought Taurus and dodged the Drake on the Bridge, you need to be going down there really.

I'm not well versed in ToG but I imagine you'll struggle in there, right Face/etc?
  • I'm at the bonfire just before the bit where Patches boots you off the cliff. He paid for that mistake with his life.
  • ZMM wrote:
    I'm at the bonfire just before the bit where Patches boots you off the cliff. He paid for that mistake with his life.

Hmm, you'll miss being able to buy stuff off him later at firelink then. As our leader in waiting said (vote Tempy btw), you're in the wrong spot for the second bell, it's past the big choppy Capra demon with the pet dogs. If you've killed Pinwheel though and got the Rite of Kindling, that's going to be a massive help later on :)
  • You've well over taken me.

I'm still getting ready for Blightown and its poison delights.
  • He isn't further, just in a different direction.

Cheers M0s.
  • ZMM wrote:
    I'm at the bonfire just before the bit where Patches boots you off the cliff. He paid for that mistake with his life.
    Hmm, you'll miss being able to buy stuff off him later at firelink then. As our leader in waiting said (vote Tempy btw), you're in the wrong spot for the second bell, it's past the big choppy Capra demon with the pet dogs. If you've killed Pinwheel though and got the Rite of Kindling, that's going to be a massive help later on :)

Oh great, does he sell unique items, then? :/ Oh I couldn't see a place to continue into after killing the Capra demon. Guess I'll head back to the surface, then. Yeah Pinwheel was easy to defeat, those wheel skeletons are wretched.
  • How am I going to get out of this ditch with the wheel skeletons shit.
  • Jesus ZMM, you've done things the fucking hard way. Still, good that you saw off the clerics. Please tell me you spoke to the chick they were with?

as for the pinwheels, you need a stable shield, and/or, you need to be a matador and do them one at a time. If you can angle them close to a wall, dodge and then wait for them to stop spinning, you can have a chop at them.

Don't worry about killing patches. You'll never get everything on a single playthrough.

To get out of there, you need to go all the way to the other side, past those 2 floating head things, there's a way up there.

It's a fucking prick getting out of there that early in the game. Um, good luck.

(I did, in my long post to you about leveling, tell you where to go next. ;) jussayin.)

Still, as has been said, you can now kindle bonfires to 15 and 20 flasks, well handy.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • You got a key from the Capra demon that opens a door nearby. You'll want to go there. Getting out of the Catacombs at this stage could be quite tough, however.
  • Well I've only got one more spinny skeleton to kill... Wish me luck. And yes I spoke to the girl, gave me Replenishment. Doesn't seem to be all that great though. Maybe my faith skill isn't high enough yet.
  • Hhaaha oh lord you've gone about things in a bastard hard fashion, ZMM. I didn't clear that area until the end of my first run. I'm impressed, though...
  • Made it back to the first catacombs bonfire! Shit that was tense, haha. I'm even shaking a bit, jeez.
  • ZMM wrote:
    Made it back to the first catacombs bonfire! Shit that was tense, haha. I'm even shaking a bit, jeez.

Dark Souls.....makes grown men shake :D
  • Pug is a grown man?

Grats Pug.
  • Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Ach I am cursed! Should've been wearing my ring. How was I to know that freaky-eyed bug gas would curse me. Found some guy selling crystal weaponry, noticed they have a finite use so forget that. Just bought all his gold pine resin instead.
  • Tried some PvP tonight as I'd joined the Forest Convenant.  Got absolutely annihilated. 

Backstabs when people weren't near me, swords hitting me when I was out of range.  Even got backstabbed again the instant I got up from the first.  Found it hard to even hit people.

Not for me.
  • Took me ages to get the hang of pvp. And even then it's hard. You will get laggy shit from time to time. You can kinda suss it a bit and work around it to an extent, but yeah, you'll see some bs from time to time. It's also harder as the invader for something like forest covie. Dudes will be prepped for pvp. When you invade elsewhere you can be a prick and they'll be fighting game enemies and stuff, but for covie stuff, usually, they'll be waiting, and maybe have a buddy and can heal easily, and will almost definitely be a higher level than you.

@pug: Great work. The good news is you've done some stuff that will things easier for you. That chick you spoke to will reappear in the church. She'll sell the good miracles for you. However, you'll need faith of at least 28 to take advantage of the best stuff (wrath of god). Cheapest and easiest way to uncurse for you will be in the first bell tower, there's a dude there who sells the cure for 3k a pop. (There's another merchant who sells em as well, but it's 6k a pop from her. DON'T go into blighty cursed!)

Meanwhile, a fine morning of Souls for me. Soloed s and o with my new build, took 'em down, easily, first go. Didn't even remember to use wrath of god! Just took my time and ripped o in the first bit, and then used power within in the second half to be doing 250ish a hit. Only had 2 flasks, and that was mainly to be careful in the second bit with health getting leached.

Opened up and cleared all of New Londo too, Farmed the dwraiths again for some chunks. +5 lightning washing pole is serious business. Slightly slower than the other curved swords, but only slightly, with much better range, and some awesome moves. Been darkmoon covie invading as well, aiming for +1 covie so I can get darkmoon blade. 3 s of reprisal so far, 7 to go.
  • Yes.  They were definitely waiting for me.  I was normally up against two, a normal looking dude and a gold dude.  They also mostly had big swords which I couldn't block and took lots of hit points off.

Even without the lag, I'd have had a hard time as my attacks only chipped away small amounts of damage compared to them killing me in 3-4 hits (2 with backstabs).
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm back from holiday and looking forward to pimping out my faithsword tonight. I can't remember exactly where I was but I think it's early AL. Need to hit up the darkmoon bro's for the blade.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax wrote:
    I'm back from holiday and looking forward to pimping out my faithsword tonight. I can't remember exactly where I was but I think it's early AL. Need to hit up the darkmoon bro's for the blade.

That's what I'm up to. It means a lot of pvp for them and/or farming the crowchicks in painted world. You need 10 souvenirs of reprisal. You get one at some point as loot, you get one for finishing off L in Al with the blackeye orb (assuming you did things that way). And you get one each time you invade and win as darkmoon covie. It's gonna take me a wee while, I'm only  50/50 at best with pvp.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, just got my hands on the cov ring so I'm going to ascend my pyro and then get back to AL for cov joining. I'm still in the basic stages, I've not upgraded my armor/weapons fully just yet.

I've also just realised that I'm going to need to get some serious practice in for dodging. My endgame doesn't see me using a shield.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!