Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    What? Journalists don’t go around just rubbishing other journalists’ stories out of jealousy. How many scoops do you see in any given year that’s then followed up with more articles from other publications which didn’t break it in the first place?

To your previous statement, which comparable journalist who has interviewed Lazar at length, says he’s full of shit?

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    What? Journalists don’t go around just rubbishing other journalists’ stories out of jealousy. How many scoops do you see in any given year that’s then followed up with more articles from other publications which didn’t break it in the first place?
    To your previous statement, which comparable journalist who has interviewed Lazar at length, says he’s full of shit?

Travis Barker
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

Seeing as I only heard of him an hour ago, no, I don’t. Do you genuinely believe that no such person exists? If not, why aren’t there dozens of respected journalists backing him up in public?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Maybe dozens are laughing behind his decorated back. Not an expert on Knapp either, but seems he took a big risk with peers hitching his wagon to such a stigmatised subject.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I dunno, might also be to do with him also publicising this guy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_William_Cooper

One hell of a bullshit detector on that Knapp guy.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Aware of that, but respect Knapp held his hand up and said he was wrong about Cooper.

Edit: From what I can see, Knapp interviewed him on TV as part of a documentary, but subsequently after (half way) reading his book, realised Cooper was a nut.
  • With atomic numbers of 113, 115, 117, and 118, the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) announced the addition of these four elements to the periodic table, but one of them, Element 115 was already announced in 1989 when Bob Lazar, famous area 51 whistleblower revealed to the public that the UFOs possessed by the government were powered by a mysterious ‘Element 115.’ Of course at that time, the claims made by Lazar were tagged as absurd as the scientific community had no knowledge of ‘Element 115’. In 2003, his statements gained more credibility when a group of Russian scientists managed to create the elusive element, and now, twelve years after that achievement, the discovery of ‘Element 115’ was finally confirmed after numerous tests which verified its existence. However, the scientific version of ‘Element 115’ drastically differs from what Lazar has described over the years, since according to reports, the element decays in less than a second and cannot be utilized for anything.

Unununpentium, the temporary name for Element 115, is an extremely radioactive element; its most stable known isotope, ununpentium-289, has a half-life of only 220 milliseconds. In 2014, Lazar was interviewed by Geroge Knapp where they discussed ‘Element 115’ or Ununpentium where Lazar dismissed early findings surrounding Element 115, stating that he was confident that further testing will produce an isotope from the element which will match his initial description. “They made just a few atoms. We’ll see what other isotopes they come up with. One of them, or more, will be stable and it will have the exact properties that I said,” Lazar told Knapp. Bob Lazar, who was ridiculed because of his sensational claims, states that he worked in the past at Area 51, where top secrets projects are being developed. Interestingly, on several occasions he was subjected to a polygraph: The testing confirmed his statements regarding the secret researcher facilities and alien technology present inside some of the most infamous bases in the United States. According to Lazar, the so-called “UFO’s” were not built by humans, the cabins inside of the craft were extremely small and only a child could fit into them. Lazar claims that these “Flying saucers” were built and piloted by extraterrestrial beings. Mysteriously, it seems as if the UFO’s were made out of one single piece, they did not have a welding point and were made from a material unknown on Earth. In addition to ‘Element 115’, scientists introduced 113, 117, and 118. Interestingly, all of these four elements are super heavy, lab-made and VERY radioactive. “The chemistry community is eager to see its most cherished table finally being completed down to the seventh row,” said Professor Jan Reedijk, president of the Inorganic Chemistry Division of IUPAC. “IUPAC has now initiated the process of formalising names and symbols for these elements temporarily named as ununtrium, (Uut or element 113), ununpentium (Uup, element 115), ununseptium (Uus, element 117), and ununoctium (Uuo, element 118).”
    PSN - minkymu
  • Nothing you’ve said there connects his made-up 115 with the real thing called 115. In fact, you specifically say that it ‘drastically differs’.

I predict there will be an element with the atomic number 121. If one’s discovered in a decade’s time, does that make me a spooky genius?
  • I love this thread.

Going back a few pages, since folks still seem to think rogan has useful guests.

Eric Weinstein and his bro believe all manner of patently false shit. They're pedalling conspiracies about covid, the election and every other dumb thing you can think of. The flat out dumbest members of the IDW. jesus christ.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That whole last paragraph is just what he says about himself. Why should we believe any of that? He wants to be left alone but makes a Netflix documentary. He reluctantly agreed, says him. He isn't seeking fame or publicity, says him. He made a mistake, says him.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Extract from a piece by a physicist guy who debunks the science stuff but this speculative bit is interesting.
    Eventually he discovered EG&G’s connection with Groom, and also Edward Teller’s connection with EG&G, so in 1988 he sent Teller a letter. “Hey, remember me, the Los Alamos jet car physicist? I have lots of experience in particle accelerators, since I worked at Los Alamos’s Technical Area 53, the Meson Physics Facility, which has an 800 MeV proton accelerator. Do you know of any interesting positions where I might be able to put that experience to use??”
    Knowing Teller’s Strangelovian background, I don’t have a lot of sympathy for the man. But in this one case I feel for the guy. Like so many in Lazar’s sphere of influence, he was had. Maybe it was because he was 80 years old at the time and not as sharp, but perhaps he thought Lazar might be an excellent candidate for the proton beam project and made some calls. Things happened and Lazar gets called in for an interview. Catastrophes are seldom the result of a major, bad single decision, but usually a cascading series of unwise choices. Such was the case here.
    Now it boggles my mind how someone with Lazar’s bankruptcy record would be granted any sort of clearance but perhaps it hadn’t been immediately unearthed. And maybe Teller passed on a crazy, glowing recommendation. And possibly Lazar had a previous Q clearance from Los Alamos. In any case, security guys visit Lazar’s home and check him out, they decide he’s their guy (at least for now), and he’s soon on a Janet flight to Groom on a very limited basis doing non-classified grunt work until his clearance is updated. In any case, if he didn’t already fully know, he does now that they’re operating a proton accelerator at Groom, and oh, BTW, they usually fire it up on Wednesday nights. Sounds like it’s time for a party to me!
    Figuring out another’s motives is difficult, especially with Lazar. Specifically, I’m speaking of why the fuck, WHY(??) did he decide to bring his friends out to see a Wednesday night test? It could be that he realized his clearance was going to fall through due to the bankruptcy. Or perhaps it was an attempt to prank his friend John Lear, who Lazar often made fun of for his UFO interests. Or maybe Lazar just thought he was smarter than all those security guys at Groom and no one would ever know. Or it could have been something as simple as wanting to impress his friends. Dunno. But in any case, he brought them all out.
    But here’s the important part…..Lazar never told his friends/family the truth, that they were seeing the effects of a proton beam. Lazar spun his crazy saucer story to them, in his mind thinking that as long as he wasn’t revealing what they were actually seeing, he wouldn’t be violating security (setting aside for the moment he was bringing visitors to observe classified tests). The people Lazar brought out to see the tests became his most ardent supporters and defenders, because, hell, he showed them flying saucers and called the days they’d show up. That’s pretty damn convincing. Alas, in a familiar pattern, they were played for fools. I suspect, but do not know, that some of this group may now know the truth. But they didn’t then.
    So, April 5, 1989…..It all comes crashing down. Security discovers our little band of partiers and Lazar bolts into the desert. It’s starting to sink in that he could be in some serious shit. The Lincoln County Sheriff later questions the merry makers and lets them go, but they had Lazar’s ID and he knew word would quickly get back to Groom. Uh oh….he could be looking at serious jail time.
    The next day Lazar is summoned to the Indian Springs airfield and the full force of the Groom security apparatus is directed at him. He now realizes how close to jail he is. His only defense is that he didn’t tell his comrades what they were actually seeing, but rather it was a made up story of flying saucers. This, of course, doesn’t go over well with the security guys, but they are somewhat stymied. Their choice is, do they prosecute this guy and draw further attention to Groom’s operations, or just kick him out and intimidate the hell out of him to get him to speak no further? I guess, in hindsight, they picked wrong.
    Unbeknownst to the Groom guys, Lazar’s tale to his friends cast him as the hero against a hopelessly inefficient, secret government bureaucracy. Their rallying around him and support emboldened him, eventually granting interviews to KLAS due to John Lear’s urgings. Lazar also may have viewed that action as insurance, heightening his profile, should Groom security decide to come after him again. But it required him to fully double down on the alien saucer tale he had wove.
  • I like that the idea of predicting an element 115 in 1989 when we were at 109 then, and in 1944 elements 97 up to Pops 121 were theorised, and subsequently discovered using that methodology is some kind of proof that Lazar isn't lying.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I like that the idea of predicting an element 115 in 1989 when we were at 109 then, and in 1944 elements 97 up to Pops 121 were theorised, and subsequently discovered using that methodology is some kind of proof that Lazar isn't lying.

Yep, the way elements are defined, predicting the existence of ones with a higher atomic number (remember, the atomic number of an element is simply how many protons are in the nucleus of the atom) isn’t some feat of scientific insight, it’s literally counting.
  • I hate the idea that loads of us come in here to shit on the more esoteric posts, and it no doubt gives the effect of a group pile on to the 4 or so people who believe this stuff, but the stuff that gets cut and pasted as proof can’t just be allowed to get a free pass because otherwise everything written by anyone ever can be true - if it’s c&p’ed enough.
    In 1989 A Man says something that will clearly be discovered by actual irl science within - oh let’s say - the next 30 years is now telling the truth about alien spaceships because the said thing he said was real was actually discovered by irl science exactly likes he said it would, even though, when irl science actually found it, it was completely fucking different to what he’d mystically predicted all those years ago?
    That’s not proof.  That’s a lie being proved to be a lie.

Anyway, I’m going to go back to quietly lurking in this thread rather than posting.  It’s not like the stuff that’s getting posted in here is full on miso, or racist or dangerous stuff that absolutely should be called out so I’m keeping quiet for now and letting the mad stuff roll. I think it bonkers and though i do think it needs putting in its place every now and then, there’s people here far more qualified than me to do it.  
    Enjoy and remember what that poster said that hung on the office wall of that man who was from Californication said... Deep, man. Really. Deep.
  • Yeah, predicting filling slots in the periodic table is not very impressive. I’d be impressed and start to think he might have something if he’d predicted *any* of the elements properties correctly, beyond those that obviously follow from position with it the periodic table (eg grouping of noble gasses, radioactives etc).

What other predictions or “future tech” did the guy get right?
  • that looks like one of those aid things they drop by parachute
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Lol COD loot box.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    I love this thread. Going back a few pages, since folks still seem to think rogan has useful guests. Eric Weinstein and his bro believe all manner of patently false shit. They're pedalling conspiracies about covid, the election and every other dumb thing you can think of. The flat out dumbest members of the IDW. jesus christ.

A bit of a random counter point, but I'm always going to give Rogan half a chance with a certain class of bullshit, just for the sheer respect he afforded to John Carmack.

That interview was excellent.

That apart, couldn't give a flying fuck about the man.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Rogan had Bernie Sanders on and supported his campaign. For every prick he has on, he has someone decent. Or maybe it's not one for one, but anyway.q
  • Nodding along to all guests just makes him some sort of useless centrist sponge. Great, have Bernie. Have Cornell West. You're still a fuck head if you can just nod along to Gavin Mac of proud boys fame talking about Muslims breading like insects or whatever fucking disgusting shit he spouted.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, don't listen to those ones. He is basically a useless centrist sponge, yes. But there aren't that many places where you can hear someone you like talk about stuff for three hours without it being just an ad for something they're selling.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    @bad_hair_day

You'll like this, jeremy corbell post getting alot of attention on r/ufo. The link below is the background around the pics and the video.

https://www.extraordinarybeliefs.com/news4/navy-filmed-pyramid-ufos

Whatever’s flying around these warships, they seem to come in all shapes and sizes. The ones we get to know about anyway.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Yeah, don't listen to those ones. He is basically a useless centrist sponge, yes. But there aren't that many places where you can hear someone you like talk about stuff for three hours without it being just an ad for something they're selling.

Exactly. Just as I don't go to the library to pull out the Tommy Robison bio.
    One day though, I might. And not because I want to join the British Defence League either.

I don't think I'm smart enough to identify any specific pattern in Rogan's programming. Though, for one, he has very few women on his show. But in this case, given his proclivities (I'm no MMA fan), how much can anyone read into choices such as those?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Here is some previously unreleased footage.
    Spoiler:
  • Defo looks like a parachute on the pyramid at the end
    PSN - minkymu
  • Im an actual believer myself. I saw something I couldn’t explain as a 13 year old whilst out night fishing in sutton park. Never really told many before for fear of ridicule , but it was a weird experience.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Shouldn't go fishing around dogging sites then mate.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!