Pokéthread
  • Apparently don't transfer them, save them all til you get a lucky egg/incubator, and then you can level up loads at once or something and get loads of XP?
    I'm not sure how it works.
  • Catch everything. Especially the pidgeys and caterpies. They are cheap to evolve. 
    Grab as many as you can bother to grind, then when you have loads pop a lucky egg and evolve the lot, combine it with apokestop that has a lure on it and watch the xp roll in. Sub level 17 you can probably jump a at least two levels if you gather enough evolving fodder.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I caught another Pokemon. I'm now at level 2. Yay!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeay!

Incense and Lure's seem a bit off too for me. I think that if you're in a generally low spawn frequency location then that won't change; I was in my local park sat on a bench with a lure and didn't notice any massive increase in Pokémon or in their CP or rarity. Really annoying TBH, I'd have expected them to be rolling in, otherwise it's just so I don't have to walk about and can be lazy instead.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • People are misunderstanding lures/incense.

You need to still move around when you pop one. It draws pokèmon to your position as you walk. Staying in one place won't make much difference.

Tried it the other day walking round the park and snatched all sorts...
  • Incense gives you about one poke every 5 mins if stationary i think. 
    If you walk around with incense on you get one per 5 mins, plus one per every two hundred yards according to peeps on the webz.
  • Can confirm it's roughly every 200 meters, as me and a pal were using incense today out of sync, and the pokemon were popping up at the 200m intervals.
  • So, I mentioned this in our Overwatch party yesterday. 

Yesterday I had to take my brother to a hospital appointment about 10 miles from home. Rather than have a boredrive back on the M25 I decided to go a more relaxed, rural route. Knew which way I was going so rather than put my sat nav on my phone, I popped Pokemon Go on. The youngest has massively got into it and has been after a Squirtle since missing out on one. 

Anyway, driving sedately, occasionally parking up and getting a few Pokestops and Pokemon, I continued to the summit of Box Hill, where the Olympics cycling race was partly run. Around 8.30am, no-one around so I parked up and found a few Pokemon and Pokestops. Got back in the car and continued to see a few Pokemon as I drove (around 5mph). Stopped, got Pokemon, continued on my way. Did this for the best part of 10 minutes. Then saw a new Pokemon slightly ahead of me, put the hazards on and parked up. Sat on my phone waving it around like a bloody lightsaber. Whilst I'm doing that and getting a few quizzical looks from ramblers, a police car parked about 50 metres up the road. Pretty obvious that either someone had phoned them and said there was a nutcase in shorts and a t-shirt in the carpark getting drenched whilst brandishing their phone and tapping it. Or they'd happened across my somewhat erratic behaviour. 

Anyway, a few minutes later I drive off, Pokemon having been captured. I was then tailed for 4 miles until I got to a bakery near home. Ordered a few coffees and a couple of loafs before I had a tap on the shoulder. "Excuse me Sir, could you explain why you were hanging around the car park at Box Hill? Is everything okay?'

Full volume, in front of the bakery staff that know me fairly well. At which point I then had to explain to 2 Police officers that I'd been trying to locate Pokemon for my son. Queue much befuddlement, shared heads, sniggers and a somewhat tarnished reputation.  Roughly 40 people witnessed this sorry episode and you could have heard a pin drop when the Police were talking to me. 

As I drove off, I could see the 2 Police Officers doubled up with laughter, talking to the bakery staff. Can't wait to go back in there at the weekend.
  • It was just a pidgey ;)
    Can-of-sprite
  • I was doing laps of the neighbourhood last night to get up to level 10 and a wee boy (out with his dad) stuttered and tripped his way through asking me if I had seen any Bulbasaur around. I sadly informed him that I had not. His dad didn't look to pleased that he was being dragged around, but I though it was pretty cool.

I need to level up so I can take out the 2k CP Gyarados that has been installed at the local library. I have a long way to go.
  • Great story Stoph. Either people are well paranoid your way or you looked proper dodgy.

I've trained wife to catch Pokemon whilst I'm driving, I'm nearly out of pokeballs though so I don't think she's as good as she says she is.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Stopharage wrote:
    story

wait, what.

they AREN'T playing pokemon go?

What... what is.. wrong with them?
  • I'm hoping the Feds are catching crims not Bulbosaurs.

• Skade wrote:
    It was just a pidgey ;)

LOL
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Why?
    Why would anyone bother, the fun is in the chase
  • Anyway, I got a Pikachu from an egg, well happy with that.
  • Ugh. Gross.

Unless you're disabled, in which case helpful.
  • I ran away and left my wife in Primark this afternoon because there was a Growlith in the adjacent shopping centre (first time catching one). 
    I came back 5 mins later and she was standing outside Primark with a WTF face.
  • It is impressive to be fair.
  • Ugh. Gross.

Unless you're disabled, in which case helpful.

Fair enough.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I ran away and left my wife in Primark this afternoon because there was a Growlith in the adjacent shopping centre (first time catching one). 
    I came back 5 mins later and she was standing outside Primark with a WTF face.

Growlithe is cool though so....

• No remorse.
  • I think Growl I the and Arrange were the only Pokemon from Red that I was really gutted I couldn't get in Blue. Can't remember what their Blue alternative was.
  • Vulpix and Disorder (Ninetails)
  • Ah yeah. They were a bit girly.
  • Ninetailed foxes are one of the most revered Japanese folk lore spirits for their power and intelligence
  • They can have em. I want a fire tiger.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Ninetailed foxes are one of the most revered Japanese folk lore spirits for their power and intelligence

Also.
    hqdefault.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!