Halostock II: Death Cottage. Weekend of February 8th, who's in?
  • Just a quick note: no-one is camping. The garden thing was a joke, sorry.

It's fun enough persuading my wife to allow 15 strangers (as far as she's concerned, and in some cases, me too I DON'T KNOW YOU) to take over the place and have potentially 11 of 'em stay in our flat (possible issue: she may not go out after all, which means she gets a whole room to herself (I may be able to share it if I play my cards right), which means we lose 3 spaces :( I'll try to confirm this asap) without bringing tents into the discussion.

I'm a champagne communist at heart, so I don't really mind who comes over to play / stay, you guys can sort that all out and I look forward to meeting you, you're all equally welcome (except Lester who isn't even welcome in London).

Power of veto is absolute however, which means that if I think anyone's going to be sick / violent / smelly / unpleasant then they're gonna have to find a space in Lester's car.
  • Thanks for ruining everyone's Christmas and New Years.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • It's what I do.

Still working on pushing her out to some spa or something for the weekend. 3 months is a lot of time to work on her.

I've softened my line on vomit, so that Petey can come after all. Just do your best to get it into the loo.
  • Did you see how last time he had his head right in the bowl but managed to not land any vomit inside?
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I know, right? Well, now that he's 18 (?) he's probably a bit more practised at aiming his rejected cider streams.
  • I've been sleeping on my own sofa for 3 weeks now and can vouch for it's mid-tier comfortabilitiness.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    So has this been merged with London-Stock? For added homoeroticism?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nope, we've got the homoeroticism covered on our own. You are more than welcome to join us if you'd like to do both.
  • Do halo cards exist? Like top trumps?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Tempy wrote:
    Test run it.

There's clothes on it so it's out of commission right now.
  • I've only just ventured into this thread after it started off in Halo thread. Good stuff. It will be great. I will  love it, but...

Family wedding on 3rd. Per wedding event on 2nd. I can no longer make it. 

Sad face.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sorry to hear that, Elf. But, as I've said, this is the first Halostock but I'm sure it won't be the last.
  • Hi all, long time no see (my new house is this |>>>>>>| close to getting internet sorted out, so should be back on live in the next couple of weeks).

I'll naturally be up for any drinking aspect to the meet up.  Any overflow are free to stay at my house...but if you look like you're going to pull a Petey (aka bathroom redecor) consider yourself consigned to the terrace. X
  • Also will have to kick the missus out....Funk can we arrange some kind of Halo widows spa weekend?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Other what now?
  • Everyone welcome, but you might have to put up with some northerners, so as long as you're fine with that.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • We are all Spartans underneath.
  • Everyone welcome, but you might have to put up with some northerners, so as long as you're fine with that.

It'll be fine, I'll polish my clogs especially and brush my tooth. I've already arranged to borrow a pair of trousers from one of my 18 brothers.
  • Good chap, and I'll lend you a belt, you can't carry on using string when you're in London you know.
  • I've never had my own string before *sniff* truly this will be a magical 'stock'
  • Put me in please. Drinks for sure hopefully LAN too will need to double check a few things, what time would it start?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Now that's a question. I've provisionally got drinks starting at seven with sheLANigans happening at some time before that.

Really, we've probably got about as far with the planning as we can for the time being. Once we're a bit closer people'll have a better idea of what their plans are on the day in question and what time they'll be around for whatever.

I will add you to the OP when I'm not on my mobile. I have been in the pub for several hours now so I may forget tomorrow, so check the OP and remind me if needs be.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Added yer, Djorn.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I like the way that whenever I turn to the OP, I scroll down and see "So, to clarify, NOT LONDON" immediately below it.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I'm thinking of visiting London for a couple of nights, getting a hotel with my girlfriend so she can visit friends while I Halol then see London with her the other night.

Just wondering what area is best to get a hotel in. Golders Green? Any idea where drinks would be happening in the evening? Questions!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Drinks will be somewhere in zone 1, more than likely in or around Soho. So, a hotel in central would be very good for stumbling back to, but possibly not so good for your finances. Where are the friends your girlfriend would be visiting? It may be worth seeing if there's a hotel around there to make it convenient for her if you're happy trying to find your own way back (we'll make sure you're on the right tube/night bus). Failing that, if one of our London-based members has a decent hotel near them, they may be willing to see you back at the end of the night (there's nothing that I know of in my area, I'm afraid).

Of course, if you want to make it really special, you could both stay at Funk's in a room with another half dozen or so Badgers piled on top of you.

Remember, if you want to get in on the LAN stuff at Funk's in the afternoon before the drinks, there are limited spaces so book early to avoid disappointment.
  • I wouldn't stay in a Golders Green hotel to visit London. It's too far out of the way.

My recommendation would definitely be to fork out a bit more and find a cheapish central hotel. Doesn't need to be WC postcode. Check out some budget recommendations, or some lastminute things or whatever, you should be able to get a decent double, nice and central (and most importantly close to a tube station) for £50-£80 per night with breakfast, that time of year.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Cool, cheers for the help, i'll have a shop around!
  • If it's zone 2 and less than 10 mins walk to a tube station, and clean, it'll be alright.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well, an interesting new possibility has just turned up; it would seem that my parents, at whose house I am currently staying, are away for the Halostock weekend. This means that we could move the LAN part of the stock to here where there is plenty of space, plenty of chairs, and already 3 TVs and 2 360s in place. It means we won't have to restrict who's coming to the LAN party, but it does mean that you north Londoners will have to make a trip across the river and then whine incessantly about south London as that's what you all do.

What do you guys think?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!