Pokéthread
  • I bought silver a year early in Dubai but it was some awful glitched romhack shite that didn't work at all. It started the game with you getting an egg and went borked mess after that.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I played Soul Silver, SS/HG was a bit of a hit at uni. Like most Pokemon games, though, I didn't beat it - the Elite Four kept eating me for lunch and I couldn't be bothered grinding.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • That's a shame as Kanto (the Red/Blue) area opens up after them. Including all 8 gyms to beat.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    I played Soul Silver, SS/HG was a bit of a hit at uni. Like most Pokemon games, though, I didn't beat it - the Elite Four kept eating me for lunch and I couldn't be bothered grinding.
    Not a problem you'd have with Sun/Moon, it's pretty easy so far, I'm on the third island and not had too much of an issue yet. but that's a good thing to me, encourages progression and puts the emphasis back on catching them all.

I've racked up 27 hours so far and feel this si the best main game in the series for a long time, first one to have me genuinely hooked since Ruby.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • That's a shame as Kanto (the Red/Blue) area opens up after them. Including all 8 gyms to beat.

Fake Kanto. Everything is shut down!

Fake Kanto. Everything is shut down!

Brexit Kanto
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    If everything is shut down, then it's presumably post-Brexit Kanto.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Tell the to the Veridian City branch of BHS.
  • I luckily bought HG a couple of months before pokemon go came out. It was still 30 odd quid mind, but was the only game missing from my collection. I got a few gyms in before moving to Sun, definitely looking forward to going back to it.

Why don't all games have the pokemon up front follow you about? I love that detail in SS/HG. I want a massive wailord following me around!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    How are people getting on with this? Couldn't hammer it on release due to real-life and FFXV putting pressures on my time but I'm back on it now and nearing the end of the third island.

Did anyone get Moon?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    How are people getting on with this? Couldn't hammer it on release due to real-life and FFXV putting pressures on my time but I'm back on it now and nearing the end of the third island. Did anyone get Moon?
    I love it, more so than any previous game in the series, maybe due to little else grabbing me this year or maybe it is such a refined and definitive version of the game now?

I got Sun, the Wife got Moon (she stole my New 3DS so I went and bought a 2DS, ugh the loading and framerate drops are true).  About 35 hours in, 102 in the Pokedex and about half way through the third island.

It's the little touches, the mentions of the games' islands, the Pelago area, the way certain Pokemon act when doing the refresh bits, such as my Arcanine who does this cute little peak around the bottom screen before jumping into full view.

Wonderful stuff.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • Yeah really enjoying it, just find myself in the early grind still as I find a new mon to take with me. ribombee is also my new fave

Edit: also sun.
  • I went sun too.

My current team is

Ice Vulpix
    Final evo owl
    Horse
    Pikaghost
    Magnezone
    Salazzle

I'm currently grinding for a shiny jangmoo (this gens dragonite). Kind of need to drop one of vulpix, owl and pikaghost because the type coverage is imbalanced (vulpix is fairy ice, owl is ghost grass and pika is ghost fairy).

Pika has a really interesting ability but ice vulpix is a lock and double fairy sounds a waste. The grass is really useful due to lack of water poke.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Did anyone get Moon?

I'm seeing a lot of people with Sun. Shall I get Moon and pimp out my ultra valuable version exclusives?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have MOON
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mrs reg bought sun
  • I think the opposite clock day/night cycle might have put people off Moon. I suppose you could just set your system clock forward 12 hours but it does feel a bit silly that playing at night shows the game in day time, and vice versa. If you can only exclusively play after 6pm then Moon would be great, as it's definitely a game that should be played during the day (seeing people on the beach getting tanned during the night is kinda weird).
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Was supposed to get Moon, but decided to finish Omega Sapphire first. Did that, now trying to catch Deoxys (need to beat the elite four again). While doing that I found a list on Kotaku.com of the available legendary's in OS. The need to catch as many of those possible might be bigger than jumping into a new game right now, and even when Moon looks this charming, I might hold off for a bit.
  • I got Moon. First Pokémon game since the original Blue.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Dammit, dan and reg ruin my plans to ransom off Moon exclusives.
  • OK - so I would very much like to have a Hitmonchan in my party in Moon, but after doing some digging online, the only way I can get one is via trade with someone online via it having come from one of the previous games

With that in mind, does anyone here know of a way I can get one in my game?
  • danclarke wrote:
    OK - so I would very much like to have a Hitmonchan in my party in Moon, but after doing some digging online, the only way I can get one is via trade with someone online via it having come from one of the previous games With that in mind, does anyone here know of a way I can get one in my game?

Give the GTS a try.  If you go to the Festival Plaza, choose GTS, you can then specify which Pokemon you want, if it doesn't appear in the list of seen/caught you can choose "which pokemon" and type it's name in.

I've managed to get several previous starters and the other SM ones like this, as well as a few other random ones.  

This is easily my GOTY, although I'm annoyed it doesn't have the National Pokedex, hope that's something they can patch in one day once Bank is updated.

Currently at 70 hours played (whoops), with 192 in the 'Dex.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • I was in CEX earlier and heard a kid saying something like "I don't want that one, everyone says the other one is better".

Glanced over and saw there was stacks of Moon but no Sun at all.

Seems the night/day thing hasn't proved all that popular.
    Of course the smart kid would buy Moon and rinse friends with trades.
  • Weirdly you'd think for most Moon would be ideal as people have school/work
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've been wondertrading like crazy. People put all sorts of madness up there. Highlight has been getting both of the other two starters so I now have a set of lads to develop.

About to take on the elite 4 so approaching endgame
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also M O O N B O Y S
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Weirdly you'd think for most Moon would be ideal as people have school/work

Weekends, innit.

What does it count as day/night, though? If "night" is post 5pm, then I'd go for Moon, but if it only counts as the hours of darkness between 10pm and 6am or summat, I'd go Sun.
  • True, I am not sure when it splits.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's 12 hours ahead of 3DS clock.
  • Endgame spoilerific 
    Spoiler:
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!