New Year's Resolutions
  • I'm hopeless at finishing games. I have a very short attention span. The only games I have completed are FFVII (took me over a decade and nearly a dozen replays to get to this point), FFIX, The Walking Dead ..... I think that's it. I didn't finish the Halo 4 campaign before getting sidetracked to mp cos I got sick of shooting those shieldy flying fuckers.

I'd resolve to finish more games but I don't think that'll happen.

Edit: remembered on the way home that I've also finished half life and portal 2. I'm better than I thought.
  • I'm going to play a videogame.
  • I have decided that 2013 would be a good time to:

1.  Turn the TV on only when there's something that I specifically want to watch (I will engage with Attenborough this evening but expect that for most of the rest of the year, my furniture will be pointing at a silent, unblinking black behemoth).

2.  Turn off/make silent all electronic devices for at least an hour every evening and devote the time to quiet reading/contemplation.

3.  Drive less.

4.  Swim more.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Moving to Venice?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If so then learn to swim should be right up there.
  • I know how to swim, I just don't do it often enough; I've only swum about 65km in the last 18 months. As we'll all soon be underwater though, now seems as good a time as any to get into practice.
  • Make lots of monies
  • Sex more
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Make lots of monies so I can sex more
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    If you you were clever you'd do it the other way round.
  • Not pretty enough for the other way round
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    You don't need to be pretty, just eager. And cheap.
  • Not all that eager either, cheap is doable
  • 1. Party less
    2. Find a better job
    3. Get back into education
    4. Give up smoking
    5. Be a little less trusting

I also feel like congratulating myself for my first ever successful new years resolution, which was set 2 years ago and almost completely forgotten about over recent months until now. I used to always have the TV on in the background, but knew it was rubbish. Like Igor, i decided to only put it on when there'S something i specifically wanted to watch. With the exception of sport and the occasional bit of news or documantary stuff, such an event hasn't happened for maybe 12 months, and i feel all the better for it. Will be selling all television equipment. It's an extremely overrated pass time, and i realise this now especially when im surrounded by friends or acquaintances who have little else to talk about or do. I never realised how boring an activity or topic of conversation it is until i gave it up.
  • Second best thing I did was stop putting the TV on.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    One idea I've had in mind for a while, is give a technology talk/presentation. I attend a meetup every so often, and always have a strong opinion on the subject. But even though I write reasonably* well, I often trip over my words when reeling off a complicated idea verbally...

I reckon a fire walk would do me some good.

It's a smart group, and it's not like I have the longest list of credentials...
    I will have to prepare something original, thorough, or both...

Tbh though, I'd just be happy to get through 5/10 minutes without sounding
    like a dick or a looney. :|

*Quiet at the back!!! :}
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    "become a strong bastard" HALFWAY THERE, BUDDY
    You mean I need to do a 400kg deadlift?  I gotta tell ya, it may never happen.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Truthahn1 wrote:
    I think I'm going to do this no technology hour of an evening (except electric lights; I'm not going to get eyestrain). It'll give me a chance to get back into my genetics course too. :)

This is a fabulous idea, sadly I have not the will power to do it.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Me neither. Was supposed to have turned of 2 hours ago. Gngh.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    [If you're interested in carrying on TEFL teaching and want to work for the BC in the future, get a CELTA and soon. The BC won't even consider hiring anyone without one, and all but one BC teaching centres require both a CELTA and two years of post-CELTA experience. Everything you're doing at the moment will count for practically zero if you're applying for the BC.
    How well does the BC pay? Working with the BC in the future is one reason I've been looking at the CELTA. I peruse their website from time to time and they've got some interesting opportunities, but they don't appear to list salaries anywhere. I'm really tempted to go to South America in the next year.

I should probably migrate this to the work thread...

EDIT: Some quick research suggests they pay fuck all.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Over the hills and into our hearts
    Them stars a-flitter over twilight lakes
    And in awe of such my resolution thus
    I'll have some Bran Flakes
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Mine, for 2013: 
    - get a game onto the Android store 
    - exercise 
    - go on holiday 
    - walk/cycle to work more than three times

Well that didn't go terribly well
  • You still have 9 days, don't give up yet.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Read more

Learn more

Earn more

Weigh less
  • I don't do new year's resolutions but neither do most other people it seems. They should be renamed 'three weeks in January (or thereabouts) resolutions'.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't do new year's resolutions but neither do most other people it seems. They should be renamed 'three weeks in January (or thereabouts) resolutions'.
    I have decided that 2013 would be a good time to: 1.  Turn the TV on only when there's something that I specifically want to watch (I will engage with Attenborough this evening but expect that for most of the rest of the year, my furniture will be pointing at a silent, unblinking black behemoth). 2.  Turn off/make silent all electronic devices for at least an hour every evening and devote the time to quiet reading/contemplation. 3.  Drive less. 4.  Swim more.

Ahem!
  • I don't think he denies making them, just admits failing before the end of January.
  • I don't do new year's resolutions but neither do most other people it seems. They should be renamed 'three weeks in January (or thereabouts) resolutions'.
    I have decided that 2013 would be a good time to: 1.  Turn the TV on only when there's something that I specifically want to watch (I will engage with Attenborough this evening but expect that for most of the rest of the year, my furniture will be pointing at a silent, unblinking black behemoth). 2.  Turn off/make silent all electronic devices for at least an hour every evening and devote the time to quiet reading/contemplation. 3.  Drive less. 4.  Swim more.
    Ahem!
    Lol, I'd completely forgotten about that. At least I can put a huge tick next to every single one of those though.
  • Phew, I've just scanned this whole thread terrified I'd have posted something in it last year...!
  • - Either get a CELTA or start a MA. 
    - Failing the above, find a job I don't fucking hate in the UK. 
    - Cut down on coffee. 
    - Don't fuck up the Paris Marathon. 
    - Run 10km in 40 minutes. 
    - Same as Brooks.
    1) Started ITT, which will get me MA credits, so SUCCESS.
    2) Irrelevant.
    3) SUCCESS.
    4) FAILURE - Fucked me knee up and haven't ever recovered.
    5) No. Getting in touch regarding physio over the Christmas break.
    6) SUCCESS, I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!