regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's pretty good to be honest, the wiimotes do the job well.
  • The wii had a lot of good experiments. Glad it was big enough for beat the beat.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'll list a few I have that you don't that might be worth a look. Majority of these will be had for buttons I'm guessing.

Angry Birds Trilogy and Star Wars Angry Birds- got these because I never played the originals. If you like the game and want to play on a console then this is probably the best version as the control is rock solid. Star Wars maybe the pick because Star Wars - and it has 4 player options 

Worms Battle Islands is a solid port and the controls are very well done. 

Ivy the Kiwi Charming game with original rock solid point controls 

Boom Blox and Boom Blox Party - range of modes - not all great but some are fun. The jenga style games are probably the pick but there are some other modes that are worth a look. You could pick one of these up.

Geometry Wars Galaxies - has a twin stick option. It's different enough to be worth a look.  Straddles the gap between GW2 and 3 feature-wise.

Kororinpa and Marble Balance Challenge (K2) - among the best use of tilt control I've experienced. Second game has more content. Or have a look at Mercury Meltdown Revolution

Muramasa Demon Blade Haven't played a lot of this but it's gorgeous.

Tetris Party Deluxe Best Tetris game around for my money and I've played a few. Twenty modes -  most aren't Tetris games but play like Tetris. Very well done and great multi and co-op modes.

HOTD Overkill to complete your shooting game collection(unless you have the PS version I suppose). Link's Crossbow Training might surprise you if you give it a look. It's not a full game but it's more than a demo and it's more than just point and press.

Wii Party was a late release and is a nice little polished compilation to entertain a gathering. If you have 2 M+ controllers then Wii Play Motion is nice too.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    It's pretty good to be honest, the wiimotes do the job well.

Have the GC original but might give it a look. There was DK race game too - ever try that one?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Are those games selling, though?

I'd be wary of GamePad reliability in years to come; the potential for more people to hack their Us; and possible Switch rereleases. I remember when my second-hand postcard ICO went up 4x until its PS2 rerelease, and I ended up selling it for half what I'd paid. And then when the PS3 version came out...

In other words, if U games are fetching high prices right now, I'd offload ASAP.
  • I don't think there will be that many Switch re-releases, certainly not enough to make a WiiU collection redundant.

This is Nintendo remember, the company that seem to not want your money.

Smash Bros will happen. Mario 3D World possibly at some point. Mario Maker very likely.

However Bayo 2 was teased and didn't happen, anything else in that tier probably won't either. Donkey Kong, Wooly Yoshi, Kirby etc. Wonderful 101, Nintendoland both need the dual screen.

There are other games like Zelda TP where the definitive version is WiiU.

Ultimately, it is Nintendo though, it is collectable.
    I can emulate the SNES catalogue but look at some of those prices.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Yar, I've grabbed a spare high capacity battery just incase . Rather than list em, here's my Wii collection. As mentioned, I think it's my favourite, can't think of anything else I would need.

Zcp6LLn.jpg

That is an awesome collection. Also nice to see someone else have the Op Rainfall HMV sleeve with art book. Did you also get last story and pandora Spec Eds? Sold my prime trilogy for £90 a while back (the day before they announced the Wii u download release).

One weird one I noticed going for something recently was metal slug anthology on Wii. I'm sure I saw it go for like, 20 quid. Think that was 99p.

(Oh only other suggestions I'd have is fragile dreams, and a boy and his blob is nice).
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Are those games selling, though?

I'd be wary of GamePad reliability in years to come; the potential for more people to hack their Us; and possible Switch rereleases. I remember when my second-hand postcard ICO went up 4x until its PS2 rerelease, and I ended up selling it for half what I'd paid. And then when the PS3 version came out...

In other words, if U games are fetching high prices right now, I'd offload ASAP.

Indeed, they are. I'm not an eBay scrub, and always switch it to completed sales. You're also comparing Sony to Nintendo tho, and we've all been round the block on their stuff and weird perceived value. Fun fact, when Earthbound finally dropped on VC, and when Conker came out on Rare Replay, the value of the OG editions actually went up. Madness.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    As to Davy and Cosmic's suggestions, weirdly in my last cull I got rid of some of those, like Fragile Dreams, Angry Birds Star Wars and Boom Blox. I do actually have crossbow training, it just doesn't fit up there with the rest! They're good stuff tho. Good points raised, I guess if I was to cap it off I'd like A Boy and His Blob, Muramasa and Overkill.
  • I still have some Wii games I could offload if anyone wants to add to their collection at some point.

From memory: No More Heroes 1 & 2, Okami, FF Crystal Bearers, Sin & Punishment 2, Dead Space Extraction, Muramasa, Red Steel 2, Xenoblade.

Edit: And Other M, but nobody deserves that.

Not sure I'd get rid of Xenoblade just yet, but the others can go, and I doubt they'd cost much.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I mean, I'd be interested in Muramasa
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A Boy and his Blob is a good shout.

Metal Slug Anthology is a funny one. They did their best to fuck it up by needlessly forcing waggle into every control option and not support the classic controller. GC controller support is there but it doesn't use the dpad. The fact that the GC stick has those notches saves it.

If I was to trim my recommendations above I'd bring it down to Ivy the Kiwi, Geometry Wars Galaxies, one of those 3 tilt games, Muramasa, Tetris, Overkill and Wii Party.
  • I read that as FF Crystal Beavers twice.
  • (Oh only other suggestions I'd have is fragile dreams, and a boy and his blob is nice).

I actually completed that one, was surprisingly good.

Metal Slug Anthology was a bit pants on Wii for the reasons davy said, your better off with the PS2 version. It's a shame it's not been re-released since, but I guess they make more from selling them individually.

I'd probably off load those Resident Evil games too, they're much better on PS4 and I'm sure they'll come to Switch at some point if you wanted them on Nintendo for some reason.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Me and resi go deep. Cant get rid
  • Get rid, re buy and make some money in the process ;-)
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    But darkside and umbrella work coz of wiimotes!
  • I'd love to see a galaxy remake for non Wii controller. I know you'd lose some of the stuff but my god I hate the Wii controller set up.
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I love that wee shoogle for a spin so sue me
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I mean, I'd be interested in Muramasa
    So it turns out I have the discs here (kept safe in a nice CD wallet BTW) but the boxes are back in England at my parents' place. The only complete combo I have here is Xenoblade (and a few Gamecube games for some reason).

So, yeah, not exactly convenient. But if you don't buy it in the meantime, I'll let you know if/when I next go back. No idea when that is atm.
  • Also, I didn't find S&P 2 or NMH 2, but I have got Little King's Story (one of the Wii's top games IMO).
  • You sold S&P2 t me ages ago.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I think. Well I got it form someone on here.
  • Well that explains that then. I only remembered selling the Marios and Zeldas, but now you mention it that makes sense.
  • So, if anyone wants S&P 2, you can buy it off Elf.
  • regmcfly wrote:

You not got move? There's plenty of on rail shooters on PS3 well worth getting.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • JonB wrote:
    So, if anyone wants S&P 2, you can buy it off Elf.

Whhhhhhaaaaaaat I ain't selling bruh
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

You not got move? There's plenty of on rail shooters on PS3 well worth getting.

I had a nice but ditched it due to the fact that all the shooters I wanted were on Wii!
  • But they're better on PS3, plus it has its own exclusives. Don't get me wrong, so does Wii, definitely worth owning both if you like the genre.

Links Crossbow Challenge and Ghost Squad are probably my favourite Wii ones.

Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns are cool to, you should definitely get them, and Wii is the only option for House of the Dead 2.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I guess it's also I'm trying to keep collections manageable and down to ones that I'm personally attached to, so having not heard of the PS3 ones I'll pass. I don't want bloated collections

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!