Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • I know that they no longer use the term UFO. The point is that they didn’t fall on the term UAP by accident. The new term highlights that anything they classify as a UAP isn’t necessarily flying, and isn’t necessarily an object. It’s a falsehood to say that anyone has confirmed that the footage is of a flying object. Absolutely nobody has confirmed that.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I throw myself on the mercy of the court.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Any kind of ufo stuff has to stand up to a barrage of criticism and debunking, here or anywhere. We would all be so much worse off without a litany of scepticism - we'd be chasing fairies and going to sleep worried about spontaneously combusting. The shooting down is absolutely necessary for any of this to exist in any meaningful way.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    . Its still a good read and who knows there might be 00000.1% of you that thinks it could be true.

Whether it's put in % terms or semantically changed to something like we can't know, or who knows, or you can't say it's not true, this sort of thinking is really problematic.

Those in here urging caution/sceptisism being painted as stubborn or unreasonable is BS.

I am loathe to go full I'm Mr rational guy, but folks need to stop broadening the definition of "evidence" so much it becomes meaningless.

Andy doing god's work up in this bitch, frankly.

We currently have a pm who is close friends with a QAnon fuck head. That means there's folks in actual positions of power being advised by people who think, and I shit you not, that Richie benoud was involved in child sacrifice rituals.

Feel free to go and examine how folks present their "evidence" for that, or flat earth, or other such wild claims, and hopefully be chastened by how similar the methods are with UFO shit.

Apologies for rant.

*hugs* etc.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I mean, it’s not like anyone’s being particularly shouted down either - I firmly believe many people have seen UFOs. The difference is that I understand this amounts to “I saw a flying thing that I don’t know what it was”, and I am also very comfortable in *not* having to have an explanation for everything - life’s more fun if there are mysteries. I find it a bit sad really when people have to remove mystery and the unknown from their lives with trite explanations like “it’s time travellers from an alternate dimension”. It’s more fun that we don’t know everything in the world, and are capable of saying “I don’t know”.
  • If Richie was it was worth it for god tier commentary.
  • Fair.
  • The many worlds bit of this should be a weird enough thing to think about for any tin foiler -

Who needs tic tacs/chinese lanterns/moths?
  • https://twitter.com/evopsychgoogle/status/1189958542616252417?s=09

This could also go in the racist thread (and will).

But have a quick look through some of the grabbed paragraphs. Ooh errr, it's a peer reviewed bit of "science." let's slip a few howlers in because we're racist fuckheads.

We've cited some stuff, no one will bother to do the background. Suddenly there's "evidence," someone coming in unawares might try and be fair and call it poor evidence. Even giving it that title though is too much, and lo, we have a cottage industry of folks producing content that is detached from reality.

If JRPC was here he'd probably cite the fucking thing, and quote it, and go back and forth with folks.

And no one wants to be an asshole on here if someone is seemingly a regular arguing in good faith. And generally speaking, on most topics, we're all laypeople spit balling.

And that's how you have complete and utter trype with zero basis in reality getting regurgitated.

Fucking fun times.

• I need a coffee.

*hugs* again
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Just the one cup Face. Just talking flying saucers, fuckin 'ell.
  • Jesus Christ.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • He's certainly part of the problem.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Sooner he returns, the better.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Are you sure that Tic Tac wasn't a Smint?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    Are you sure that Tic Tac wasn't a Smint?

Its was Buzz lightyear in a Smint going...To Infinity and Beyond!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Smints do look more futuristic...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    They look like ecstasy tablets too apparantly.

At least they do if you are a 50+ out of touch duffer.
  • :)
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Go and rewatch the Joe Rogan interview. They’re a couple of miles away, and a couple of miles up. They do get a bit closer, but he’s making claims about what he can see from a fucktonne of a distance away.

Convalescing a shredded throat ATM so time on my hands and this had always niggled me.

20,000 feet does seem a long way up to describe spotting a 40 foot tic tac, but it was because of the unnatural pinging movement and the 737 size froth underneath. Cmdr Fravor's description starts here  

Turns out even at 1080p you can see vehicles on roads (without moving erratically) at 20k. We should be now more confident of the four pilot's accounts who had real eyes on it for minutes?

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    eX9wfFu.gif

We all like to think of ourselves as rational thinkers. Even those who have world views that fly in the face of sceptical inquiry. Heck, most of the earth believes in gods of some sort, but not me. Same with all paranormal stuff, ghosts, previous lives the power of the cloud...
    This extends to most conspiracy theories, fake moon landings, 9/11 and 99% of 'UFO shit'.

This USS Nimitz /Tic-Tac event is part of the one percent that seems to hold water.  

Read the articles, listen to the interviews and watch the footage. It's circumstantial evidence, but some need admit unless one landed at your feet - they ain't going to believe. That's a high bar for things so elusive.

Would we like full access to the radar data, crew conversations and live video feed recordings from the ships and aircraft? Absolutely. But that's not going to happen.

If it were one low ranking inexperienced pilot trying to make a buck...but it's four pilots who have decades of experience telling their government they saw/engaged and recorded a forty foot, hypersonic tic tac, with no visible means of propulsion, which reacted to their presence, actively jammed their onboard radar, rang rings around the most advanced planes the U.S. had, then shot off in a wink to their classified rendezvous point 40 miles away, held there until the other two pilots in a second investigation arrived over an hour later. Then it took off again, so fast the USS Princeton radar and F18 lost tracking.

This is all in the official report and corroborated by the radar ops and other military personnel who watched the live video link from the aircraft.

They all appear patriots, seemingly concerned about the security of their comrades and country. Hell, if you had this story wouldn't you want to tell the world and have them believe you?

You'd think if this was bullshit, a least one person from the Pentagon down to an enlisted crew member from the entirety of the battle group exercise (after the world news coverage) would have come forward to deny it ever occurred.

Nada, zip - even after the Rogan cast.

Most likely, more witnesses will see there's less stigma and acceptance by their peers and the public so more will step forward.

I believe this event happened the way it's been meticulously recounted, and flat out denial is just that.

<3

For any wanting to know why this subject is getting attention here's all the good stuff, recounting the events of Nov 2004 (and a supporting 13 page report). Why not read at least the summary and or listen to them through the earbuds one rainy weekend? (After the rugby of course!)

David Fravor - Cmdr Air Wing- USS Nimitz
    https://youtu.be/Eco2s3-0zsQ

Kevin Day- Senior Radar Operator- USS Princeton
    https://youtu.be/_2zRabdvKnw

Gary Voorhis - CEC operator- USS Prinecton
    https://youtu.be/4YhlvUg2yk4

Jason Turner - Petty Officer/supplies- USS Princeton
    https://youtu.be/PnvA5WZ1QV4

Patrick Hughes - Avation Technician - USS Nimitz
    https://youtu.be/kycZgGc-Yec

Ryan Weigelt - Leading Petty Officer - SeaHawk Helicopters - USS Princeton
    https://youtu.be/QawDa0-UlnA

Omar Lara - Flight Decker Air Ops - USS Nimitz,
    https://youtu.be/NEmfjU4U4H8

2009 investigation and testimonies documented in this partially redacted US government (AATIP) report.

Spoilered as 13 images.
    Spoiler:

phew.
  • I hope your throat gets better soon...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You need more than testimonials, no matter how compelling and believable they are, for something that is in the realm of paranormal to even begin to be accepted as anything more than an interesting story. It's why the ww2 dogfights are historical fact but foo fighters aren't, despite hundreds is credible sightings.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's one thing to say something happened.

It's quite another to explain it.

It's probably just in the too hard pile.
  • Hair, reposting everything doesn’t make it any more convincing.

Out of interest, you keep on saying four pilots, but I’ve only seen Fravor give his account. Where are the others?

Video footage doesn’t recreate eyesight, btw.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Hair, reposting everything doesn’t make it any more convincing.

Just putting it together in one place for reference.

Andy wrote:
    Out of interest, you keep on saying four pilots, but I’ve only seen Fravor give his account. Where are the others?

Even the backseat WSO's are pilots, just not doing the flying. He was commanding the other F18 pilot/WSO referenced in the above report. Names are redacted guess they're concerned about stigma.

Andy wrote:

Video footage doesn’t recreate eyesight, btw.

Unsure what you mean, but don't all these accounts at all prick your natural curiosity?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I hope your throat gets better soon...
    Thank you, but it doesn't get me out of decorating the utility room :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!