Dark Souls
  • Lovely work, Face, and thanks for the kit.

Took out Gargoyles and Moonlight without any trouble - Hanging back and letting Fiddy destroy everything. Pity about that invader though - Teleporting-backstabbing guys can get tae fuck. Still unsure where to take this character. Low level is where I want to be, but I'm not quite sure how low level. 15, maybe?
  • Nah, just go to 20. That way you can wield some of the slightly cooler shit 14 or 16 stuff for strength or dex. And still summon for gargs and stuff.

It's a shame that hornets ring doesn't effect drop attacks. I reckon tourus would have gone down in one otherwise.

FYI, my sl10 shop o' shards now needs to be restocked. Thankfully, it'll only take a few runs through the bks to do it.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Annoyed at lack of internet, though I can technically stall my SL for a bit and go back to co-op Gaping and Capra when I'm reconnected. 

Next target is the Butterfly and Sif. The latter should be a lot more difficult than the last time we fought because I was way OP by that point last time. 
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    rickjoyce said:

I lol'd.
  • So you can play this online together? Whoa
  • With a  little patience, planning and private chat, yes. 

Games played in inches. Good read on DS and Majora's Mask.
  • Centipede Demon down - now it's time to go to BED OF CHOAS.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • CHAOS
  • Gremill said:

Centipede Demon down - now it's time to go to BED OF CHOAS.

BED OF WANK

• google said:

So you can play this online together? Whoa

All those ghosts you can see are other players.

Those bloodstains are replays of other players dying. If you're unhollowed, you may well get invaded by another player (and probably get slaughtered, and be very scared and/or pissed off), you'll also see summon signs around on the ground so you can get other players into your game. They stay for a section, and when the boss goes down, that's it.

Jolly Co-operation!!
  • Facewon said:

sl145, sl90-100 (faith, who's just hit NG+, so 4k will be a little while), sl80 mage in NG, sl10 at the kiln in NG and ready for anything and supplier of fine lightning wares, premade to +14, if you want. And a newly started archer. Just knocked up now. sl18, about to be 20 chillin in the parish for a bit, but already rockin ASS and the dragon crest.

Yeah, so this Archer is good fun. I'm experimenting a little. Gonna be pumping dex and faith. will be rocking the black bow soon enough. Figure I should also get a rapier on for once, to complete the look. using As straight sword for the moment, as its too easy to get and use if you have the master key. Attune to 13, Str to 16, a couple of points into end and then the rest split between DEX and faith. Will actually stick to a level cap this time, and get another build to the kiln.
  • Nearly got the plat for this now, Just gotta get to Anor londo and make my last two boss weapons. The cursed sword and the lord sword then i'll probably start on a new build for PvP. The one i've got now would be ok but i'm going to put my faith down from 50, to 30 and put the rest into dex this time round... With 30 faith i'll still be able to buff my shit with darkmoon and sunlight one, Then 20 str and the rest into dex, plus end 40 and vit 40 or 50.

I'm going to 120 for high level PvP, so i'll be able to put my dex pretty high for my katanas. Might use the silver knight weapons as well, Seeing as they seem to go with dex as well.......
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Nick said:

I'm gonna make a SL1 build. Let' co op mang.

I'm rocking an SL1 build, currently down by Queelag. Let me know if you want some jolly co-op.
    The janitor.
  • Moonlight butterfly really is piss easy. Must have got it down by about 80% with greater soul arrow alone - it only came down to perch once and the damage I was doing with my +8 balder was the nuts.  
  • Played a bit more last night and took out an Invader around the burg who was kitted out in plenty of end game gear. Would have been fucked if it wasn't for Face's gifts.

Bumped myself up to SL6. Will prob go to 15, just need to decide on some exact specs.
  • I've decided there's just about nothing better than fucking up invaders in the parish. Pyro using ass bandits.

Archer dude is coming along nicely. sl26, because after the sl10, I'm building to be able to use all I want. Rocking full hunter gear with pharsis bow +5, the hat and the dragon crest shield. still using ASS too. Nabbed the hornet ring, have homeward and heal equipped as miracles. Cleaned out the asylum bar stray, and did the gargs and the butterfly without breaking a sweat, as per.

It's awesome c0-oping the gargs with an archer, I just sit down the bottom and shoot the channeller 3 times and down he goes. Once I get some poison and fire arrows, he's gonna be totally fucked.

Only problem now is that I have 8 hume in the top left, and nothing to spend em on. And I have capra next. He's gonna be a fucker, as always. 
  • I've yet to be killed by Capra. Boo ya.
  • For NG++ (which I'm bound to do), am going to try M-Key progressing by zotting only 'key' bosses and keeping as many areas open for challenges as possible.
  • Nice. I'm still keen to try and see what the most damage we can do with a single hit is. I know there's that vid with a dude doing 8k, but it was on a skellie.

I'm wanting to get back into some co-op with SG with our high level builds and see if we can stack things thusly:

He wears hornets ring + He uses sunlight blade + he equips a high crit weapon +15 + I do the channellers dance + Black knight counter or backstab = 2500+?
  • what does the dance do?
  • SL80 now.

Bed of Chaos?  BED OF ARSEHOLERY MORE LIKE.
  • Yup!

possible technique might be the wolf ring and some high poise armour so that you can block the swinging arms. Anyone?
  • Dan_Dare said:

what does the dance do?

Type: Spear

Attack Type: Thrust

Weight: 6

Durability: 240

Acquired from: Very rare drop from the Channelers in the Dukes Archives and Undead Burg

Upgrade cost: Twinkling Titanite, 2000 Souls

Notes:

• The two-handed heavy attack of the trident increases the attack
      power of allies (i.e. real or NPC phantoms, enemy characters in an
      invaded world) by 95%.

This is a useful weapon before a boss fight when you have summoned
      Phantoms into your world or to give yourself some breathing room during
      an invasion.
    • The duration of the 'channelers dance' buff lasts for 20 seconds.
    • The durability also deteriorates fast (80 points per use) when using the special attack, and after three uses the weapon breaks.
    • Confirmed in test, This weapon buffs your teammates 136%. ~ImSoSoBAPE

Need to carry around a bunch of repair powder though.

• Dan_Dare said:

Yup!

possible technique might be the wolf ring and some high poise armour so that you can block the swinging arms. Anyone?

Nah. Pick a side. go for it. Watch for falling floor. (It's the same every time, so you can learn it) Roll through the swipes. Slash away and wait for cut scene. Save and quit. Reload. You will be outside the fog door, go through and slide down. Now you only have to go the other side, rather than all the way from one side to the other. Repeat. Save and Quit. Reload. Then it's just a matter of timing the run down the middle and nailing the roll onto the root path.

It's just repetitious and a bit shit, really. Still, as long as you're not carrying many souls, and you're going from the bonfire in the middle of lost izalith, it's pretty painless.
  • I just keep getting swept into the holes, it's uber-frustrating.
  • HAHA.  FUCK YOU BED OF CHAOS YA MAGGOTY WEE WANK.

Done.

Now for the Catacombs.
  • Offensive boost.
  • Agh page turn
  • Gremill said:

HAHA.  FUCK YOU BED OF CHAOS YA MAGGOTY WEE WANK.

Done.

Now for the Catacombs.

Have you got a light source (Sunlight Maggot or Light spell)? It's less pad chewingly annoying down there if you have.
  • Gremill said:

HAHA.  FUCK YOU BED OF CHAOS YA MAGGOTY WEE WANK.

Done.

Now for the Catacombs.

Ahahaahaha

If only the Daily Mail could hear some of the names I've hurled at the bosses in this. It'd be a sensation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!