Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • YES! That's what I wanted to post but couldn't remember it
  • People getting lost in the woods is clearly down to God's idiotic coding of spawn points.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • hehehe :D
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • g.man wrote:
    People getting lost in the woods is clearly down to God's idiotic coding of spawn points.

"Who designed this thing!"
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    "Oh look, a hand grenade".
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Somebody vanishing slowly rather than quickly would be... more mysterious
  • You mean like in Back to the Future?
  • We all vanish slowly as time eats away at us. Hardly peculiar.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    As time passes I become more real.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I've been lost in the woods a few times. One time, I got really lost whilst hiking a remote trail on the South Island of NZ. Hiking solo, it is a really fucking scary thing to happen, you can get turned around in seconds, and lose the trail even if you're on top of it.

It's easy for me to see how people get confused and end up dying. I was extremely lucky. The light was fading, snow was starting to fall, and just like that, the ground went spongey and I knew I'd wandered from the trail. It's not a nice feeling.

I immediately stopped, backtracked the way I thought I'd gone, and then realised I had lost the track completely. A blind panic took over me and I started jogging through the woods with all my kit muttering to myself before going arse over tit on a root.

I gathered my shit together and accepted I was hopelessly lost. This all happened in a matter of minutes. By now it was dark, really fucking dark, almost pitch black - it gets dark very quickly in the woods - so the head torch went on and I just scrambled through the woods - for hours and hours - in the dark - completely alone - banging my head on branches, tripping over things at every other step and whimpering. I've never been more scared in my life. It was horrendous.

I was exhausted. I'd all but resigned to find somewhere to camp in this lonely misery, when I spied something through the murk - what looked like an orange marker tag on a tree, of which I'd thought I'd seen a million of during my desperate scramble in the last few hours. As I got closer the waves of relief came over me as I realised it really was a trail marker and I just collapsed for a while, unable to believe my luck.

It was another two hours of hiking that trail in the pitch black and the snow, before I finally saw the silhouette of the musterers hut I was supposed to have reached hours before, and my head torch had ran out an hour before that but I was so tuned to the trail it didn't matter. I just couldn't believe my dumb luck. Those woods could have easily been my grave.

Do not fuck around in the woods guys.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Some scary shit there Chalice.
  • In short the cases the author highlights all fit a specific profile. For example the person goes missing right under the noses of companions,no tracks are found,sniffer dogs detect no scent. Then months or years later the body is found in a place that would have been thoroughly investigated in the initial sweeps. Often the person is naked with their feet in terrible condition and cause of death is often exhaustion. Usually a storm rolls in right after the person goes missing, delaying the search.
    The latest book concentrates on hunters going missing. Nearly always they are found with their weapon nearby with full ammo or 1 shot fired.

I think the point of the books is to highlight that there is a common trend in such disappearances and the usual explanations of falling down a well or getting lost are not easily applied.
    Again, I've not read the books or read up much past what is in the podcast. But it sounds interesting.

Said to myself I wouldn't post on this thread. Damn you @ninja :)

If you read the books, you'll find out just how bizarre these cases are. Sometimes they are chilling. For example on a number of occasions, areas that have been throughly searched and yielded nothing. No tracks, no scents, no blood on scene, no signs of of struggle or attack (no bears, cougars, other people), footprints just stop. Yet months later in the middle of a path, will be an item of clothing belonging to the missing person, sometimes with a bone from that person's body on top. Or their body is found in water, months later without the levels of decomposition expected for someone who's been in the water for months on end.

There was a case of a 4 yr old going missing. 6 months later they found his clothes neatly folded out on top of a fallen tree, with the top of his skull and a few teeth placed on top of the clothes. No shoes. His body has never been found.

There was a case of a missing teenager who was out with his family for the day. His body was found 6,000 feet higher on a mountainside months later by accident. No shoes.

There was the case of an experienced hiker who's body was found 300 miles away from her last known location. She was found inside the restricted grounds of a US Navy testing area deep in the woods (fencing all the way around). No shoes.

The authors recommendation is to travel armed (typical for USA), with GPS transponder and a phone. In a majority of the cases the missing people had none of these. Oh and a another bizarre thing is that these missing people's cases take place near a water source. Also people who's bodies are found eventually have their clothing turned inside out and back to front and again no shoes found.

Some people have drawn parallels between this and what happened at skinwalker ranch (see the book Hunt for the Skinwalker). Skinwalker walker ranch is a farm in utah out in the middle of nowhere. The native American Indians who's land basically surrounds the farm avoid the place as they say it's the home of something they call a Skinwalker. Needless to say, the family who own the farm in the book, experienced some really weird shit got very scared. They sold it to Bigelow aerospace. Billionaire Robert Bigelow has a private research institute called NIDS (National institute for discovery sciences). His team of scientists went in with their equipment and I won't spoil the book, but they experienced some really weird and creepy shit.

The world is a weird place and weird shit happens. These books are an interesting read.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hah, I knew you couldn't stay away.
  • The answer is clearly very neat water-bears with foot fetishes.
  • Not having a pop at you here Dino, but again I don’t really see mysterious happenings in any of this shit. I think that human beings are really really good at seeing patterns, even when there isn’t one. That’s just how our brains are wired. If you’re looking for (or hoping for) mysteries or conspiracies, you’ll see them everywhere. Confirmation bias, y’all.

Dinostar77 wrote:
    There was a case of a 4 yr old going missing. 6 months later they found his clothes neatly folded out on top of a fallen tree, with the top of his skull and a few teeth placed on top of the clothes. No shoes. His body has never been found.

Kidnapper, possible paedo. Killed the kid, disposed of the body, left some stupid ‘trophies’ behind.

Dinostar77 wrote:
    There was a case of a missing teenager who was out with his family for the day. His body was found 6,000 feet higher on a mountainside months later by accident. No shoes.

Teenager ran away. Sometime later, possibly months later, something went wrong and teenager died in a different location.

Alternatively, teenager went off with a stranger (or someone known to them). Stranger either killed them and dumped the body where they thought it wouldn’t be found, or just dropped the kid off miles from anywhere and the kid died of exposure etc.

Dinostar77 wrote:
    There was the case of an experienced hiker who's body was found 300 miles away from her last known location. She was found inside the restricted grounds of a US Navy testing area deep in the woods (fencing all the way around). No shoes.

Experienced hiker unsurprisingly manages to hike 300 miles. Gets lost, end up in a weird location before giving in to starvation/exposure/whatever.

Dinostar77 wrote:
    No shoes. No shoes.

First thing desperate and/or homeless people steal from a dead body. Shoes.
  • Alex Jones was talking with Robert David Steele on his show about how NASA has been kidnapping kids and sending them to Mars to work in a slave colony.
  • Sounds legit.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I really enjoyed reading those reddit search and rescue stories. Nothing particularly weird or spooky but interesting.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Tempy wrote:
    Alex Jones was talking with Robert David Steele on his show about how NASA has been kidnapping kids and sending them to Mars to work in a slave colony.

No one on this thread is at the Alex Jones level. He's just disturbed.

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He's not, he's just a cunt. I doubt he actually believes 1% of the shit he comes out with.
  • If his divorce proceedings are to be believed, it's an act he does for money.
  • Some proper scary shit there chalice.
    Some number of these cases simply have to be caused by serial killers. Which is far more disturbing an explanation than the dimensional fabric.being thin.
    Those Reddit park ranger stories were made up though yeah? They were posted in the horror fiction subreddit were they not?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Those were clearly bollocks.
  • He's not, he's just a cunt. I doubt he actually believes 1% of the shit he comes out with.

I also kind of got the post the wrong way around, Jones was agreeing with Steele, who made the assertion. Steele is ex CIA clandestine cases officer, so there's that I guess.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Those were clearly bollocks.
    I only.glanced through them. Reminded me of the Ted the Caver story thing.that was great :)
  • Tempy wrote:
    He's not, he's just a cunt. I doubt he actually believes 1% of the shit he comes out with.

I also kind of got the post the wrong way around, Jones was agreeing with Steele, who made the assertion. Steele is ex CIA clandestine cases officer, so there's that I guess.

Probably along the lines of Corey Goode, who is probably more batshit crazy than Alex Jones. (lunatic fringe who believe the moon and Mars is populated with people. Seriously. They've been there and worked there). When I won't listen to his stuff, you know he's seriously seriously down a special rabbit hole.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Don't know that one. Got a link?

Edit: Supadupafly.
  • I saw some goons out in the street here in Glasgow at lunchtime wearing hi-viz vests with “ASK ME ABOUT FLAT EARTH” emblazoned on the back. Looked like some sort of publicity stunt, as they had cameras set up to record themselves talking to members of the public.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!