Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Except the radar ops corroborate their stories.
    Also the video.

The radar ops were eyeballing craft from the ground?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The only thing that the radar ops can corroborate is that they saw signals on their radar screens. That’s it. It’s not corroboration, it’s one additional piece of evidence which fits more than one potential set of possibilities.
  • Except the radar ops corroborate their stories. Also the video.

I think it’s more likely that those are the things which are creating false memories, filling in details.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Sigh.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What are the physics of such an object moving at such a speed? If reports are to be believed we know it has a physical effect on the water as the describe white water similar to a helicopter hovering. It then goes under water and shoots off at some insane speed. That would surely vaporize the water causing an insane explosion, in air it would cause a sonic boom.
    If they are creating their own gravitational field, Newtonian physics don't apply, er apparently.

Could be a higher-dimensional thing.

Someone dropping onto the ground from above would appear out of nowhere to a 2D person. They would only see a cross section of that person too. 

Similar could happen to us if something was moving in a higher dimenson than we can perceive.

My understanding is that physicists believe gravity works in higher dimensions and we only experience it in our 3D way.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I'm on Team Hair. I believe. But I'm biased as I saw a UFO once and no-one's gonna convince me I didn't.
  • I admire bhd’s tenacity. I don’t really believe in it and don’t have the interest or patience to go through all the documents, but if anyone deserves an alien sighting it’s him.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Thanks chaps. A big part of me doesn't want to believe because it's so bloody scary.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    The only thing that the radar ops can corroborate is that they saw signals on their radar screens. That’s it. It’s not corroboration, it’s one additional piece of evidence which fits more than one potential set of possibilities.

I'll come to this later if I may?

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    I'm on Team Hair. I believe. But I'm biased as I saw a UFO once and no-one's gonna convince me I didn't.
    Do tell Scout.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Of course you may, but the chances of you convincing me that this whole story has an extra-terrestrial explanation is roughly equivalent to the chances of someone convincing me that I should start standing to wipe.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    I’m not saying it’s all conjured out of thin air...

That's a fair enough concession.
    And now I also appreciate the other points you're making.

But then anchoring to this concept, and vehemently believing it to be a key reason for something not happening (or having happened), is just as 'spooky' as believing the vids and accompanying explanation to be indisputable evidence of aliens, or a new, top secret, form of Russian or Chinese aircraft...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I'll come to this later if I may?

Corroborating the six fighter pilot's account, these objects were observed over numerous days before the aerial engagement.

Kevin Day - Senior Radar Operator - USS Princeton 
    19:40 Got the relative bearing from the radar then viewed through the ship's binoculars 
    https://youtu.be/_2zRabdvKnw

Gary Voorhis - CEC operator - USS Princeton
    02:53 Contact via the ship's Binoculars
    https://youtu.be/4YhlvUg2yk4

Omar Lara - Flight Decker Air Ops - USS Nimitz
    01:52 Visual sighting  ‬
    https://youtu.be/NEmfjU4U4H8‬ 

Can we all agree these encounters were not radar glitches?

• Your complex formatting is scaring me Tbh.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    'Is there something wrong, Dave?'
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Over numerous days makes this pretty suspect as corroboration, I’m afraid. They could have seen anything which they then decided later might have been the thing.

Sorry, this isn’t causing me to accept that these weren’t radar glitches.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Just watch the videos mate. x
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If you want to come and do my job for an hour and a half one day, I’ll use the time to watch the videos.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I've put in red where to start watching/listening from. Few minutes from each is enough.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You know that I’m not going to believe their accounts, right?
  • Thats exactly what an alien would say.
  • Andy wrote:
    Andy, which part of Favor's account in do you think might be fabricated? He seem's almost downplaying the events.
    I didn’t listen for very much longer, it was just my reaction to what you and superfly considered a very credible witness. While calmness, assuredness and certainty certainly tend to boost our confidence in someone’s reliability, I’d be very suspicious of someone claiming to recall so many specific details with such clarity, and maintaining chronological continuity, after 15 months, let alone fifteen years. He’s not recounting an event as he remembers it, he’s telling a well-rehearsed story, and I’d have grave doubts about how much is what he saw, and how much is blanks filled by hearing his colleagues accounts’ of the same event. I’ve had a crowd tell me a man had a gun. An automatic rifle, specifically. What he actually had was a baseball bat. I will always be sceptical of people describing something with which they are unfamiliar, especially when they’ve heard others’ accounts. Because of the way memory works, they won’t even know they are doing it.
    Only catching up on the thread now. What you say makes total sense. My explanation for that at time of listening was him being in the military and the associated documentation. This is all assumption on my part, I have no idea if its factual. The detail of the mission, equipment involved etc would be all recorded in reports. He would have to write up an incident report Id imagine and he possibly has a copy himself. Also, there is the video and his co-pilots etc, radar operators etc he could talk to form his story. Being military Id assume he would be well versed in noting detail.
    And I would agree that for certain unusual activity in your day to day, memory retention would pretty high. Can I remember all the times I drove out a certain busy merge lane in the morning? No. But can I remember the time I got rear-ended? In detail!
    Also, the guy is going to do a podcast where he is being interviewed in-depth on this very topic so I do think he would have formed his story and refreshed the details prior to recording.
    What Im more concerned with is this surfacing at all and his motives, why come out at all and give his story? Why is the video officially released by the military?
    From watching the video, was anything evident from his mannerisms to indicate his sincerity in what he was describing?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Do we know how much money any of these people are being offered for telling their story on podcasts, conference appearances. monetised youtube videos etc.?

As soon as any form of gain (financial, reputational etc) is on the line, I immediately become more wary.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    What I'm more concerned with is this surfacing at all and his motives, why come out at all and give his story? Why is the video officially released by the military?

Have to get my ducks in a row on this, and will post more later but it's not conspiratorial. It also address DJ's point about gain.

• Ok phew, I've caught up on the thread.
    BHD you really are fighting a losing battle with this crowd. A complete bunch of Scullys.

There are just a couple of points I'd like to address.
    1) IIRC (and Andy insists that I am not ;p  ) Favor is not claiming ALIENS are behind the sighting. He doesn't know what the sighting was of.
    2) Those in this forum not instantly shutting down the incident are not claiming ALIENS.

In my opinion....
    I think the video was purposefully released and that Favor etc was "encouraged" to come forward. The video likely is showing experimental tech. Those planes were flying without weapons and were purposefully buzzed by the craft. Its possibly related to the decline of oil. Plant a seed that this sort of tech exists and when the time is right (ie profits drying up in oil) the tech is released and the oil companies have an alternative revenue stream and the US unveils its fleet of super drones.
    If the Navy truly does not know what this craft is /or radar glitches etc then I highly doubt that it would allow any mention of it to be released.

Could be it a perfect storm of inaccurate eye witness accounts, radar glitches etc? Yes of course.

The chances that its aliens are remote.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message

The chances that its aliens are remote.

A million to one, but still they come. BAM BAM BAUUMM
  • Scout wrote:
    I'm on Team Hair. I believe. But I'm biased as I saw a UFO once and no-one's gonna convince me I didn't.
    Do tell Scout.
    It's not the most exciting story. It was about 20 years ago when I still lived with my parents. I was a secret smoker. Every night I'd sneak on to the roof of the house to smoke and star-gaze. It was my favourite thing to do. We lived a little out of the city so on clear nights we always had a fantastically dark sky. I was used to seeing shooting stars and satellites. 

One night there was a single point of light moving around in an unusual fashion. Stopping and starting, up and down, left and right. Totally silent. I sat there watching it for a while wondering if it might be a distant helicopter. But then it suddenly - and silently - shot right over my head at an impossible speed. I stood up and watched as it continued on its way before disappearing over the horizon in a couple of seconds. I was so thrilled I did a little dance on the roof.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's exciting to me. How do you know it wasn't a radar glitch?
  • Smoking or smoking?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!