Lets take pictures of us at our work/space/desks
  • I want to play! Until recently my office was the shop floor of an Apple Store (the office I occasionally got to use was, surprisingly, tiny. Cos you cant sell iPhones in an office anyway! I have also never worked in an office before, so I feel like I've finally become part of a whole new world...

This is my desk.
    IMG_0835.jpg
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I win on most Graze boxes within my workspace.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano wrote:
    I win on most Graze boxes within my workspace.

haha! I've decorated a bunch of them out of boredom, and created desk tidies...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I like how they can be 'repurposed'.

edit: I used mine with some inserts to keep my Nexus 7 safe in my bag for a few weeks.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I like the emergency suit.
  • The PS3 is the weird creepy uncle.

You once loved.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I was going to ask what a Graze is, but it was first result on a Google, so I'll ask if they're any good.

Are they any good?

Also, are they as high in calories as they look?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Lots of dead carbs essentially, quite high on the glycemic index some of 'em too. They're good but only as part of a balanced diet. Generally, I have abandoned them.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I like the emergency suit.

Wish i brought mine, was the first night of the london film fest, and a ticket was going in the office. But was a black tie affair, and there was no way id get home and back in time.

Emergency suit = winners
  • beano wrote:
    Lots of dead carbs essentially, quite high on the glycemic index some of 'em too. They're good but only as part of a balanced diet. Generally, I have abandoned them.

That's a pity, I have a terribly unbalanced diet. Guess I'll save trying them as a "reward" for loosing enough weight at the gym to have to buy new trousers.
  • Emergency suit?! Those words don't go together in my head.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    AJ_ wrote:
    That's a pity, I have a terribly unbalanced diet. Guess I'll save trying them as a "reward" for loosing enough weight at the gym to have to buy new trousers.

When, in one of their inserts they boasted about their resident nutritionist having a BSc I kind of lost a bit of faith in them, so I started plugging their punnets/portions into myfitnesspal.com and the numbers shocked the shit out of me. I even got a flapjack after receiving it and left it on the windowsill in work for a few days. All the sugar combined with moisture entering the pack through osmosis resulted in a hard crystal sugar structure in the bottom the punnet that had leaked from the flapjacks. Grim.

Apologies for the derail.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Emergency suit?! Those words don't go together in my head.

What I don't get is who needs an emergency suit? Surely either you know beforehand you should be wearing a suit or you don't wear one.

Hell, I don't even own one there's usually so much warning it's going to be required.

@beano: Had a feeling that might be the case. I do like the idea of getting tasty snacks in the post, though, and it's got to beat the office supplied biscuits.
  • I don't know,makes no sense to me! I'm so bloody casual in my work that people were surprised at how I scrubbed up for my wedding photos!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Yeah, people do tend to think you look amazing in a good suit if you never wear anything smart.

Of course, if I had the money, I'd wear sharp suits all the goddamn time, but I'm not wearing anything but the best formal wear out of choice.
  • Hey,I always look amazing! It just happens to be under a scruffy game related t-shirt and 7-10 days growth.
  • You can look amazing without being smart, I'd never suggest otherwise.
  • Ok I am going to try this and see if it works.

Edit: Nope didn't work!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I don't have a job, never mind a desk.

@cosmicjellybean - you look like you work at a place where I would like to work. Mentioned something about the London film festival above?
  • My current "office" is a bit secret so I'm not allowed to take photos, so here's my last one:

ba7bc7ae.jpg
  • IMG20121010_002.jpg

Aha got it working! Gimme a second to do a proper post now!
  • That's a bit small, I'll find a better one.
  • Ok so here is my work environment. Being a job were I do have my own room as well as my desk I thought I would give the whole view. The picture above is just a small corner in the room (my book corner!). Below is the general view as you enter the room:

IMG20121010_001%2520%25281%2529.jpg

And here is my actual desk, which is surprisingly clean and tidy:

IMG20121010_003.jpg

I was once told that you could tell my classroom was a man's room!
  • Elmlea wrote:
    My current "office" is a bit secret so I'm not allowed to take photos, so here's my last one:

ba7bc7ae.jpg

What does this button do? What does that button do? What happens if I pull that?
    Where's the Top Gun?
  • Why a harlequins rugby ball?
  • I am a massive Quins fan and my class last year found it in the P.E cupboard (I'm assuming they got some resources from Premiership Rugby a while back). They made a really big deal about it having to be my ball so I put in on my desk!

My maths groups are named after the four London rugby teams (stops inter-group fighting and being obvious about who is the clever/thick table) so the kids do get slightly interested in rugby.
  • At home: sdc11849e.jpg

One piece back? Very nice. Makes up for the wee stain.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    My current "office" is a bit secret so I'm not allowed to take photos, so here's my last one: [img]

Elm wins the thread.

NEXT THREAD.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • AJ_ wrote:
    Hodge360 wrote:
    Emergency suit?! Those words don't go together in my head.
    What I don't get is who needs an emergency suit? Surely either you know beforehand you should be wearing a suit or you don't wear one. Hell, I don't even own one there's usually so much warning it's going to be required. @beano: Had a feeling that might be the case. I do like the idea of getting tasty snacks in the post, though, and it's got to beat the office supplied biscuits.
    A couple of years ago I was in a unit where we wore jeans and t-shirts every day. Sometimes things happened that we didn't know were going to happen that needed us to be all smart and shit, for going into nice people's houses or businesses and things. I can imagine that happens in other jobs too.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Bloody compass-hole chairs.

I don't fancy that giant spring in Elm's commode.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!