The Car thread
  • Love Knockhill, lovely circuit. Worth having a go on Project Cars 2 first to get used to the track if your thinking of doing it. Turn up and nail it.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    Love Knockhill, lovely circuit. Worth having a go on Project Cars 2 first to get used to the track if your thinking of doing it. Turn up and nail it.

Indeed. I played it for the first time the other day and enjoyed a few laps at Knockhill without spinning off.
  • The thing about Knockhill is that it’s not very wide. It was designed for motorbike racing. Makes for tight fits around some of the corners when its busy.

It’s a technical circuit, not a fast one. And that makes it tons of fun.

Also, it has its own microclimate thanks to the hills/valley it sits in. It’s impossible to predict the weather on track by looking out of your window before heading over. Any advance booking you make is basically a gamble on whether you’ll have a nice day or a very wet one indeed. Hell, sometimes it’s the total opposite and actually gets slippery because of the amount of dry dust/sand across the tarmac.
  • I've covered bike racing there in the past. Always had a biblical soaking. Fuck that place.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahaha, man from North Scotland complains about rain
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • :(
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    It's still legitimate, I'm from Bournemouth and I whinge about sand far too often
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • heh
  • It gets everywhere
  • I know feck all about porsches. But was having a look at winners cars on the BOTB website. Quite a few Porsche Machan's picked by winners. Now id a thought a porsche suv would be a novelty. But no, apparently 2 in every 5 porsches now sold is a Machan. Fecking hell, suv's really are taking over.
  • Saw new NSX Honda in the flesh today. Now that's a machine.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Had a mclaren overtake me on the motorway, white van doing 50 on the outside and not moving denied me of seeing a proper spank of it. Cunt.
  • poprock wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    The typeR are very cool and the best fwd cars you can buy.

I’ll just say that I dispute that, but I don’t think it’s worth arguing about.

I want to know if pops had an update on his hit and run?

Not much to update really. 

The good news is that the garage have told me they’re ‘hopeful’ that they can get the repairs done within the insurer’s usual limit – so they don’t think it’ll be written off. No guarantees, but they’re hopeful.

The bad news is that the Police have closed the case. Without witnesses or hard evidence, there’s nothing they can do apart from approach the owner of the suspect car and ask whether they did it. Obviously, the owner said no. 

The investigating officer is sympathetic, but can’t do anything more. Can’t even go door-to-door asking neighbours whether they saw anything – covid-19 rules prevent them from doing that for less serious crimes.

Apparently the conversation with the suspect went like this:

“Have you had any car accidents recently?”
    “No.”
    “There have been reports of an incident in front of your home on 6th May, where a vehicle reversed into another. That definitely wasn’t you?”
    “I’ve never reversed into anyone. I’ve got parking sensors, how could I do that?”
    “Okay. Can you explain the damage to the rear of your vehicle then?”
    “Damage? Rear? Oh, er … What? I don’t know what you’re talking about. I have parking sensors.”

Hey, I used that tactic to get off from fucking my girlfriend on the principal's chair for months. Takes real balls to use that line of thought.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Bob wrote:
    Saw new NSX Honda in the flesh today. Now that's a machine.

I read somewhere that the bmw parts on that failed toyotas reliability testing over and over. New parts had to be created for the supra toyota refused to allow it to ship otherwise. Dunno what that says about BMW's.

Got the supra and nsx confused for a minute there
  • I’m not sure Honda would use Bmw or Toyota parts ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • My bad got my cars confused
  • I thought the nsx was much more of a weapon than the i8 too
    The Forum Herald™
  • I only found out the other day that the i8 was a flop and was discontinued by BMW. It came out in 2014 and still looks futuristic today.
  • They’re an absolute bargain now because of that. Starting to see loads of them around here.

Best looking car BMW made in decades, if you ask me. Gorgeous thing.
  • Over Styled at the back.

My boss has one and lost loads on it
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice design gorgeous even. Futuristic yet 6 years old?

*thinking*

712-D549-B-CFA4-4358-8-C30-BDE806537-FAC.png
  • Someone near me has one and always turns my head when it goes past. Just has that 'cool' factor
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Define “absolute bargain”
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Define “absolute bargain”

They’ve lost half their value – maybe more – in five or six years. Get a five-year old £100k+ car for £45k and some servicing bills. 

They were never fast enough to get absolutely spanked either, so most are probably still in decent nick.

In the long term, they’ll possibly get expensive to maintain as the batteries age and they remain a rarity/oddity. Now’s the time if you want to own one for a few years.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    300 euros to replace some sensor in the engine, which they assured me was a tiny job. They didn't tell me it wasn't a tiny price though, did they? Fuck that.
  • Cheers Pop. Would want to go for 2nd gen 11KW electric motor and would need to be a roadster for maximum good, so prob nearer £60-£70k for good example, but yeah that’s still 50% off new for 3yo car.
  • Once again, almost crash at the busy roundabout in Hamilton because the person on the inside lane can't keep to their fucking lane in their big fuck off suv that will NEVER go off tarmac in very developed areas not being able to turn that sharply I fucking guess??????

urMRZHw.jpg

I was in the middle. At least once a week that happens. Scott back me up here.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Cheers Pop. Would want to go for 2nd gen 11KW electric motor and would need to be a roadster for maximum good, so prob nearer £60-£70k for good example, but yeah that’s still 50% off new for 3yo car.

Aye, the convertibles seem to be sitting around £65k at the moment.

Right now they’re still new enough for local BMW techs to have all been trained up on them. As they get a lot older it’ll end up harder to get them well looked after, just because they’re a rarity.
  • Once again, almost crash at the busy roundabout in Hamilton because the person on the inside lane can't keep to their fucking lane in their big fuck off suv that will NEVER go off tarmac in very developed areas not being able to turn that sharply I fucking guess??????

urMRZHw.jpg

I was in the middle. At least once a week that happens. Scott back me up here.

I fucking hate that roundabout. Problem is, if you're going to the m74, you want the middle lane, which appears out of the inside lane 100 yards before the lights. So every fucker shoots down the outside lane, hoping enough folk will go left, leaving a gap for them to take in the middle lane. Often doesn't happen, so then you're in an over/undertaking battle as you go round the roundabout, or you have some fucker trying to shoot across 3 lanes in 200 yards to get on the slip road.

But, the middle lane also goes left to the Palace grounds (guessing that was the way you were going) so people do that, then get confused by the road markings and try to drift back into lane 1 as they exit so they can go to asda.

Some of the worst traffic planning I've seen in Scotland.
  • Kow wrote:
    300 euros to replace some sensor in the engine, which they assured me was a tiny job. They didn't tell me it wasn't a tiny price though, did they? Fuck that.

I need a camshaft sensor replacing. I was quoted similar. Looked it up on youtube and didnt seem much work. Didnt get it done in the end.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!