GOTY 2012 - The Walking Dead
  • Dishonoured, Halo 4 due round the corner, Far Cry 3 still upcoming, no?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yep, exactly. Plenty yet to come, this year is a late bloomer
  • I'd be interested to know how many people have played through The Walking Dead up to this point and wouldn't put it on their list.
  • OH gotta give a bit of notice to Lego Batman 2. Ridiculous fun and Lego Superman flying to Donner movie theme. GOOD
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • When's console Prepare To Die, the 24th?
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I'd be interested to know how many people have played through The Walking Dead up to this point and wouldn't put it on their list.

Episode 1 got an Edge 6 so I didn't bother with it. Should I play it? I note that later episodes got better scores on Metacritic.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I usually agree with Edge scores but not that one, although it's difficult to individually score different episodes. I played the first three in quick succession so maybe that made a difference.

Buy the first two at the same time for 800 points and you'll be hooked.
  • Walking Dead is on my list, probably will be number 1. Think Dishonored will be on there too. Mass Effect 3 for sure. Haven't actually played that many games this year really but think the next couple of weeks will be bumper.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Trials Evo.
  • Brooks wrote:
    When's console Prepare To Die, the 24th?

Yah. Satanville gets it on the 23rd.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    theres still far cry 3, hitman absolution, dark souls dlc, unfinished swan and a few others to come yet.
    thread might be a bit premature.

so far its battlefield 3 and resi 6 gets a place but it might be 5th.
    oh and journey and tokyo jungle might figure.

think this has been my most disapointing game year in ages.
    sleeping dogs, skyrim and so many others disapointed.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'd say SotD for me too

SotD was 2011, otherwise I'd be backing you up on this (definitely my game of 2011, deal with it).

Think the only game I've bought that was out in 2012 was Max Payne 3, so that gets it by default (PES2013 - no way, no how).

Sleeping Dogs? Future Soldier? Spec Ops: The Line? SSX? All out this year and with fairly decent public reception, I haven't played any of them....
  • @loxdog: reg was asking which was the best game from last year you only caught up on this year, to Chet suggest SotD

@Davie: It's not that premature as most of those games are out soon, the last this year will be Far Cry 3 at the end of November.

Plenty of chance to talk about stuff between then, as we do.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It's Journey, of course.
    Get schwifty.
  • Unless you don't own a PS3
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    true enough tempy, im just hoping fc3 will be g.o.t.y. for me.

@loxdog:
    Sleeping Dogs? Future Soldier? Spec Ops: The Line? SSX? All out this year and with fairly decent public reception, I haven't played any of them....
    they all were mildly disapointing.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    I'd be interested to know how many people have played through The Walking Dead up to this point and wouldn't put it on their list.
    It couldn't have been any better for me, much better than I thought it was going to be.

MattyJ wrote:
    Walking Dead is on my list, probably will be number 1. Think Dishonored will be on there too. Mass Effect 3 for sure. Haven't actually played that many games this year really but think the next couple of weeks will be bumper.
    It's my GotY fo' sho'. There isn't anything that it does particularly well from a gameplay point of view and there even things that irk but just for the story alone it pisses all over everything else.

What did EDGE give this?

I tried ICO earlier this year and didn't like it, apparently the reason it resonates so well with other people is the bond you make with the ghost girl, well for all of you that thought ICO was the second coming of Christ for this reason you must play The Walking Dead.
  • RaginScotsman
    Show networks
    PSN
    Psychoboy1
    Steam
    RaginScotsman

Send message
    Holding off for Hitman but Dishonored and XCom seem to be in my top 5 already with Dishonored at numero uno. Was it a fairly bland year or is it just my crummy memory?
  • Think they gave the first ep a 6. Would like them to review the entire collection when it comes out on disc and see what they make of it. Got the makings of a classic Edge 7 though.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Walking Dead completely passed me by, as I didn't really enjoy the TV show. What exactly is it?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Walking Dead completely passed me by, as I didn't really enjoy the TV show. What exactly is it?
    A point 'n' click lite that is absolutely driven by its characters. The zombie threat is there but by no means the main focus, this is reserved for the relationship of the main protagonist (Lee Everett) and the relationship he has with a child (Clementine) that he meets early in the game.

It's not a game for everybody but in a field absolutely saturated with shooting games it is a refreshing change to see something of its ilk appear on a console.
  • RaginScotsman
    Show networks
    PSN
    Psychoboy1
    Steam
    RaginScotsman

Send message
    The Walking Dead game is better than anything in the TV show so I wouldn't let that put you off Gav. Its certainly in my top 5.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Unless you don't own a PS3

But I do.
    Get schwifty.
  • I played the Walking Dead Demo and really liked it, but won't get any of the episodes until they're all released so I can enjoy on my own schedule.

I'm pretty sure Mass Effect 3 will be my GOTY. That and NSS are the only games released this year that I've bought. I've been catching up with older games, although I will probably pick up Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, XCOM and the previously mentioned Walking Dead before the year is out.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • My big hopes are yet to come. Fingers crossed halo will walk it and that nfs picks up from where HP left off.

I dont think ive bought anything this year, apart from arcade stuff and none of that has particularly impressed me (i liked that recent ninja one, but far from goty). Trials is still amazing.

Shit year?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Please let Hitman be awesome.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    But I do.

Ya but I don't, your post was phrased as if it was the unequivocable answer
  • Beano was playing Journey when I went to see him in September. It's the closest I've come to wanting to buy a PS3, which speaks volumes about it's quality. To me at least.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    But I do.
    Ya but I don't, your post was phrased as if it was the unequivocable answer

No it wasn't.
    Get schwifty.
  • Tempy wrote:
    @loxdog: reg was asking which was the best game from last year you only caught up on this year, to Chet suggest SotD @Davie: It's not that premature as most of those games are out soon, the last this year will be Far Cry 3 at the end of November. Plenty of chance to talk about stuff between then, as we do.

sheeyat, totally missed that one. 
    daviedigi wrote:
    true enough tempy, im just hoping fc3 will be g.o.t.y. for me. @loxdog: Sleeping Dogs? Future Soldier? Spec Ops: The Line? SSX? All out this year and with fairly decent public reception, I haven't played any of them.... they all were mildly disapointing.

Boo :( I fancy a play on them all, especially SSX. Got 100% completion on SSX Tricky, don't even want to talk about how long that took me...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!