General Bear Knuckle
  • plenty of people playing xrd online, but GG is a merciless mistress. in the hard is bad category.

i look forward to playing you guys at tekken 7 for the first week(s)! I will be dressed appropriately

5643051283_092772465e_z.jpg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I will bring a strong tekken game. Just saying.
  • It's not getting a switch release tho?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sit down
  • I nearly linked that video myself! Imma do it anyway!

Big ups.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Sick medley, that. Feeling Scape's Baek. :]

Came here to post this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/7daedcfe-c674-4a97-8a1f-0c6185db14cd - There are probably a few threads on this board that could hold that.

In other news, I've got hold of a Cronus Max!...

Will that fix my PC controller issues?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Doesn't the Cronus report as a 360 Controller (so XInput) by default on PC? Should be fine if it does.

Baek was actually pretty good in Tekken 6 (top 15, maybe), but they removed his Flamingo sidestep glitch for Tag 2. His Flamingo stance can be cancelled into a big sidestep, and you could transition back into FLA at the end of each sidestep and repeat for crazy evasion powers; basically the KBD of sidesteps. I had a lot of fun trolling Rouj with it, but it wasn't meant to be there and was removed.

Another loop remains, though: you can still go into FLA after a 3+4 (the double jumping kick at 0:24), cancelling its normal recovery, and then loop multiple 3+4s to juggle that way. But three of those in a juggle are less damaging than his regular options, so it's not OP. Also, he's still vulnerable if he cancels into FLA after a 3+4's blocked.

The reason I like Baek and not really Hwoarang (and why they're not comparable) is that he's forced to be creative with his transitions because of how linear he is. Hwo's more complex in terms of his two stances, but his game's closer to Lee's with a focus on baiting and going in hard with punishes. Hwo's always trying to get into his ideal range to crush your moves and get his party started; it's a different mindset to Baek's flow.

In our video there, I was better off going straight into B! after 3+4 because of the wall's proximity (although I misjudged it slightly with that d/f+3,4 whiff after). And Rouj picked Bryan by mistake, by the way; fudged his inputs on select!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The gameplay trailer for Marvel...

I'm guessing it will please some.
    Ultron's freakin' movement constraint special is inspired.

edit:

• Capcom needs to die.
  • Let's pack fightmans away for another 10 years then make a game that's just basic fightmans done well and be happy.
  • I wanna put up my SF4 TE fight stick (360) with amazing PS4 dongle thing up for sale.

Does a) anyone want to buy it or b) give me an idea of what to ask for it on eBay?

With MvC out soon it seems like a reasonable time to sell.

Plus, with MadCazt gone under its probably worth like a gazillion dollers now right?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Is that a Brook dong (360-PS4)? Original red-and-white TE?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message

I'd like that music at 2:16 as a theme (that caught dropkick!). And I'm all over that stage with Nina and Hei at 1:52. Ocean's nice, too. It's beginning to look like a best-of on the stages front, with a return to a mixture of wide-open, realistic backgrounds and futuretech ones.
  • YO T4 JIN COSTUME!?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    That was his alt in Dark Res. I still like Fishimitsu. Shame about the basic onliner modo, though. And tournament mode can do one — it's online, for Cribbins' sake.

Team Battle and Ball DLC, thank you, please.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Where's my boy, @Roujin

http://rbnorway.org/character-rankings-tekken-7/

Gigas, tee-hee. I'm taking MainManSWE's pronunciation of Jigass.

http://rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/

I agree with that assessment for Lee. He's dangerous, but he doesn't have a Geoff or equivalent to control pace, and he gets outprioritised a fair bit for not committing to risks. Screw up and he hurts you; play it safe and he struggles.
  • I still function.

Yeah Gigas sucks hard, but I can't love Drag of he's tippy top boy.

I'm on the hard G when it comes to pronouncing his name though, like gigabyte innit imho.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Not as funny, though, is it. I'm dismounting the hard G.

It could be Guyguss — as you have it, Geyguss — as I did, or a lofty Geeyguss. Imagine the last one in an announcer's voice, 'cause I'm going with that for the official.

Bryan's a bit of a surprise, huh. They removed the launch property from one of his kicks, and that's a pretty big nerf for the majority because he's hard to use well. I expected Kazumi to be middish, too; this game's Angel. I've no idea why she's the new Bear? Maybe she can't KBD or summat... We'll find out soon enough.
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Rev.2 is out lads.

€16.99 for the cross buy PS3/PS4 upgrade if you already own Rev.1, or €40 for the full game on PS4.

Two new characters, and all the YRCs you could want.

HEAVEN OR HELL, LET'S ROCK!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Hmmm...

The characters for Marvel 4 have been leaked, allegedly.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-31-it-looks-like-marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-roster-has-leaked

That's not a bad selection, tbh. Shame about the X-Men though.

The game itself though...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    First impressions of Tekken 7 aren't great. It's surprisingly barebones. There are no replays because of the PS4's recording feature, which is fine for your own matches, but I liked watching other players' for certain match-ups and whatnot. WTF was a brilliant idea, it just didn't get enough attention.

It feels sluggish (eight frames!), and the camera's too close again. Definitely use Max HUD to move the bars to the top. Another little thing is that the increased hitstun on the last hit of natural combos feels like a lag spike.

Rage is now Ultras, but still called Rage. I've never been a fan of either, but it's easier to defend against Ultras than super-damage jabs and the like, so I guess I'm in favour.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Best titles:

— Stubborn Old Dude
    — You Asked For It
    — Take Care Now
    — Time For Tea
    — Oh, The Elegance! (only if you're really good or bad)
    — Master Of The Salmon

I think I'll probably go SOD. Time For Tea's S-tier, though.
  • Just had a bash on practice mode while I'm waiting for it to finish installing. 

Dabbled with Gigas, and Kuma/Panda but none of them hold a candle to Jack still, he is still by far my fave big body guy. Apart from maybe Jinpachi but RIP old old man. 

The input delay is an interesting one, I think its lowest on Xbox and PC version, and then PS4 has 7 frames. I haven't had chance to play the game yet proper but it's kind of a fucking fuck up after SFV the only possible thing is that since everything in the game apart from Yoshi's flash is 10f or slower, the delay might not have the same impact it did in SFV.

I've got the week off work as well next week so expect plenty of gaems and strims if anyone is around. 

Intro is hype as fuck as well. BTW.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm gardenman strimmin' all week. Won't have much time for it, alas. Are you Twitching it tonight? I'll drop in later if y'are. Watching, though, 'cause no PSN until I've some money next week. And also because my skills have abandoned me and Lee's a different animal with S!. His W! oki's really lame in this unless I'm missing summat.

Maybe he gets a mixup after fff+3,4's hard knockdown (spike)... But then he wants f+2,1 for the W! (or his old Mist Step b~2,3 classic), so who knows.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Oh, input delay. In back-to-backs, Dark Res has always felt a lot more responsive than its sequels, but I can't say for sure that that's not my perception. Could be that it feels snappier because it has fewer animation frames.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Are you both on PS4? I've been enjoying Akuma, but i have to keep reminding myself i'm playing Tekken. lol!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Both PS4, but you won't get much love with that Akuma noise. Rouj and I won't entertain anything above mid-tier. Pro jobbers.

I'm like a prime, Skip-beating Barry Horowitz. Rouj is old Flair. Reg is probably the Brooklyn Brawler.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    It's alright. After two nights in a row with zero actual games online due to "lost connection" errors i'm trading it. Fuck that noise!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!