Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Well, there’s an issue there. If you read through the FOI emails you linked to, while the person filling out the form says that they don’t plan to release the videos to the public, the form itself says that material classed as unclassified is fit to be released to the public.
  • I haven’t read all the stuff behind the links and watched all the vids so this isn’t the most informed take. That’s some equipment failure though, to display the precise thing that two pilots claim they saw at the time.

It’s interesting (to me at least) that we’re still in the X-Files mindset of thinking that the slightest hint of aliens activity is going to be closed down and classified. Why? Do we think that there’s legit evidence of aliens that the US govt is sitting on? If not why are we so sure that any real stuff wouldn’t possibly make its way into the public domain?

Anyway, who knows. I’ve always been able to place stuff into a mental box labelled ‘Unknown’ without causing any discomfort.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I haven’t read all the stuff behind the links and watched all the vids so this isn’t the most informed take. That’s some equipment failure though, to display the precise thing that two pilots claim they saw at the time.

My take is that they were witnessing the failure, ie seeing this through a screen rather than looking at it directly.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    The report doesn't mention radar failure of any kind, on the ships, plane, helicopter and jets which would explain away everything but the human testimonies.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Presumably the report doesn’t mention aliens either, if not being mentioned in the report is grounds for ruling something out.
  • What if it's Cthulhu?
  • Why is footage of this stuff always, always fucking shit?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I feel the same when watching monochrome video of airstrikes. Didn't they have colour in 2004?
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    “This is top, top secret. Need to know basis only. Capiche?”

“Can I release it to the ex-bassist of Blink-182?”

“Sure, why not”

List of personnel cleared for mission Gainsborough, as dictated by General C. H. Melchett: You and me, Darling, obviously. Field Marshal Haig, Field Marshal Haig's wife, all Field Marshal Haig's wife's friends, their families, their families' servants, their families' servants' tennis partners, and some chap I bumped into the mess the other day called Bernard."
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Presumably the report doesn’t mention aliens either, if not being mentioned in the report is grounds for ruling something out.
    It mentions the visual contact, size, speed, manoeuvrability, no visible system of lift or propulsion, instrument jamming, possible cloaking ability, intelligent behaviour, and decryption of classified rendezvous points by the object but not aliens, no.

qy7VkSh.jpg

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    If you rule out what it's not, then you're left with what it could be.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That summary doesn’t rule out equipment failure.
  • Does it rule out the hand of the Chuckle Brothers?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The objects were witnessed moving to me, to you and back again.
  • Let’s not forget that the pilot’s description of a forty-foot object is based on him seeing it from a distance of over two miles.

Of course he’s used what appeared on displays to aide his description. His account is unreliable.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    So after the fortnight work up, off to the Gulf war everyone went, knowing their fifteen billion dollar carrier, support ships, radar planes, helicopters and fighter jets had massive equipment failure at the same time and their aircrew hallucinating, sorry, lying their asses off and didn't think to put it the investigating report five years later? Right-o.
  • We sent people to Iraq with guns that jammed in the desert and body armour that didn't stop bullets, so that actually does sound right to me.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Goobs, they weren't supposed to be released a Pentagon spokesperson said.

'...the videos may have been improperly released by a former Pentagon employee who had applied for permission to share them across several government agencies as part of a database on unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) he was allegedly compiling. The man received permission to share the videos for "[US Government] Use Only," paperwork obtained by The Black Vault shows. However, Navy officials never declassified the footage for public release, Gradisher said.'

https://www.livescience.com/navy-ufo-videos-authentic-classified.html

US government use only is the same as OFFICIAL in the UK. In the UK everything produced by a government employee should be graded official. It is not a secret document. If you lost an official document on public transport very few people would care. If you lost a secret or top secret document on public transport you could quite possibly go to prison.
  • We sent people to Iraq with guns that jammed in the desert and body armour that didn't stop bullets, so that actually does sound right to me.
    Dont forget the fake bomb detectors.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    We sent people to Iraq with guns that jammed in the desert and body armour that didn't stop bullets, so that actually does sound right to me.

Don't forget boots that melted in the heat.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    We sent people to Iraq with guns that jammed in the desert and body armour that didn't stop bullets, so that actually does sound right to me.
    Dont forget the fake bomb detectors.

Nah, that was some conman selling shit to the Iraqis, not us.
  • Ah, I thought was us. Oh well the memory of it gave me a giggle.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The counter IED stuff we had was actually pretty good (20 odd years of dealing with the IRA probably helped).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    So after the fortnight work up, off to the Gulf war everyone went, knowing their fifteen billion dollar carrier, support ships, radar planes, helicopters and fighter jets had massive equipment failure at the same time and their aircrew hallucinating, sorry lying their asses off and didn't think to put it the investigating report five years later? Right-o.

The equipment failure may not have been all that massive, nor that hard to to fix. False positives in sensitive measuring equipment could simply be a calibration issue.

And I’d be amazed if the pilots reported seeing things with their bare eyes at the time, this part feels very much like a later embellishment to me.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Let’s not forget that the pilot’s description of a forty-foot object is based on him seeing it from a distance of over two miles.

Of course he’s used what appeared on displays to aide his description. His account is unreliable.

The report above says 'visual contact from approximately one mile away'. Commander Fravor has repeatedly said they had blues skies, no white caps and 10 mile visibility.

• Let’s put this back the other way, BHD.

They’ve been reading these signals for days (weeks?) beforehand. Why do you think the first time they bother to investigate it is when there are a couple of aircraft kicking about after a training exercise? Why wasn’t it the case that, as multiple craft suddenly appear off the coast of the USA, having apparently descended from space, US aircraft were immediately sent to check it out?

“We’re really worried about these 5-10 craft that keep arriving. What have we done about it? Um...”
  • The report above says 'visual contact from approximately one mile away'. Commander Fravor has repeatedly said they had blues skies, no white caps and 10 mile visibility.

Go and rewatch the Joe Rogan interview. They’re a couple of miles away, and a couple of miles up. They do get a bit closer, but he’s making claims about what he can see from a fucktonne of a distance away.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    He can't see anything at the merge plot. Looks below and see's white water about the size of a 737, tells the wingman to remain at 18k and circles down then they spot the white craft.

Now I'm speculating here, was the unknown the Princeton/Spy plane tracked submerged, and the 46 foot Tic Tac a decoy? Because if so, it did a pretty good job.

• Now I'm speculating here,

Ya don't say.

*safety wink*
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Wink away!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!