Wii and Wii U
  • Speaking of which... PSP games worth anything yet? Please? Anyone?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nothing. I grabbed all the Mgs Games including the vr specs for bobbins. In Japan they were going for under a pound
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    So, if anyone wants S&P 2, you can buy it off Elf.
    Whhhhhhaaaaaaat I ain't selling bruh
    ;)

Re gun games - definitely one of the Wii's best legacies. For all the hoo-hah about waggle the pointer was the controller's best feature.

It's not just the arcadey stuff either - DS Extraction is an especially good crack at the genre.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I guess it's also I'm trying to keep collections manageable and down to ones that I'm personally attached to, so having not heard of the PS3 ones I'll pass. I don't want bloated collections

Well I'd definitely recommend Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns mate, classic Sega stuff and you can probably get it very cheap.

The real shame is there was no port of the Virtua Cop games. A Wii or move port of Elite Edition would have been great.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've got a Saturn and the VC games so I'm sorted
  • I haven't got a CRT anymore so they're lost to me. Really thought they'd have been ported to Wii.

Looks like we'll never get them now as the modern consoles don't seem as well suited to them.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Metal Slug Anthology was a bit pants on Wii for the reasons davy said, your better off with the PS2 version.

I'd qualify that. The PAL version of PS2 Metal Slug Anthology must be avoided. A laggy bordered mess with no 60Hz option. PS2 got 3, 4 and 5 released on single discs and they are the ones to go for on PS2. 

I've used a PS2 adaptor for the Gamecube (called a Classic Linker) to use a PS2 arcade stick on the Wii Metal Slug Anthology - the games themselves are OK.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Fair play didn't know that.

I had the Wii version but couldn't get on with the waggle for throwing grenades.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Neither could I....the GC controller works well despite being forced to use the stick. The notches actually help.  Absence of classic controller support is a major downer though. Not sure if it came before that was available or not.

Even without that the game only needs 3 buttons and the standard remote could have supported it using 1, 2 and B underneath without resorting to waggle wankery.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • As I found out recently, every version of Metal Slug Anthology suffers from horrendous input lag.
  • So after saying I am done with WiiU I just spent £52 on Xenoblade, Tokyo Mirage and Steamworld.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions is absolutely fantastic and basically is persona feel but with little of the paralysing fomo.
  • Not really my kind of game typically but I thought I would give it a shot.
    Stockpiling for winter when work slows down.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Fun fact, when Earthbound finally dropped on VC, and when Conker came out on Rare Replay, the value of the OG editions actually went up. Madness.

That is mad. Gentlemen's agreements at this stage, it seems.

I still see those GamePad's dropping like flies, though. When I trawled eBay for a U before Moot sorted me out, about a third were damaged in some way. Because kids, I know, but they don't strike me as robust. Lead-free solder might not be too much of a problem due to their lack of heat, but them squishy screens amid acres of plastic...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Who's the person to ask regarding Wiimotes? I took the old Wii down to the caravan so me and the boy could play some stuff, only for my existing Wiimote not to turn on and the one I bought from eBay to have a corroded battery connection.

I'm going to try to get my money back from the eBay cunt but I'm not holding my breath.

Can you still get new ones from somewhere? If not where's the best second hand place? I'd like to have a squint at the things before handing my money over, so preferably no eBay or Amazon shenanigans.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's where I bought a few games from before heading here. I'll brave it again.

Do the WiiU remotes I'm seeing work with the Wii?
  • Yes they do.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Miiverse will be shut down this November.

I only used it for the first few months outside of using it for easy screenshots.

I wonder how this will affect games like Mario Maker?

The main menu will be quite different to I guess. Will probably just display the tile menu like the Wii now instead of defaulting to that pointless Waruwaru Plaza or whatever it was called.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I thought the November shutdown was just Japan...

Is it confirmed for everywhere, now?
  • Miiverse will be shut down this November. I only used it for the first few months outside of using it for easy screenshots. I wonder how this will affect games like Mario Maker? The main menu will be quite different to I guess. Will probably just display the tile menu like the Wii now instead of defaulting to that pointless Waruwaru Plaza or whatever it was called.

I'm quite looking forward to miiverse being gone from 3DS. It seemed to slow the system down after that update.

Wii U will look sad after its gone. Maybe just default to the channel view instead.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I think it'll improve the Wii U too tbh.

Now all we need is everything to be compatible with the Pro Controller, then we can all throw away our Gamepads.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Started Captain Toad this weekend, it's absolutely brilliant. Loving it as a puzzle game. I also get the bonus stuff because i've got 3D World too! i'm on Level 15 and nothing too too challenging yet but looking forward to that ramping up. 

So far [9]
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Glad to see another fan, fantastic game.

Ended up 100%ing it, last levels can be very tricky to get everything. The last one is not Champions Road levels of difficult but it isn't to far off.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It's interesting that you don't have to do the special task on the same run as the 3 star type thing. Infact it's not possible. Thats an odd design choice. 

Will play some more this week, really really liked the first levels.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Did anyone here actually complete NES remix?

I've got about 15 levels to finish and it's got pretty fucking tricky.

I'm going for 3 Stars on everything, not the rainbow cheery one.

Ice Climbers and Mario Bros games give me so much trouble, I though they controlled like shit back in the day, but going from the silky smoothness of other games on here to those only highlights it even more.

The sport games are rough to, I remember them being amazing coming from Atari 2600 but time has not been kind.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • 2 stages left...
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I played a few hours of the ultimate remix on 3DS and thought the difficulty was a bit all over the place.  There's not much they can do about it really, a deliberately tricky Super Mario Bros challenge is always likely to be tougher than a latter Punch-Out! or Kirby task.  Great package though, anything like that or Wario Ware is always welcome on my handhelds.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I cleared both remixes although not all 3 star

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!