Pokéthread
  • Transfer all but your strongest of each type.
    If a pokemon can evolve save up candy until you have enough to evolve it to it's highest level (e.g Ghastly to Haunter takes 25 candy, Haunter to Gengar takes 50, so wait until you have 75 total before doing anything.).
    For non evolving pokemon just hold onto that top level one then start levelling it up, however advice is not to do this until later on.

The higher level you get the higher a wild pokemon's CP can be, therefore it has done the levelling for you and you arent wasting stardust, the rarest universal commodity. If you hold out on evolving or leveling up pokemon there is a better chance you will have a higher CP as you will be a higher level.
    If you have two pokemon at similar CP check their move set before transfering as one may have better moves than the over that overrides the small CP difference.

That is best advise for getting quality pokemon.

If you want to level faster consider evolving pidgeys and ratatas as they are cheap and will give you 500xp.
  • Just one thing to add to that helpful post, if you want to evolve a ton of pidgeys, weedles and other cheap to evolve things, then save up loads of em, pop an xp boosting egg and go for it!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Caught a Jinx in my bedroom. CP 70 something. Is it worth keeping multiples of the same type or just the strongest ones?

Go on the attack move points thingy. There's a regular and a special attack - just scroll down. These are more important than CP points and transfer the rest. Don't power anything up ever until you reach level 20, when you'll be catching +1000 CP Pokemon under the bed. Then power them up like mental until they're full, then evolve them with all the Pokemon candy you've got from transferring all the one's with weaker attacks.
  • Lol I started powering things up well early until I realised it was a waste.
  • Same.
    It takes a disciplined person to grind up to level 20 without evolving anything.
    I definitely wouldn't level anything up now though.

At the start it was worth adding a few levels to 600-700CP pokemon but now it is pointless, very rare to see a gym held by pokemon under 1000-1200CP
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Cheers Elite 3.
  • I'm really hitting a wall with this now. The lack of tracker is a serious detriment once you've evolved all the common Pokemon in your area. Now i just go out and have this on, rather than going out to get stuff. It sounds like a subtle shift but the enjoyment factor has dropped off a very steep cliff. 
    It's now go to the point where my best bet for getting a unusual (not rare) poke is to hatch one, which is a bit of a gameplay no no in my book. 

I know the dev had been fighting server fires etc.. But the game seriously needs a significant gameplay update, something like a candy exchange shop or another 50 common type Pokemon or something.

I've been playing everyday for about a month!
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • App has literally just updated. Only immediate noticeable difference is that there is now a tuft of grass behind the nearby pokemon.

I wonder if this tuft of grass may shake when you are close?

Also, a jigglypuff is near me, I've never seen one before so possible they have shaken up locations as well.
  • Also it says "Sightings" above nearby pokemon didn't that used to say "Nearby".

Possibility they have changed that device so that it requires trainers to stumble upon pokemon before they appear? Perhaps the more that stumble across them the more obvious the location becomes?
  • Fingers crossed. 
    I always thought at the beginning that when you saw a little tumble of green leaves you were meant to go over and have a look but it never seemed to produce anything, it would be nice if that is now a feature but a tuft instead.
  • Gargh. It doesnt look like it is. 
    Some users are apparently in a test version of the tracker that will actually show you if a Pokemon is near a certain stop, you can then go and get it. A bit like a mini, local version of pokevision. 
    It's welcome in the short term but not a solution imo. 
    Just bring back the fucking original tracker but code it so it's less taxing on the servers.
  • I completed Pokemon White 2 yesterday, just clearing up some post game stuff and then onto Pokemon heartgold (which I can't wait for, heard it's the best). Then only diamond left to finish.

I love these games, but had a hard time getting into Pokemon go. Tried it for a week, and I understand why it's so popular, and it's really cool, but it's really not my cup of tea.

Also am worried at what they're showing for sun and moon. A lot of the new Pokemon look garbage...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Pokemon heartgold (which I can't wait for, heard it's the best).

I didn't get as grabbed by Soul Silver as I did X. The general gist I get from 'pokemaniacs' is that Platinum is The Best™.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Some Chinaman just stole my leg/gym in Partick. Fucking slow WiFi bollocks.

Didn't realise what thread I'd clicked this as the opening new post made me piss myself when i realised why i was so confused

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I've not seen this reported in any of the main games sites but I just found out totally by accident that you can recall a thrown ball by rotating your finger counter clockwise after you've thrown the ball. It even works with balls that have hit the Pokemon.
  • What, you can recall a ball even if you hit a Pokemon with it? So doing that means you never run out?!
  • Just tried it by missing a couple of shots, it still counts down the number of balls for me.
  • Is zooming back to my finger when i do it. I must admit i can't see the counter as my fingers in the way!
  • There is now a pokemon which is a Ghost sandcastle made of sand and the grudges of dead pokemon. It has a shovel in it's head that it uses to possess children.

• -4.55pm Friday : a boardroom at nintendos office

"Look, we need one more Pokemon to finish the weekly quota, I just wanna send it down to the artists so it can be ready for Monday"

"Anyone got any more ideas?!"

"How about a... Hmmm... A sand... Castle??"

"Done. Pub?"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 11:55 am Monday: a boardroom at Nintendo's office

"What the hell were we thinking on Friday. How are we going to make a sand castle interesting?"

"The art team has already had sign off on the design"

" fuck it, say it is a ghost"

" that can posess children using..."

" the shovel in its head?"

"Perfect. Let's get lunch"
  • On the way home from the pub and I get into an altercation with a couple of grown men telling a teen Goth guy he was a prick for doing this. He was rightfully just ignoring them but I got riled and got involved. He's sloped off with not so much as a thank you, which is fine, and now I'm here typing this and they're a mere three metres away and unsure whether to kick my head in.
  • And after a brief exchange of words they've fucked off. Always stand my ground, me. 40 odd year olds picking on a kid. Twats.
  • Seriously that kind of shit winds me up, the gut reaction that if someone is playing something they haven't heard of they must be an idiot. In fact it's a pretty universal and light game. Guess the kid was too embarrassed or scared to say anything.

I've come to the conclusion that all my time is spent in areas with no pokestops, so unless I out a plaque on my house and turn it into a pokestops I'll never get beyond level 17.

I wonder what I can put on the plaque...
  • Billy wrote:

I wonder what I can put on the plaque...

"Your mum was 'ere, every Friday night!"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    There are two accepted methods for making a new Pokeyman:

1) Pick a random inanimate object. Give it a face and say it's a ghost type.

2) Pick a random animal. Draw it wrong. Misspell its name.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • And after a brief exchange of words they've fucked off. Always stand my ground, me. 40 odd year olds picking on a kid. Twats.

Well done for shaming those tossers, that kind of behaviour is not acceptable for anyone let alone a bunch of grown men who should know fucking better.

I know he didn't say anything, but I'm sure he was really grateful you stepped in. Just a bit scared and shocked.
  • Did anyone get a plus? I ordered it and cancelled to late and so I got it.

It's pretty fun walking round a town centre with it on just clicking when the thing vibrates.
  • Also I swapped my moon pre order for sun. I think I'd prefer to play a daytime Pokemon game rather than night time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!