Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Anyone fancy an MMO Fightman then?

Not one that looks like a NetherRealm version of For Honor.
  • not sure where this belongs but fuck yeah.  

Time to dust off that JP MD

http://www.paprium.com/
  • Gonna get me one of them there Qanba Obsidians, attempt to dust (loop) off the knuckles and get back in the lab for Rev2 and T7. Doubt the netcode will suffice for either title to make online games with the UK any cop, but I'm back for June so perhaps a locals is in order?
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • i'm always down. Rev seems to have been given a second wind online recently, more players than usual. quite excited for Kingly tekken as well, until i get annoyed at all the movement stuff

Q3R8jR9.jpg

• So apparently this isn't some elaborate April 1st... (And if it is, they've still created something better looking than KoF)

Edit: SRK now reporting that it is an early build of a legit game after all.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Arika!!?

Stoked!!!

Could well be an April fools... A mod of somekind, maybe.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • It's an April fools
  • April fools they had Kazunoko demoing on their stream. So they're going pretty all in on it either way.

Streaming it right now
  • Seems to have a very 90s feel to it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I bought Rev for a tenner a few weeks ago but Zelda arrived on the same day so it's not had much love.
    So far I've managed to finish the arcade mode, clear the missions and get mercilessly crushed online. It feels really alien but I want to give it a fair go before that Gief parry lures me back.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    PS4? I'll play with you. My poor and lazy inputs mean i really only know Ky.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Nice one Curtis, that'd be great. Can't tonight but I'll pester you if I see you online. I went with Potemkin because all the other characters are tiny.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Never mind that — get Tekken 7! Gief dreams of being King.

Magic 4 into iSW at 3:06...
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Seems to have a very 90s feel to it.

it's using the exact same animations from the sf ex+ series, so the movement and cancelling looks nice and mid 90s.

is there a roster somewhere? assuming all the ex specific characters are in... D. DARK?
  • Just these 3 characters were playable, shall see if they reveal anything else I guess.
  • 4 new characters for kof14 out today, and GG Rev2 demo out this month...
  • Oh shit rev 2 demo out this month? Yassss.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I hardly play, but I'll be potentially supporting Arksys with another purchase. Cheaper DLC update to Rev would've been preferred, unless they're making huge motherfucking changes??
  • you can buy rev2 standalone, or update rev for like £15 or something.

regarding changes, afaik, 2 characters and various balances plus online overhaul etc.
  • Orly?? Good news that. I'll just update Rev then.
  • I should really look things up before commenting!
  • Meanwhile in the land of games that had less budget than SFV:

Good fucking grief. One day SNK are going to launch a KoF that has decent netcode on Day 1 and then steal all the players.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    No, because bad players convince themselves that too-hard games are bad games, decimating the tournament pots for pros in a catch-22.

Tekken only has to be big in SK because they've a lucrative pro-gaming scene. Some of the Chinese players might be tempted away from SF one day, but most of the Japanese dudes have proven themselves loyal to Capcom throughout their worst efforts in a decade. And those are the ones who inform American opinion. Plus, as America's fightman flag, the next Marvel'd have to be beyond awful to put them off.

I've been a bit salty since Street Fighter IV killed off Tekken 5: DR online. It's pretty much been Capcom or nothing for eight years now. Soulcalibur V was a flash in the pan; no time given.
  • It was shit though...
  • I dunno, SCV was definitely the best one since 2 imho. It had decent netcode for the time, the giant lobby system. I think it was just overshadowed by whatever was out, also the rampant fanservice is hurting the game, Ivy's tits can't possibly get any bigger (said everyone, ever, since SC1).

We're probably stuck with SF for the forseeable at any rate as the marquee draw at most majors. It has the most money being put into it right now between Capcom and Sony and then additional productions like ESL, it has the most money up for grabs by a mile so it's going to draw the top players regardless of overall quality and the pro tour has given fans a reason to regularly watch or get more invested in events.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It's shit, though.
  • Yeah but they've all been shit since 2. Though.

Roll on June. Hopefully T7 has some solid net code.
  • Dampierre I'll never forget u babe. 

Also Algol. 

Hopefully Namco andBandai will see the results that the CPT are getting in terms of generating exposure and keeping people interested and will launch their own version. 

Arcsys will remain round the back smoking by the bins.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Who else thinks Arms is looking a little empty?

Not sure if Ninty are cutout for this fight game errrrmmm, game...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!