General Bear Knuckle
  • Think Wang is canon dead now, feelsbadman.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Help a bro out here.

Went to my usual fightmans spot in Shimo but it being a holiday was absolutely full, so went for the back up of my man the 3300 games in one cabinet.
    Motherfucker had this playing.

Is this

Is this

Rainbow edition

Coz if so you know I'm dining on it before I go

Hw2T2SP.png
  • Looking for a side-scrolling beat em up on Xbox one, in the vein of Final Fight. Any recommendations?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I watched literally zero Evo this year. I blame them entirely.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So it seems y'all turnt by this new game . Ima play it
  • I know many of you have stopped with sfv a while back but curious what you think of the abigal reveal?
    SFV - reddave360
  • bit shite if you ask me
  • @Reg
    Aye, it's rainbow ed.
    The mvc type specials are its signature.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    @Reg
    Aye, it's rainbow ed.
    The mvc type specials are its signature.

Ima play the fuck out of it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also I'm down to clown with Abigail
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Top work, Rouj. You're good with those Power Crushes. I think where you're maybe missing out with Hwoarang is with his oki, 'cause I was able to wriggle away a lot of the time. Might just be the game, though. Doesn't he have jab-carry juggles after his CD+3 launcher?

Sorry for the ASDA-price lows at the end with King! Don't forget that he has a grab against crouchers.
  • Rainbow edition of SF2 was great. There were some stupid editions of SF2 which ended up in my local arcade. There was one where Sagat's uppercut went through the top of the screen and reappeared below. Or the hurricane kick that generated fireballs. Zangief spinning around and generating fireballs as well. Those machines were great fun cause they were so unpredictable.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Rainbow edition of SF2 was great. There were some stupid editions of SF2 which ended up in my local arcade. There was one where Sagat's uppercut went through the top of the screen and reappeared below. Or the hurricane kick that generated fireballs. Zangief spinning around and generating fireballs as well. Those machines were great fun cause they were so unpredictable.

It's gonna be a beautiful day
  • Escape wrote:
    Top work, Rouj. You're good with those Power Crushes. I think where you're maybe missing out with Hwoarang is with his oki, 'cause I was able to wriggle away a lot of the time. Might just be the game, though. Doesn't he have jab-carry juggles after his CD+3 launcher? Sorry for the ASDA-price lows at the end with King! Don't forget that he has a grab against crouchers.

My main Hwo issue is basically not doing any practice with him and trying to feel out whatever I can remember or learn on the fly.

Hence the reason that by the end of the sesh I had stopped dancing and was just trying to move around, block and duck stuff and then try to work on figuring out where I can poke from. I did at least learn that his RFF 3~4 and RFS b4 had armour and that his rage art, although fucking nigh on useless as a reaction punish as you have to be in flamingo to do it, is at least pretty much safe on block thanks to the insane pushback. 

Oh and big ups ff4 which must be a new move, seems like a nice alternative to his wave dash 3 for closing in from long range while throwing a move out.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    is at least pretty much safe on block thanks to the insane pushback

The only thing that might reach is King's shoulder. Lee has nothing at that range. So long as you don't have a wall behind you, it's probably 100% safe.

Oh and big ups ff4 which must be a new move, seems like a nice alternative to his wave dash 3 for closing in from long range while throwing a move out.

Yeah, I was walking into that for fun. I'll have to look up its deets, 'cause I imagine it's mildly plus on block, but linear.

I've just looked at my captures and there's nothing there! I was hoping for another look at that leg-grab win, and I had my best round for ages when I was threading through Hwoarang's gaps on Arctic Snowfall with Lee. Boo! I do love King, but I'm obviously not that great with him. Like I said before, you need to main him for a while until everything's automatic, else he has an overwhelming list of moves. I've always really enjoyed him versus Hwo.

Paul has the best cape, though.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I know many of you have stopped with sfv a while back but curious what you think of the abigal reveal?

It would have gone down a lot better if people weren't on season passes and getting joke characters. Like, Mike Hagger is on the bench and your game is taking a fucking kicking, I know, put fucking Abigail in Coach, he's ready! I have nothing against joke characters (harro prs, Hakan and Robo-Ky main, with a side order of pocket Dampierre and Dr. Boskonovitch) but I really don't think that SFV's season 2 character dlc lineup needs to have joke characters in it when Capcom are in (or should be in, if they hadn't already got the message) damage limitation mode. And then basically Ono did the shoryuken thing again and then staggered off back to what I presume is round the clock intensive therapy to retain what is left of his will to live. 

Maybe it was just the fact that earlier in the same night, Namco turned up and were like, yeah Geese Howard in Tekken bois, and even earlier than that Arcsys turned up and announced a 2 on 2 crossover game out of the blue featuring Blaz Blue, Persona 4 Arena, Under Night in Birth and RWBY.

Abigail looks interesting, but I can't wait to see the day 1 infinites on his giant ass hurtbox and the amount of clipping that happens everytime he gets thrown. I'm particularly looking forward to what he looks like while receiving an SPD, Guile's air throw or Laura's CA.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I did watch the final few Evo matches, as it goes. The GF really highlighted what I dislike about the game, and I'll spoiler it in case anyone's on catchup.

Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Off to play that rainbow edition bastard
  • Guilty Gear Xrd.

What a game. Arc systems pulled of the transition to 3d effortlessly. Not really delved too deep into the fight mechanics yet but first impressions are solid.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
  • Steam: Ruffnekk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Played that rainbow. It was a good novelty.

Then spent about 40 mins on that t7. It's.... Not great is it lads? Online seems to be a King-fest and I could romp my way on grab boys all the time - 4-2 to be precise. I'll still buy the console one because it's my boy, but it was real underwhelming.

At least

xWfw9rV.jpg

But I'm a t5 apologist tho
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Down kick is still king over here
  • Nah real talk Tekken 7 is good, apart from that weird connection bug. As a fan I may prefer Tag 2 as it was something of a magnum opus for the series, but T7 has got it where it counts and seems to be a lot more inviting to players than previous versions, apart from when I get ROBBED GOD DAMN IT

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Hahaha, yes! It's always had a trailing hitbox, though even I was surprised.

As ever, shoutouts to Dark Resurrection.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Hahaha, yes! It's always had a trailing hitbox, though even I was surprised.

As ever, shoutouts to Dark Resurrection.

o/ indeed
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Also, that looked the same on my end, Rouj, so if it was lag, it's uniformly legit. Hwo's hurtbox must drag a bit if it's not the netcode.

I should've ended that at 0:20, but King's movelist flashed before my eyes and I couldn't choose owt. I didn't wanna catch Hwo's boot with a forward input (went neutral in case it reached), and then it was too late. Lee's b+1:1,2 would've been his go-to.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just spent a other 30 mins on t7 waiting for Akiba shops to open. pair of you are huffing some Nintendo juiceif you think this is an improvement
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fwiw I went 4-1 then 0-1 on the arcade. King op as hell
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    if you think this is an improvement

On Street Fighter V, I reckon. You weren't there! Tempy was so traumatised he developed amnesia and swears it was a horrible brown-shoed dream. Tekken 7's not great, but it's no Killian Manoeuvre. (Rekt since '13; nevr forget!)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!