Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Wow, if I select this random point, and then this random point, and connect them together, I get a shape. Now if I draw another shape you can see a circle that connects all the points, apart from the left edge of those lines that are super mega significant on the right, but not the left, don't worry about those.
  • Whatever about the points. Its the drawing of the circle that is pause for thought methinks.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've not watched the video, is it The Bible Code all over again?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    My brother believes all this shit btw, any time we chat he bangs on about it. I just nod, smile and back away slowly.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Whatever about the points. Its the drawing of the circle that is pause for thought methinks.

Yeah, it hits all the points he decides it should hit. It's very impressive.
  • My brother believes all this shit btw, any time we chat he bangs on about it. I just nod, smile and back away slowly.

You can find patterns in everything, e' sordid lark.
  • Whatever about the points. Its the drawing of the circle that is pause for thought methinks.
    yup.im hoping for the next video he can draw a cock AND balls from page seven of Ulysses
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    These things always carry a health warning about looking for stuff and finding something through an arbitrary selection of operations. That can be detected fairly quickly. This one isn't quite so fanciful and the results are not found by overly arbitrary means. So it warrants further investigation in my mind.

If it is true it means "we" knew about some mathematical constants earlier than current records show, and that whoever wrote the Shakespere sonnets, itself an subject of debate , seemed to have access to this knowledge.

It isn't exactly a ludicrous possibility. To find out that universal constants are inter-related is no miracle either as even with my year 1 university mathematics I know the relationship between i, e and pi which is rather beautiful.

The fact it is tied up in pyramid-ology makes it lose a few credibility points as that area is tarnished by buffoonery, but it's still of interest.

The real question is if it is actually correct, why was it done? Why put a clever encoding of these constants in the frontispiece of a piece of literature? This is where it starts to become a bit beyond my tolerance - there are claims that the text itself is structured in a similar way and it becomes harder to believe someone could be so clever as to craft it that way. Not impossible but it gets tougher to stay with the narrative.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The health warning  should be taken as read in here tbf,I'm blue in the face saying it. This one I agree Davy has some interest. Mathematical  constants are harder to argue with than words.
    yup.im hoping for the next video he can draw a cock AND balls from page seven of Ulysses

Ahahahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Been linked before? Wrong thread? Kinda fun anyway (but basically "science")...

http://www.businessinsider.com/reindeer-herders-discovered-two-new-mysterious-siberian-craters-2014-7?IR=T
  • Interesting, but from the very first photo I thought 'that's not a crater' then they explain what they most likely are.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • More of a sinkhole shape.
    But a "build up of methane gas, exploding through the surface"...? We all know that that's called an Earth-Fart.
  • Let's have some loon-related documentaries shall we?

Why not!

First up, one about the the various backers of Nazism in the 20's and 30's, this is related to a wider theory (expoused by Guido Preparata in his book Conjuring Hitler) that the Nazi's were secretly willed into being and encouraged in their rise in order to act as a bulwark against the USSR and the menace of communism. I've not read the book but it sounds intriguing, Guido himself has a slightly dodgy reputation which I can't work out if he deserves or not (I'm fairly ignorant of him). He has put out some top quality nuttiness though. Here's an interview with him: "They want to turn us into a Global society of termites!

I should add I've only skimmed the interview, briefly watched the doc ages ago and neither agree or disagree with the theories expoused above. Interesting though. I keep meaning to find the time to investigate further, but y'know, life and what-not gets in the way.

Evidence of Revision

I posted this in the documentaries thread ages ago. I doubt anyone watched it. Given that it's a ten-hour long doc about things which happened before most of us were born, in a country we don't reside in, I can't say I blame them. I watched during a brief period of unemployment years ago, when I was desperate for things to occupy my time and was going through a slightly nutty 'conspiracy' phase. One of the many advantages of unemployment is that you have the time to think about the stuff that you always meant to read up on but never found the time. Anyway, it's culled from various first hand accounts and news reports from the assassinations of both Kennedy's and MLK, plus delves into one of my favourite areas - MK Ultra and the CIA's attempts at mind-control. I forget what the last few parts are about, Vietnam or summat. Anyway, I found it interesting. It's available on Youtube broken up into seperate parts if you can't be bothered watching the whole thing (I wouldn't blame you at all).

At the time I thought it was convincing but I may have been wrong, in hindsight I was going through a slightly 'mentally questionable' period due to sudden unemployment, a bad breakup and basic 'staying-in and ruminating too much' cabin fever. It took some anti-depressants to sort me out and help me get a grip on myself and my increasingly erratic mind. Again, I posted another doc in the Documentaries thread about the dodginess of the case against Sirhan Sirhan, the man who apparently shot Bobby K, despite the fact Kennedy himself was clearly shot by someone behind him at point blank range, rather than someone infront of him as sirhan was (to this Sirhan day maintains that he has absolutely no memory of shooting Kennedy and was himself the subject some weird hypnotherapy).

I think it's almost certain that neither Kennedy was killed by the person we officially think of as being their murderer, but as to who did it, for what reasons and why it was covered-up, I have no idea. There's just so much to read of both assassinations (I've not really read much about Martin Luther King's) that you soon get completely bogged down and confused when you try to assemble the many, many pieces of the puzzle.

The Zodiac Killer. I know nothing about this case, and frankly find stories about serial killers a bit unsettling and disturbing - but apparently this doc is good. More of a genuine whodunnit than yer regular loon-based conspiracy theory. Interesting though (I haven't watched it myself).

Just yer bog-standard, straight-up story of espionage, double-dealing and betraying one's country. You can't go wrong with a bit of Cold War intrigue. If you're interested in this crap, read Richard J Aldridge's The Hidden Hand: Britain, America and Cold War Secret Intelligence.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Re the Hitler & US business link. It is historical fact that IBM and Hitler were tight. Punched card tech help the Nazi party identify the jewish community more efficiently. Once trade embargos were in place they set up a fake company in Germany with a local front man, but the money was flowing back to base. They had the copyright and sole distribution rights - right down to every single punched card.

There's a good book about it, but wiki for the potted version.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust
  • davyK wrote:
    Here's another good 'un. Supposed accounts of nukes in their bunkers, US and Russian side, temporarily disabled by UFOs in the 60s. I've always put UFO sightings down to experimental aircraft, but depending on the validity of these statements, that doesn't quite cut it. There's a pile of shite about UFOs on cable TV channels which can be dismissed within 5 mins of starting to watch them, but this one is rather better than that trash.

This one is inoffensive so far. I generally believe other intelligent life must exist somewhere in the universe. I also think it's possible 'aliens' may be humans from the future. 

However, i'm generally sceptical in believing this sort of very specific 'proof' and i don't actually get the point in chasing it. Maybe there are aliens. Maybe government isn't telling us. So what? What would we do if we know? Anyway only 7 minutes in so maybe it answers that
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is Rocket Ship the normal term for a space rockets?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    What an awful waste of money.
    Get schwifty.
  • 3 months? I'm glad we're leaving no stone unturned in this search.
  • Those god damn Hamilton Ontraions
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Djornson wrote:
    Here's another good 'un. Supposed accounts of nukes in their bunkers, US and Russian side, temporarily disabled by UFOs in the 60s. I've always put UFO sightings down to experimental aircraft, but depending on the validity of these statements, that doesn't quite cut it. There's a pile of shite about UFOs on cable TV channels which can be dismissed within 5 mins of starting to watch them, but this one is rather better than that trash.
    This one is inoffensive so far. I generally believe other intelligent life must exist somewhere in the universe. I also think it's possible 'aliens' may be humans from the future.  However, i'm generally sceptical in believing this sort of very specific 'proof' and i don't actually get the point in chasing it. Maybe there are aliens. Maybe government isn't telling us. So what? What would we do if we know? Anyway only 7 minutes in so maybe it answers that

I'd wouldn't be at all surprised if the US had experimented on tech to try and disable missile launches. So that part of it - maybe using electro-magnetics or whatever - that might be feasible. The lights in the sky though. That's something else. I certainly wouldn't consider it proof of anything.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hope he made it back up ok
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I had a friend who enjoyed freediving who couldn't swim.
  • Saw that vid last week, it's fucking stressful. I mean, getting to the bottom is one thing, but what about getting back up? Argh!

Interestingly humans seem to have a thing where, when they dive past a certain depth, the body changes its metabolism or some shit and manages to function fully on just a few bpm.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • David Blaine could do better. Easy peasy.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Saw that vid last week, it's fucking stressful. I mean, getting to the bottom is one thing, but what about getting back up? Argh!

Interestingly humans seem to have a thing where, when they dive past a certain depth, the body changes its metabolism or some shit and manages to function fully on just a few bpm.

It's cos we evolved from aliens.

THREAD BACK ON TOPIC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!