Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • I mean that posting a video of a plane doesn’t recreate how things look with the human eye. Talking about 1080p misses the point somewhat.

I’m not disagreeing that the WSOs are trained pilots. But we simply don’t know what they have to say about this incident now.

I wouldn’t expect somebody to come out and say it’s all bullshit because, as I have said, I don’t think they’ve invented the whole incident out of nothing. That doesn’t mean it’s definitely a physics defying craft controlled by a sentient being.

Your analysis of all of this material appears to be coming from the mindset of believing that it is a physics defying craft controlled by a sentient being, and when the evidence doesn’t detract from that, you believe it strengthens the case. We’re you to analyse this with a neutral mindset to see what conclusions can be drawn, I suspect it would be a little different.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    That's fair, but if you accept the radar and eyewitness accounts are of things real, the next question is who made them fifteen years ago, and where is a semblance of this craft's abilities not the US or foreign inventories today.

The 1080p reference was pointing out even at this fairly low res on a laptop size screen, at 20,000 feet the road vehicles were visible to the eye. Hoping pilot's have 20/20 vision. 

Recently watched a video of fighter jet landing on a carrier in bad weather - squeaky bum times.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Like, I keep asking but no one has answered whether there are still “black triangle” UFOs now that the F-117 is now both well-known and retired.
    In 10 or 15 years’ time we’ll know what this thing was and odds are the capabilities will be a lot less impressive than the numbers thrown around, and it’ll be due to errors when estimating how far away it was (as that informs the size and speed estimates).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That's fair, but if you accept the radar and eyewitness accounts are of things real

This is kind of the catch though, innit? You’re happy to accept that these are recollections of real, physical things, others aren’t convinced.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    DJ this was fifteen years ago, four years before the iPhone.

The numbers being 'thrown around' were from the footage, senior radar operators, the tech crews aboard the USS Princeton and the Hawkeye 'spy plane' - guess they know their stuff. They've repeatedly said the systems were behaving normally and not faulty in any way - seemed to have a good fix on the F18's and all the other vessels.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Anyway chaps, painting waits for no man!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fatima, 1917 - the miracle of the sun. The sun "danced", spun on itself, became huge as it advanced towards the earth, became an opaque disc that changed colour and threw a rainbow of colors across the landscape. This was witnessed by up to a hundred thousand people, including religious and non religious, journalists, scientists etc. who stood and watched for ten minutes. It also happened at a predicted time, which is why there were so many there. Surely, so many people, all kinds of eyewitnesses, could not be mistaken? Some say it was actually a ufo encounter.

The number, or profession, of witnesses does not mean they are right.
  • the Hawkeye 'spy plane'
    What kind of numbers quoted for the speed / acceleration?
    Is this official data/records gathered at the time that have been verified by numerous legit sources?
    Or is this second hand data “someone said it in a YouTube video”/“I saw it on a website and it seemed legit”?
    - guess they know their stuff.
    I’ll bet there’s been lots of other “guesses” that have been compounded into “verified facts” over the years and every time the story gets repeated.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    From the report.

eKl5eyK.jpg
  • The 1080p reference was pointing out even at this fairly low res on a laptop size screen, at 20,000 feet the road vehicles were visible to the eye. Hoping pilot's have 20/20 vision.

I might have difficulty communicating this, but the resolution of the image you’re watching has little to do with the clarity of his vision. Unless you’re watching that video on exactly the right size of screen from exactly the right distance, it doesn’t replicate what he’s seeing with his eyes. It’s also easier to see things when we’re watching an isolated rectangle, rather than picking things out from a full field of vision. And, to top things off, you know what a road vehicle looks like so it’s easy for your brain to interpret that data. Especially when those items are only effectively moving along two axes from your point of view.

Take an item, which you have never seen before, moving on all three axes, while you are also moving on all three axes, and your ability to interpret exactly what it is and exactly how it’s moving are somewhat diminished. Yes, I imagine a pilot’s ability to discern those things are better than most, but the circumstances of this incident impair that.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    You've listened to his account and take it read the reports, don't think I can add to the details therein.
  • From the report.

My main take:
    Since the radar was in the mode to handle Air Intercept if conventional aircraft it never obtained an accurate track of the AAVs and was quickly “dropped” by the radar meaning it was eliminated by the computer to reduce the amount of clutter on the radar, as any other false target is handled.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Because they were moving too fast for aircraft he said, ballistic missiles not so much.
  • It might just be the way they write their reports, but to me there is a crucial difference between, “as any other false target is handled,” and, for example, “as false targets are handled.”

Either way, it’s unambiguously staying that the tracking was inaccurate.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's also unambiguously saying the tracking was inaccurate because the unknowns were moving too fast for the radar to keep up.

Rather like one of them zooming away from Fravor's F18's to their training rendezvous point, (like it was playing with them) instantly appearing on the Princeton Radar. Again, too flipping fast for the sweep to track accurately.
  • No, that part of it is ambiguous, because the only thing indicating velocity is the very thing which can’t track accurately. The behaviour of the radar readings is like it’s tracking a missile, but it cannot be stated unambiguously or with certainty that that is what is happening. Not all white birds are swans.
  • As I suspected, the highest reading it can record is 60,000 feet, so a reading indicating ‘a sudden descent from 60,000 to sea level’ also seems like a detector failing to track something and returning a full range of results.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I'll leave it to the radar operator with 17 years of experience who went on record to say these unknowns tracks were real objects going very fast.  

They also appeared at 60,000 feet, care to postulate where they were beforehand?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'll leave it to the radar operator with 17 years of experience who went on record to say these unknowns tracks were real objects going very fast.  

How on earth could he have known this from looking at a radar blip?
  • I'll leave it to the radar operator with 17 years of experience who went on record to say these unknowns tracks were real objects going very fast.
    No, he didn’t. You want him to have said that. He went on record to say that the radar readings were akin to real objects going very fast.

They also appeared at 60,000 feet, care to postulate where they were beforehand?
    The initial reading was the highest number on the range, rapidly descending to the lowest, on a detector that is struggling to return accurate results and give any accurate indication of what’s happening. I’d be as well postulating that they were up my arse beforehand.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Cruisers have four screens and multiple operators, all tracking objects simultaneously and can track in 3D using the SeaHawk Spy plane. Kevin Day was the Chief so interviewed for the report. It's their jobs to know what's a threat to protect the carrier and the fleet. Can't be clearer THE OBJECTS HAD A WIGGLE ON.

ftacb4zh.jpg

lMajUSH.jpg?1
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It's their jobs to know what's a threat to protect the carrier and the fleet.

Which rather suggests that they weren’t identified as a threat because nobody bothered to investigate further for several days.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Rather than me speak for the US Navy, listen to what someone who was there to explain why.

Kevin Day- Senior Radar Operator- USS Princeton
    https://youtu.be/_2zRabdvKnw
  • ...THE OBJECTS HAD A WIGGLE ON.

1) Phenomena.
    2) I don’t know what ‘had a wiggle on’ means, sorry.
    3) I don’t know if you think your pictures are helping your case, but they are not.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Rather than me speak for the US Navy, listen to what someone who was there to explain why.

Are there transcripts of these interviews anywhere? Because I’m still not about to sit down for 37 minutes to listen to this.
  • Had a wiggle on means moving fast.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

Are there transcripts of these interviews anywhere? Because I’m still not about to sit down for 37 minutes to listen to this.

Just listen to it another time, when you're ironing, commuting etc - throw me a solid here.

• Don’t waste your time, Yoss. It’s repetitive and muddled. You’ve seen and heard everything there is to see and hear in the first few minutes.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's repetitive because the interviewer is trying to get everything down, yeah, don't bother.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!