Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • monkey wrote:
    Tbf he had a tough start to the gig. He’s probably only just getting over the whole crucifixion thing. Out the way Red
    He’s still cross.

Ha, nailed it.

edit: feck, didnt see Griffs post until after.
    SFV - reddave360
  • You'll be stigmatised for that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lot of passion in that post.
  • The minute Jeremy Corbell's name comes up in any of these conversations I do have to chuckle. The man is a grade A bullshit artist and a total prick.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Nick West said it was ‘probably’ Venus.

xCWVY73.gif
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    *Crickets*
  • It's because we've all been silenced by the irrefutable proof of that article I guess. 

I read it and the video is cool, and the report is cool, but don't like, crews ever radio anything in? 

They didn't report the apparent air safety violation to the reporting body, even though both pilots were experienced and had no way of knowing what that thing was. It could have been anything, including a military aircraft from a foreign nation, I get that the FAA says they don't want UFO reports made to them, but they can still report the air safety violation through the confidential reporting system in place. I would have thought the moment they believed the craft to be an airliner on a collision course when it shone the beam of light on them they would have been calling that shit in, and also trying to contact the craft to warn it. There are no mentions of these calls taking place in the report. The event lasted at lease half an hour, and there are no reports of the crew making any attempt to contact air traffic control and ask them what is happening. 

It also says the crew are deidentified to protect their identity but the report lists the time and date of the flight as well as the route and the video they released does not disguise the voices of the crew lmao.

Also re the UAP, they love to be invisible to radar but also be a bright glowing object set against the night sky or that flash up on infra red cameras if you're in a military aircraft that you wouldn't need radar to detect, amazing technology. Obviously unless it's extra terrestrial with capabilities such that it doesn't care if it is seen or not.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I was just not responding as I was avoiding coming in here and shitting all over your enthusiastic credulity once again, not because I am somehow convinced by a stupidly blurry video of a light in the sky and an accompanying article from some site I’ve never heard of.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Roujin, I agree there’s no point of purposely being invisible to radar if your military aircraft emits such a bright light. Not very stealthy. Guess the top gunner was just bored, so decided to ask their mission control to fly alongside a commercial airliner for half an hour. Also agree it is cool.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Or it’s something very small with a light on it that was much closer than they thought.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    On your bike Yoss.

Father Ted gif.
  • I mean, if it was a real object, then what is it likely to be? 

Probably not military, since i doubt they fly anything that glows like that at night if they don't want people spotting it. 

So what else is it? Some kind of weather phenomenon? That lasts half an hour and shines a light on a plane? Nah. 

So is it aliens? If aliens like to drop from high altitude, shine their torch on airliners and then match heading and speed but turn away at the border before the plane entered US air space, then yeah, it's aliens. 

If I was an alien though, I doubt the concept of the invisible border between mexican and US air space is something I would have enough of an awareness of to respect.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Or it’s something very small with a light on it that was much closer than they thought.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F9gpL3Lm.gif
  • The aliens have been talking to the US gov since the 1940s. They’ll have all sorts of no-fly-zone agreements.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Anytime I hear the alien stuff, apart from wistfully thinking about Gillian Anderson, my next thought is always Fermi paradox and I go NOPE!
  • Everybody gangsta till the Aurora's get scrambled. 

Aurora_x-plane_3.jpg
  • "We will not go quietly into the night!
    We will not vanish without a fight!
    We're going to live on!
    We're going to survive!"
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Roujin wrote:
    Everybody gangsta till the Aurora's get scrambled.  Aurora_x-plane_3.jpg

Aurora borealis? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your kitchen?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Anytime I hear the alien stuff, apart from wistfully thinking about Gillian Anderson, my next thought is always Fermi paradox and I go NOPE!
    The universe is a dark forest. Every civilization is an armed hunter stalking through the trees like a ghost, gently pushing aside branches that block the path and trying to tread without sound. Even breathing is done with care. The hunter has to be careful, because everywhere in the forest are stealthy hunters like him.

If he finds other life — another hunter, an angel or a demon, a delicate infant or a tottering old man, a fairy or a demigod — there’s only one thing he can do: open fire and eliminate them. In this forest, hell is other people. An eternal threat that any life that exposes its own existence will be swiftly wiped out. This is the picture of cosmic civilization. It’s the explanation for the Fermi Paradox.

https://www.universetoday.com/149410/beyond-fermis-paradox-xvi-what-is-the-dark-forest-hypothesis/

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Guess we shouldn’t discount the Mexican antigravity craft program from this encounter.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:

I’ve been reading up about the rare Earth hypothesis recently, it makes a lot of sense to me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_hypothesis
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I mean, if it was a real object, then what is it likely to be? 

Probably not military, since i doubt they fly anything that glows like that at night if they don't want people spotting it. 

So what else is it? Some kind of weather phenomenon? That lasts half an hour and shines a light on a plane? Nah. 

So is it aliens? If aliens like to drop from high altitude, shine their torch on airliners and then match heading and speed but turn away at the border before the plane entered US air space, then yeah, it's aliens. 

If I was an alien though, I doubt the concept of the invisible border between mexican and US air space is something I would have enough of an awareness of to respect.

Like they say, we have questions.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I’ve watched a few vids on that. And also the fa that it’s not just the sweet spot we live in from the equator but the massive job Jupiter and Saturn have done to protect life on this planet from annihilation. Those conditions are just incredibly rare.

I definitely think there is life out there. I just don’t think they’ve made it here.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    That would depend on how they could get here and how long they’ve been staying. If ‘they’ exist of course.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah I’ve watched a few vids on that. And also the fa that it’s not just the sweet spot we live in from the equator but the massive job Jupiter and Saturn have done to protect life on this planet from annihilation. Those conditions are just incredibly rare.

I definitely think there is life out there. I just don’t think they’ve made it here.

Plus plate tectonics, plus the fact that our planet spins at an angle, plus the fact that we have a magnetosphere. All very rare things from what we can tell.

It seems almost inconceivable that there isn’t more life out there somewhere, but intelligent life is probably vanishingly rare, and the chances of two of these intelligent species finding each other in the vastness of the universe are practically zero.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    ‘But still, they come.’
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You know that’s fiction, right?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Fact is stranger.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    This is my thought on this stuff. Plus bokeh.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!