Xbox Live Hits 10
  • Webbins wrote:
    L4D, how it went from hottest ticket to bad AIDS just like that still escapes me. Surely it wasn't solely the doing of the too soon sequel? Split fanbase, netcode, exploits?

The ordeal of getting 8 fucking people into ONE lobby was a shit. When it happened it was great, but people saying "be on at 7:30" and you're still waiting at 8 for them did not make for the greatest of times. A campaign or Vs was also pretty intense and often around an hour long so it was quite demanding for a lot of folk.

Beyond that, lack of support from Valve, reluctance to patch out game breaking exploits like the generator at the top of No Mercy that could be shoved to block the lift etc pretty much killed it. People didn't warm to L4D2 really, which is a shame as it's a stunning game and there are plenty of improvements in it which make the MP a lot more fun. Also, Hard Rain. Jesus. What a level.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I have never played L4D.
  • I still think it was an experience that getting better at didn't really improve. The messier and more chaotic it was, the more fun it was. Obviously nothing the matter with learning the maps and the exploits and trying to win, but it wasn't the same.
  • I disagree slightly, it was great getting better if you were on the team that were getting better. Getting absolutely pummeled for 8 straight rounds in your typical Versus match was the most frustrating thing I've come across in an online game. 

It was always better when the teams were even and shenanigans were going off on either side, so that it felt like a struggle to win on either team, and that could be a tough balance to strike; chaos could quickly become an absolute pasting with a single wrong move.
  • Aye the arranging of lobbies was a ball scratch, maybe not at first though, always remember it was turn up on time or miss out.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • L4D2 came out too soon. Really should've waited another year for it, or release it all as DLC.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Reg4Dead. If I'm pushed I'd maybe say it was actually my favourite game of last gen.
  • I agree that it came too soon. Sort of killed the population, on console at any rate.
  • I was there in the beginning of XBOX Live. All those years ago. The first (and only) game I really got into was Project Gotham 2 on the original XBOX. It was the first time I really got a taste for racing against real opponents. I've missed that feeling ever since.
  • Who was in that game of L4D where we took out the survivors before they even got through the first doorway? On the first mission? Jesus, that game was amazing when it worked.

L4D2 ruined everything.
  • Halo 2.

Rape.

That is all.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Who was in that game of L4D where we took out the survivors before they even got through the first doorway? On the first mission? Jesus, that game was amazing when it worked. L4D2 ruined everything.

Not sure if it's the same, but I was there for one on the train bit. I took down 3 different people with a hunter, as whenever they knocked me off, I went tumbling down a little hill out of shot. So when they attempted to revive, I came back up and took another down, rinse and repeat. A couple of times I assumed I was dead before realising otherwise and jumping back into it. One of the funniest nights I've had on Live.
  • I've decimated a handful of teams on the roof at the very start of No Mercy.

L4D2 is still the nuts on PC.
  • Hulka T wrote:
    How did you manage to delete everyone?
    A fit of pique.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Interesting e-mail from Microsoft today with some factettes for me:

In the past year, I've accumulated a whopping 644 hours of multiplayer gaming.
    I've used entertainment apps for 14 hours.
    I have 92 friends on XBL (not so interesting that one)

Anyone get the same e-mail? They should do more stat-based stuff like that IMO.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    306 hours MP

257 hours on entertainment apps

Pretty sure that must be a mistake. I've done way more than 306 hours, and can't have done that long on entertainment.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    190 multi 106 entertainment

It's only stats from Reward scheme members not everyone.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My 306 must be wrong if a PC defector can still rack up 190.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    202 multi, 114 entertainment. Which I don't believe for a second.
  • I only received one for an old unused account. Zeros all round. Still made me feel a little lonely though...*sniff*
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Thinking about it, I've done a lot more co-op this year than anything, so maybe that doesn't count.
  • I only had 40 online apparently, I have played Halo 4 for 17 on MP and about 4 on campaign and Spops. Completed Gears 3 online in CO-OP and put in a load of hours of MP. Plus Halo 3 and all sorts of other gumpf.

It isn't counted from the point you signed up to 'rewards' is it?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If love to know where they've got the entertainment number from, as barring the odd match on the Sky app, I don't really use anything.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    26 hours multi (mainly Trials Evo), 101 entertainment, 100 friends.
  • 114 hours MP apparently, not too bad considering the little un. Also apparently I've spent 6 hours using entertainment apps, I'm sure I've watched more content on LoveFilm than that.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • 314 hours of MP and 76 hours using apps.  Feels like MP should be more, Christ knows where they got the 76 for entertainment, barely use Netflix and don't bother with the other guff at all.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I cry borked. There's not even 257 hours of stuff on Netflix worth watching. 

The only thing I can put it down to is my wife lazing about watching Sky all afternoon every Thursday when she works a half day, but Elliot is in nursery for a full one. 

WAIT A MINUTE.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    There's not even 257 hours of stuff on Netflix worth watching.
    Ain't that the truth.  Watched 21 Jump Street t'other night after I got an email saying it had appeared, thought it strange to shout about one film but it is literally the only new film that has appeared in the last six months.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've played 19 hours of online. Wow.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    There's not even 257 hours of stuff on Netflix worth watching.
    Ain't that the truth.  Watched 21 Jump Street t'other night after I got an email saying it had appeared, thought it strange to shout about one film but it is literally the only new film that has appeared in the last six months.

I'm wondering about either adding or swapping to LoveFilm. I've head their HD stream is a bit shit though whereas the Netflix one is super.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!