The last 48 hours.
  • I post quite regularly but I had absolutely no idea any of this was going on.  I've never opened the mental health or technology threads before this evening.  Anything else I could have added has already been said by various people in the last couple of pages, so I'll just offer a get well soon to Ellie.
  • google wrote:
    Bullshit. This is one of the friendliest, healthiest and most heart warming forums I've ever run into. From the childsplay thread to the various assistance many of us have received publicly or privately with all manner of personal topics. The fact that we're able to have a topic like this without it developing into a massive ego spat speaks volumes. There will be times when we step over the line. We may have a bad day and take It out on the forum. We may just not like someone. But very rarely do we see any real nastiness. If we're bringing real life into this, let's remember Andy is a policeman. He's no doubt been involved in assaults, potential threats on his life and other nastiness in service to his community. Do we suddenly forget that because he may or may not have said something inappropriate on a Thursday evening with his mates? My point is, this whole subject is not cool. Andy is a good bloke with a good heart. This forum had form for overly critical behaviour in the past so if someone stepped over the line today it's something we all need to take responsibility for.

You misunderstand. My point is in response to the idea that someone's consistency in being belligerent, argumentative or what have you is not a plus in the column when it comes to an instance like this. It does not make it more excusable. I do not know Andy, but he has taken enough exception to people that I do know - in a similar condescending tone - as of recently for me to not be surprised that someone was maybe a bit upset. If you insist on talking to people like that, don't be fucking surprised if it becomes a problem.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Shall I stop talking about people as though they're not here?
  • I don't understand why you'd be worried about hurt feelings. This is all in good humour.
  • I don't really like calling people by their first names, but if truth-girl girlfriend girl is going to stick around, then I suspect (although i might be totally wrong!) in light of this thread she won't want preferential treatment because of whatever else is going on in her life. If anything, hopefully this thread serves as a small reminder that nothing's personal here. Or at least I hope it's not. That's the way i tend to interpret stuff when people get bitchy.
  • I don't understand why you'd be worried about hurt feelings. This is all in good humour.

Not sure why you're being a dick with me, chet. What have I done that's upset you?
  • Nothing you've done Google, I just think you're downplaying this as some chummy arsery when it's a little more than that.
  • You want my honest opinion?

This whole thing smells incredibly self serving and it's splitting a community. I don't like it one bit.
  • The more we talk about this, the bigger deal it becomes? The bigger deal it becomes, the worse it gets?
  • Go to bed everyone. In the uk anyway
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Gonzo wrote:
    andy's quick to anger, but honestly, he probably expressed something we all thought. I also thought "drama queen", in the corner of my mind. Erm, having said that, what did he post?
    To think things about a person and immediately feel that you 1) have an immediate need to communicate this to the person and 2) that the person should not only not be angry, but be happy that you are taking time out to put them straight is not really honesty. It swings between being rude and cruel, hopefully hitting funny along the way.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    andy's quick to anger, but honestly, he probably expressed something we all thought. I also thought "drama queen", in the corner of my omind. Erm, having said that, what did he post?
    To think things about a person and immediately feel that you 1) have an immediate need to communicate this to the person and 2) that the person should not only not be angry, but be happy that you are taking time out to put them straight is not really honesty. It swings between being rude and cruel, hopefully hitting funny along the way.

Similarly, there's no need to actually listen to a word anyone on a fucking Internet forum says to you.
  • Now that's just disingenuous.
  • Whilst I thought Andy was being particularly Andy in the tech thread, I kind of agree that it's a bit much to expect him to know the condition of someone. I'd not been on the mental health thread in a good old while, and so I had no idea about any of this either.

Regardless of that though, as my introduction to her was as the funny lass who's about as good as me at Halo and not as a cleavage shot I didn't really even factor that into my opinion of her. I like her and hope she sticks around here and pops up for Halols.
  • Just caught up on the mental health thread.
    Dante has just written my exact thoughts.

Stay strong turkey ham and Fenton.
  • Now that's just disingenuous.

Its fucking true though. I don't disagree with your points, chet. My issue is with this thread and the running commentary.

• Ultimately Google, why be bothered by anything anybody says? We're human, this is a tight knit community and it is important to us. We are most of us friends. When someone is invited into the community, it is not as if we're some random internet comment generator. We know each other and this isn't the same thing as a Youtube commenter.
  • Agreed and point made.

Still don't like this thread.
  • Why Google? Pretty much everyone else is feeling better and clearer now this is all out in the open. "Splitting the community" is a bit harsh.

I was very clear not to mention anyone by name (which would be hypocritical I should think) and when Andy reads all this I would hope that he doesn't read what I wrote as a veiled attack on him specifically, because it's certainly not.
  • Google.
    You are my favourite person to argue with on here. I like you but when we disagree it feels like a proper, honorable duel.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Can we all go to bed now please?
    The janitor.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    After all appropriate make-up hugs have been dispensed, of course. In the case of Google, I think he needs someone to be big spoon tonight, just to put him at ease.
    The janitor.
  • I would totally hug all you guys. I would hug you so. fucking. hard.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    I'll take your hug over Peteys spooning for sure.
  • How about a Fentonizer hug and Petey spoon sandwich, nana?
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    How about a Fentonizer hug and Petey spoon sandwich, nana?

Suddenly 'handsofblue' makes sense.
  • Did you like my gifs, you must have least liked the ladder dagger?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Well, this thread ends up in a different place to where it started.

Er, the mental health thread remains open, should anyone need it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    your all too clever with your degrees and stuff....snobs! ;)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!