Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I also thought White though the missus wasn't keen, the good thing is that I could wrap it and make it any colour I wanted.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I love the styling on the Typhoon

typhoon125-tit2101202091215.jpg

http://www.piaggio-scooters.co.uk/uk/scooters/typhoon/125/grigio-titanio/

I have a bit of a thing for military stars
  • Lol at the guy wearing a push bike helmet.
  • American automobile in fucking useless at something non shocker.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • So porkey McPorscheson is finally back on the road after 8 months sitting n the drive.

Seriously this car scares me shitless lol. I'm shaking with adrenaline just going to the shops, love, love, love this car!
  • I am currently doing online traffic school to avoid points on my license after being stopped doing 85 in a 70.

It is pretty much a good deterrent, actually.  The course, if you do it in a classroom, is 5 hours, and the courts mandate that you need 5 hours of training.  Which means every chapter is a webpage when you do it online, with a timer at the bottom.  You can't move on until it counts down, and they vary between 10 minutes and 30 minutes.

On the bright side, when I realised that the wording for the exam questions was taken from the web pages directly, I just stopped reading.  Open page, copy all, paste special (no format) into a Word doc.  Play 3DS until time runs out.  Click "take test."  Type a couple of words from each test question into Word's "find in document" field.  Click answer.  Move to next chapter.

2 more to do....
  • Well that's a farce then.
  • £190 for a tyre.

What the frack.

I need two of the conts.. Great.

Time for some diazepam..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • err.. buy cheaper tyres?
  • False economy. Done it before and you end up replacing them earlier. What would you know, you condescending fiddler, etc etc etc ;)
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • £190 tyres have almost four times the lifespan of the budget ones?  I'm genuinely curious, as I have never paid more than about £50 for a tyre.
  • Budget ones start at 85. 18" continentals or dunlops are about 190 including fitting. Mid range start at 130 per tire.
    They last longer for me from experience.
    I used to pay 30 when I had a clio.
    lol.
  • Your a musician, I thought you guys travelled in packs on coaches ?
  • Fair enough - I may research a little more when I next have to buy tyres.  I always thought that you were paying extra for the shorter stopping distances, handling, grip etc more than for increased lifespan.

I'm only doing about 15k/year in the car at the moment but the only time I go on coaches generally is when I'm on tour and don't have a car with me.  It's the nature of being freelance.
  • Ive got all four tyres on recemendations from the mot on porky pants.

£60 for cheapos but unuversal opinion on forums suggest the 120 quid Bridgestones will do about 30k miles! That is about 8 years the mileage I do in her.

@igor the extra stopping distance handling etc are a bonus too. Im not against cheap tyres, depends how hard you are in them.
    Milton keynes is a crippler, because of the roundabouts tyres wear unevenly and rotation can only do so much, so I will go for harder wearers i think.
  • Bit of everything. Safety for my kids and wife is worth more than 400 quid.
  • Milton keynes is a crippler, because of the roundabouts tyres wear unevenly and rotation can only do so much, so I will go for harder wearers i think.
    Go around them anti-clockwise sometimes to even it out.  That's what they do in Manchester it seems.
  • Lol, cant see of any concievable consequences.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Don't go for the harder wearers, work fitted them to my car once. If you want to get an idea of what they are like go to your local garage and put about 300psi in your current tyres. I can only presume that the tyres are longer wearing because the tread offers no actual grip whatsoever, fucking abysmal doesn't even come close...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Our FIAT 500 came with one remote locking key, and one spare without the remote lock.

Just rang FIAT to ask about a second one and, whilst I suspected it would be dear, I was not expecting £265.

fuck.off.
  • My exhaust is making more noise than usual.  I suspect part of it is about to go.
  • Motoring update:

After a decade of owning some ridiculously fun, expensive and impractical cars, last month I bought a 2001 Clio 1.5 DCi for £1000. It does 750 miles to a tank and it costs £30 a year to tax. That is all.
  • TRAITOR.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm actually thinking of doing something similar to be honest. I'm on a PPI deal that runs out next year and can't find anything for the same money that's as good as the current car. Considering therefore handing the car back, buying something cheap and cheerful, then putting down a big deposit on a dream car in a couple of years time.
  • I feel my penis has shrunk to compensate for the fact I drive an Insignia nowadays.
    My bank balance has definitely grown smaller.
  • Here's a visual history of my motoring:
    Corsa 1.2 Sxi:

corsar.jpg

Punto GT:

redpun41-592x444.jpg

Citroen C2 GT:

citroen_c2_11_03_04.jpg

Focus RS (my actual car shown):

559_15312feuom79jWf4.jpg

Clio 172 (Actual car shown - it didn't have the stupid fucking elf stickers on the mirrors when i had it though):

IMG_0203.jpg

Elise 111s (actual car shown - I miss this one the most):

4934831489_2658664059_b.jpg

Golf GTI Mk5:

pic-3699007543598082638.jpeg

Current day - This beast:

4546193_1.jpg
  • You like your small cars Dan.
  • I used to drive a clio. Excellent wee car.
  • You know what they say: Small car, big...fuel economy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!