The last 48 hours.
  • Jealous aye?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • A little. Everyone talks about everyone else. Where the fuck is my love?
  • Post a photo of yourself ..
    Or create a thread about something that had happened to you?

That might get you some attention..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Again, not sure why you're getting on at me. I posted a thread about a traumatic thing that happened to me.

Would you prefer I didn't, revel?
  • Do what you like.

If you think im getting on at you, you are very wrong.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    I don't think I'd ever tire of punching you Andy.
    Nor you or your ego, you pointless waste of skin.
      A much more flagrant breach of the sole forum rule than anything adkm posted in the thread in question. I await the oft-promised hordes of self-policing forumites to come out and say something, or express some sort of distaste.  Anyone? No? Still?  I wonder how long this thread would have been if it was someone like this who objected to some of trut's posts rather than Adkm.
    Oh come on mate, you posted like an hour after. My first thought on reading it, a minute or two ago was 'Why the fuck is Lawro being a dick'. You get on my tits with this moderation stuff.

I was sleeping. 

And I'm with dante a bit. While remembering chumps good post about the problem with treating posters as "X just being X" it is still worth taking into consideration who is saying what to who. I'd prefer if Lawro didnt say shit like the above, but I also reckon googs and adkm can deal with it, and not turn it into a shitfight. Now if lawro kept at it, for instance, with follow up posts of a similar ilk, we might need to say something, but other than that, everyone just let it  slide and on we go. It does make a difference who is on the receiving end.
    Mental health is not a get out of jail free card that can be waved as it was in that thread.  It is not helpful to anyone to tiptoe around someone with depression, or someone who is suicidal, and forgive their every indiscretion.  If you don't like what I'm saying, tough.

What rankles me most about this is not Ellie's reaction, though.  She came breenging into the forum with several distasteful posts in a few threads, but it's nothing worse than we've seen before, and where I have challenged her there has been, in all honesty, nothing much to it.  What leaves a nasty taste in my mouth is the way the forum has reacted to it.  I don't know if it's because she's a girl and you're on her like flies on shit, or if it's some misguided notion that encouraging or applauding the behaviour is better than challenging it, but it's been a sight to behold.

adkm, without having read through all of the thread in question, I only really have a quibble/question about the above. I'm not out of sympathy with what you're saying about mental health not being a free pass, but it strikes me that a combo of your slightly abrasive style and ellie being new has made the "challenge" method a little bit of a problem.

NB - my 2p:
    We should cut n00bs some slack til we know them better.
    I wasn't posting in the welcome thread and wasn't even reading that tech thread as I had no interest. Would chat to the new punter on the forum when they're in one of the threads I have an interest. What half baked conclusions I can draw about a person after a few posts is meaningless til they've been around a while - people relax and act differently once they've settled in and adjusted to the climate. Would hope I wouldnt reach for the bag of pedantic argument so quickly, would certainly hope that I'm not so invested in proving myself right that I'd reach for the heavier bag of personal insults.

Appeals to "tradition" are bullshit - akin to a warning page after registering that says "welcome to the B&B! please be warned that we are dickheads".
    Saying "adkm was just being adkm" is short for "adkm is often a dick, but we already know this and temper our expectations of him and his behaviour with the benefit of familiarity". And really, he did take it to personal insults - something he's been on the receiving end of before and rightly complained about, so he should fucking know better, especially as he was dishing it out to someone who had only just joined.

Cut n00bs some slack - if you're so personally-invested in the forum and being correct all the time that you can't just ignore posts/threads/a forumite and you're getting abusive towards someone you don't really have the first clue about, then fuck me you need to reassess a few things.
    I don't know that andy's a dick, but the priniciple of this is sound. Cut noobs some slack, and don't necessarily let regs off for being regs.

Anyhoo.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • google wrote:
    A little. Everyone talks about everyone else. Where the fuck is my love?
    google wrote:
    Again, not sure why you're getting on at me. I posted a thread about a traumatic thing that happened to me.

Would you prefer I didn't, revel?

thought you were being ironic tbh, hence my post. Though feel free to drag me into further banter. I mean no ill will.
  • All I can say, as I did to Fents on Twitter, is pass on my regards and hopes that things get better quickly. And the same to Truth, who I barely know other than Halo (where we are nicely evenly matched. Put a noob on each team innit) - time is a healer, true fact.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Cut noobs some slack, and don't necessarily let regs off for being regs. Anyhoo.

It's the CAPITAL LETTERS ALL THE TIME ISN'T IT?  I can't be bothered with him either at times but I'm sure I'd upset folk if I voiced my opinion.

Wait, did I mis-read your post?
  • lols. 

NEVA FORGET REG.
  • I am breathing at this thread.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Continuation of the Face:

adkm1979 wrote:
    I don't know if it's because she's a girl and you're on her like flies on shit

There it is again. Trust our maturity before surmising. I'd be disappointed if I thought that was true. I don't.

I read her suicidal talk in the MH thread - a familiar subject to me, and then saw Skerret's mention of the closed thread. Moseyed on over, and at first it was all harmlessly Backgate, but then you apparently instigated an argument Ellie wouldn't let go. No-one's claiming you were factually wrong (I dunno if you were; don't care), but try to understand how it looked from my point of view.

It's not about right, wrong or gender: it's about ragging on a new poster with defence thus:

If you don't like what I'm saying, tough.

It doesn't have to be that way, does it? Really? I've no clear opinion of Ellie either way yet, but she might be vulnerable, and even if not - even if you won't make concessions for MH (I'm not telling you to kid-gloves anyone), it was a facepalmy outbreak with most of the firepower on your side.

You have a long history of being a nice guy with these occasional swerves. There's no need to apologise to anyone, I just hope it won't happen again. God thread, Current Affairs, Heavy Other Wotsits...

But please not animosity over the exactitude of grades. And sorry for my pompousness here, but it's crept in behind my efforts to define my point, and it's a point I wanted to make.

Brooks wrote:
    I am next to some cheerleaders. I think they are called The Jaguars.

Instant Shining Wizard? (Tekken-related wimminz joke, Muse.)

You get on my tits with this moderation stuff.

It is an oft-repeated bugbear of yours, Elm. (Bugbears, everyone.)

google wrote:
    Where the fuck is my love?

Can you catch deer, raccoons or black bears? Or lay decking?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    google wrote:
    A little. Everyone talks about everyone else. Where the fuck is my love?

You know what Googs? Back on the oldrum you used to wind me up a fair bit with your argumentative nature (it clashed with mine) and your arch-capitalist arguments that you seemed to wheel out in response to everything.

Since we've been here, I've seen a very different side to you which seems far more generous and compassionate than what I had been used to. There have also been a few moments where you've dealt with contentious situations admirably well and prevented them from escalating any further.

In the space of seven-odd years I've seen you transform from Gordon Gekko to someone closer to Ghandi, and if a few more people (myself included) were more able to take the high road a bit more often as you now do, this'd be a far more pleasant place to be.

Now, c'mere and gimme a hug.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Okay, fine, Ghandi's probably pushing it, but it was the best I could manage in my pre-coffee state. And the sentiment remains.
  • JonB wrote:
    Gordon Ghandi.

lols.

I suspect there's an element of people growing old, and also having kids. Makes a big difference to perspective, it seems.
  • Are new posts not bumping this thread? Not that I care; that's awesome functionality.

Edit: Yup, looks like it. Sage goes in all fields.
  • "Oh, fuck, adkm's posting in that thread again..."

Oh come on mate, you posted like an hour after. My first thought on reading it, a minute or two ago was 'Why the fuck is Lawro being a dick'. You get on my tits with this moderation stuff.
    In fairness, we can't see it now, but it seemed like the thread was rattling on and then nothing.  Maybe coincidence, but I can see how it looked to Elm.

@Facewon:  I know how some members will react to this coming from me, but I'll say it anyway: it's not reassuring to know that Lawro's consistent nastiness will go unchecked as long as he spreads it out a bit, and only directs it at regulars.  This place is a joke at times, it really is.
  • Andy, while I agree with quite a lot of what you said, it's the sheer callousness of the delivery I have an issue with. You were caught out being a fanny, again, and this is how you choose to respond to the girl, who's obviously in distress. I'm not a bully or a cunt, you are. I choose to bully you because you deserve it, I never poke anyone who doesn't have it coming. If I were you, I'd refrain from complaining about being bullied in future, because we all know you'd only go to Twitter in another attention seeking cry for help when you get it back at you. You're the cunt. Adjust your cuntish behaviours accordingly. Or fuck off, because frankly, you offer fuck all. Not even slightly. By your reactions and your behaviour over the years since you joined, I actually think you're quite a dangerous, cretinous, painfully unfunny, angry little character who doesn't deserve to be here. And I know I am not alone in this assessment of you, and some more worthy forumers have left citing you as one of the reasons. Be a man.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Steady on, Lawro. You started at the top of the hill and rolled down it there.
  • Little aggressors shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it.
  • Andy, while I agree with quite a lot of what you said, it's the sheer callousness of the delivery I have an issue with. You were caught out being a fanny, again, and this is how you choose to respond to the girl, who's obviously in distress. I'm not a bully or a cunt, you are. I choose to bully you because you deserve it, I never poke anyone who doesn't have it coming. If I were you, I'd refrain from complaining about being bullied in future, because we all know you'd only go to Twitter in another attention seeking cry for help when you get it back at you. You're the cunt. Adjust your cuntish behaviours accordingly. Or fuck off, because frankly, you offer fuck all. Not even slightly. By your reactions and your behaviour over the years I actually think you're quite a dangerous, cretinous, painfully unfunny, angry little character who doesn't deserve to be here. And I know I am not alone in this assessment of you. Be a man.

No idea where to even start with this. It's like g.man accusing someone of being a cameraman.

Vile, deluded, poisonous.
  • What the fuck? I guess some people need to be loved by complete strangers and have spazfits when someone doesn't. I don't like you Tiger, you're as bland as the day's long. I'd never seek an IRL meet up. I have never pretended otherwise, but I never point anything in your direction unless in response. I just choose to ignore you. Yet you constantly chip in with your distorted opinion of me should the opportunity arise (usually when it's clear you've got back up). I'd ask you not to bother in future. What you think doesn't matter, because you do not matter.
    I'm a cunt to the clique because I made an extreme joke about Revel's wife. It would have been offensive had I met her and said the same, but I haven't. I had a little dig at Nick re his hipocricy towards Cosplayers (I knew certain quarters would also have been offended and that's part of the fun), and I reacted to his overreaction to my poking fun at a picture he posted of some fucking rice and olive oil, and I had a go at the forum's main bully, Unlikely who you all but a few seem to bow to for fear of being labelled a "retard", or a "spazfuck", or a "mong". I fully understand I called him an autistic cunt, but maybe if you think about it for a second I just might be the one person on the forums who can get away with that. These are the accusations I've had in my direction to justify being called a cunt.
    If someone is being an aggressor towards me, I prefer to take it to its natural conclusion instantly rather than play the game of proportional insults until it blows up. Just blow it the fuck up, why fuck about. And if people want to misinterpret that as me being nasty, then that's their look out. Lesson - Don't be an aggressor. Especially if you can't take it in return.
    It saddens me greatly to see new posters lose their individuality and quickly tow the forum line just for acceptance. They know who they are. I only really have respect for those who don't. They also know who they are.
  • I'm quite happy to ignore you most of the time and vice versa, but if I think you're being grossly unfair I'll chime in. I wouldn't have a problem with you doing the same.

My opinion of you isn't distorted at all, but I'm not going to go over my reasons for disliking you here.
  • I would like to say that me and lawro had a chat over PM and communicated.

We seem to get on quite well now all in all.
  • No idea where to even start with this. It's like g.man accusing someone of being a cameraman.

Genuine lol there, fella.
  • What you call clique, some call community. And if you think you know better, or have some sort of perception of things that is superior to others, then your ego is doing your thinking for you.

Saying nasty shit about people and claiming high ground because at least it's honest is scraping a barrel.

@lawro, obviously.

I dunno, I actually don't understand why you bother to hang around, given the number of posters you have an active beef with. As you said yourself last time (?) you left, the politics of some was hard to deal with. If that's the case, and you take it that seriously, why aggravate yourself and others? And don't take this as "if you don't like it fuck off." It's a genuine question, as I don't get your motivation for some of the stuff you post.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Saying nasty shit about people

I think he deserves it. He's a nasty little shit, who recoils in terror at the same behaviour coming his way. And I don't take this place seriously at all, it's a source of amusement for the most part.
    Facewon wrote:
    I dunno, I actually don't understand why you bother to hang around.

Why do you? Why does anyone! Sure you post fuck all worth looking at. I could say the same of every other cunt on here. Everyone's got an opinion, there's mine. Does that make me a bigger cunt than you? How very conceited of you to ask. I work in front of a PC for about 10 hours a day and it's a decent distraction. I like some of the people, some I chat to daily. They're the only ones I'd bother with IRL. It's taken 7 years to weed out the rest who at times make me despair for humanity, and I'm conscious of the fact some may be commenting as a means of settling scores. That's fine, bring it on, but don't forget what this thread is actually about. It's about a man bullying a suicidal woman and slagging her off, off forum, and someone who chooses to kill people for a living jumping to his defense and creating a distraction by jumping on the easy target "the forum cunt" for having the sheer audacity to pipe up. The very same fuckwit allowed people to think I'd been PMing insults when it absolutely wasn't the case. Politics. Wheel in Unlikely and have him use Revel to score points, again too. Some of you are completely irrational.
  • Lawro, you've mentioned that animosity between us about cosplayers/foods a few times since it happened, months ago. I haven't responded to anything about it because honestly if I get upset about something here it's not for long. So instead of responding and prolonging those type of battles I'd prefer to drop it. My picture of risotto was kinda shit to be fair, and maybe I'm a hypocrite for running SF tournaments whilst saying the odd tee hee at cosplayers. I dunno, that ones up for debate but the point is who really cares? I shouldn't have so I apologise.

When the internet pisses me off like it did then, I take a breather, I come back, it's no big deal. I've learned not to take it personally so if you want to think I'm a cunt that's fine, but I'd rather you didn't and know that I have no lasting ill feeling.

I've had the will power to not say anything at all when it's the wrong time, as in an opportunity for a poke, a chime in with dickish intent. So can we drop this now?

I've corresponded with you on other things since then, as actually we enjoy some of the same things even if we disagree on others. I mean surprise, it's a community we all have our own tastes and views! Which I'm directing at myself too, anonymous name-flinging is a deviously seductive indulgence. But when you do it you always end up worse off. We're not talking privately. Everyone sees everything.

Scoring points, towing the forum line. I agree they are real things that happen on forums.

But one thing - I hope you agree that the forum is a better place for everyone if we don't feel the need to display our utter disgust if not vocal indifferene to others we have no interest in.

• Those two flare-ups were just some of the incidents I've had chucked in my direction to justify the 'cunt' tag. I was merely pointing out that it's a bit daft. It's a two way street. If anything, they were hilarious.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!