Dark Souls
  • man, I go offline for a few days and this thread grows by 5 pages. Fucking hell. Good to see some fresh meat though! 

I'm very much regretting playing this before coffee today: last time I played I got to the top of Sen's, got the cage key and then saved. Today, I went back to free Logan and promptly failed to remember to unlock the cage shortcut on my way. Bought some spells but...yeah....now I have to do Sen's again like a dickhead.  DUMB SOULS. 

Enjoying the build, though. It's designed to do massive burst damage at high level so in  that sense it...doesn't really work yet. That said, it's still shaping up nicely as a dex and int build which is giving up nice crits and good spell damage so far. 

Tried my hand at sif the other day but got absolutely creamed. Really, really want the hornet though...
  • Dan_Dare wrote:
    Tried my hand at sif the other day but got absolutely creamed. Really, really want the hornet though...

Why don't you just run in, grab it and Homeward Bone out?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I can't believe what i'm reading.
  • I now have a Fire +10 hand axe.  Always liked it from the start but it never matched the Drake Sword or the Lightning Spear for damage so it was ditched fairly early on.

Not got much chance to use it though as I've only Gwyn left.
  • I am still wearing my wanderer stuff, but +3 as i've not found anything else I like. I did just buy the armour of the glorious on my way to Blightown as it seemed pretty decent without weighing me down.

Oh, and I only just found out I can upgrade my Estus flasks. So, yeah, egg and my face were in allignment.
  • Dan_Dare wrote:

Not that you can do anything about it now, but next time, just walk around the side and approach the loot from the back. Doesn't set off sif. You may even be able to walk out again, but either way, it's the best way to get hornet early. 4 gargs co-op, open door with key from andre, covie farm, then leg it to sif.

@mrmrs2: A +10 fireaxe would totally own over the lightning spear. Especially given how quickly you can swing with it. The lightning equiv is monster, btw.

@fents: heh, yeah, don't burn firekeeper souls on anything but upgrades for a while.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    I'm going to have to get this.

il loan you mine for a few months if you want?
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Going to be jumping back into this after i've done the civil war on skyrim, And looking forward to it as well. It's the gamers equivalent to crack..... wants it gets hold  say good bye to other games for a bit, I like the difficulty spike of the game. Games get boring when you can fly through them mindlessly
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    @knuckle: hope youv kept your main dude so i can grab some gear and weaponry from you.

• @davie  yeah still got him, just need you to get to my level....... i'll leave him on till you grab the shit of me dude
  • I'm going to have to get this.

Do it, it's awesome. Saw it for £14.99 on Zavvi's megamonday... yesterday. Well worth that.
  • I've been contemplating ways to boost the damage on my dex / int build and realised I'll be able to pull some silly damage with the following:

40 dex to scale base damage on my balder side sword (gonna take it to +15) 

40 Int to scale CMW buff 

dragon ring to boost magic power

Hornet ring to double crits 

Power within to boost overall damage by 40%

then figured I could make it even sillier if I got face on and he did some summoner dancing. 

It should be pretty amusing!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Face the cheerleader.
  • ZMM wrote:
    I'm going to have to get this.
    Do it, it's awesome. Saw it for £14.99 on Zavvi's megamonday... yesterday. Well worth that.

still is £14.99, well £14.95 http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/dark-souls/10355879.html
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Knuckle yay! 

Carry on.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    knuckle82 wrote:
    @davie  yeah still got him, just need you to get to my level....... i'll leave him on till you grab the shit of me dude

what sl do i need to get to dood and il get on it in the small hours?
    beano wrote:
    Knuckle yay!  Carry on.

;D

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message

• Well then, Beat Seath without even getting hit despite my earlier trouble. First time I tried he spawned with two of them awful clam things that gave me endless grief, did the painted world along with the boss which was very easy and I've just done the Hollow and Ash Lake.

Now it's between the 4 kings and that fuck awful centipede thing that handed my arse to me, tried Tomb of the Giants but it was too dark :(
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Centipede cunt first up. At least the bonfire location is about as kind as it gets.
  • Yeah, I'd go centipede next, as that'll (eventually) lead you to better lighting options for ToG. First key to centipede demon is to realise that NOT locking on is much easier. The camera spazes out way to much otherwise.

If you're a tank, you can block those first punches, but if they knock you over, you're better off dodging them side to side.
  • I haven't played this since sunday morning. That's some sort of a record for me.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    I haven't played this since sunday morning. That's some sort of a record for me.

para-medics on standbye!

• . . .Because Davie's English teacher just had an aneurism!

;)

Got my level up to be able to do cast light, got everything I needed from ToG for now, including silver serpent ring, sitting around sl48, which is still relatively active for Iron Golem co-op. A couple of 30k a pop co-op runs later, I have all the spells I want, and most of the weapons I want at +6 or over with some large tite to spare. Wrath of Gods in effect, and 2 more levels to be able to use darkmoon when I get it, and 2 more levels to be able to use the washing pole. It'll probably be my +5 lightning weapon, I reckon. Snuck a couple of extra white chunks while down in ToG too, so my divine liato is close to +10.

Win.
  • I'm SL80, where's the best place for summons signs do you reckon?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Well then, Beat Seath without even getting hit despite my earlier trouble. First time I tried he spawned with two of them awful clam things that gave me endless grief:(

lil tip

The first time you fight him there, because of the cutsene, unless you've killed all the clams they get in there with him. Just another one of the many devious ways in which this game fucks you up.

It's best to lure them from the pack one by one and kill them all the first time. If you don't manage to kill Seath you can sprint through the next time.

+15'd my Lucerne last night, it's knocking out 863 damage with Darkmoon Blade now...nom.

• oh and also my priest looks so god damn dark when hollow

https://p.twimg.com/AsZuJ72CMAQd0GE.jpg

(is this the best way to do images?)
  • Nick wrote:
    oh and also my priest looks so god damn dark when hollow

AsZuJ72CMAQd0GE.jpg

(is this the best way to do images?)

Square (img)(/img) brackets chap.

Jesus Christ, REGRET.
  • Tip for centipede - once you go through the door, go the area to your right.  You then get far more room to fight in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!