adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my Wii U just straight-up bricked itself after a system update once so I had to send it in for repair!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Booted up the Wii U to have a last look at the eShop. What an absolutely dreadful machine this was. Underrated software catalogue for its short life but just awful hardware and OS design.
    Couldn't agree more.
    +1

I loved the idea for it and I thought it had the most appealing software compared to xbox one and ps4. I got mine late in the consoles lifeline and while I had fun, it had some big problems. The handheld part was clunky although not completely unpleasant but in my home at least it struggled with sending a single very far. The OS was terrible, not just in design but in terms of speed - found it very sluggish. But you could see some of the potential in the idea. So much so that when the switch was announced I knew it would be what the wii U should have been.
    SFV - reddave360
  • It'll always be great for the games at the time - Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Toad, Wind Waker HD and BotW but an absolute disaster as a piece of hardware and the dodgy PR.

But it has been trounced by the Switch in every conceivable way.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    It'll always be great for the games at the time - Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Toad, Wind Waker HD and BotW but an absolute disaster as a piece of hardware and the dodgy PR.

But it has been trounced by the Switch in every conceivable way.

I'll go with this and add the goatly Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad. Was just an exclusives machine for me really, but weirdly had more use by miles than any other console that gen because my wife had Netflix, iplayer and maybe Amazon/Lovefilm on it. Loved bringing the stats page up and showing her the massive non term-time graph spikes (she used to work in schools, and I'm surprised the Wii U didn't blow up one summer).
  • You already said Toad though.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Xenoblade X. It’s a crime against games that that game is marooned on the Wii U.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Bought the Switch mid lockdown for Mario Kart. Have since got 3D World, Toad Treasure Tracker and DKC. The 2D Mario one still to get (which has the Luigi game as well) and I'll have caught up on what the WiiU had of interest to me.

Nintendoland was the other one but that will just have to remain unplayed.

NES Remix and Dr. Luigi would have been nice.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Xenoblade X. It’s a crime against games that that game is marooned on the Wii U.

You can play it on the steam deck. Unless it needs some tablet fuckery?
  • I'd have to say the best Wii U game was Wonderful 101.

I remember when they unveiled the console and after that fell flat there were a few trailers leaking of some unannounced Platinum game called Project P100.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:

I dunno, I didn't get very far with it. It had the Dead Rising thing of text being so small it was difficult to read, and it felt like playing an MMO but the servers were empty. Not bad, but not a patch on the original.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    BotW and MK8. Rest were fucking shit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!