The B&B Question Of The Day
  • I thought they've been nice wee questions. Although I now want a Christmas bonus.
  • You're welcome. Now where's my bonus?
  • I qualified for a special priority payment a couple of times, which came in the paycheque just before Christmas. That was scrapped a while back, and I don't see anything like it ever coming back. I do now qualify for competency related threshold pay, but I don't know how that works yet, and if it pays out monthly or yearly. Not a bonus, but the closest I'll ever see.

Best thing about Christmas, when you get someone the perfect gift. Worst, dunno. Working is never good, although I've got the actual day off this year. It's not a great time to be single.
  • You're welcome. Now where's my bonus?

How much are you worth, you worked hard this year?
  • Such an open ended question. I'm worth millions, pure millions! I've worked kinda hard. Got a better paying job in a completely new field. Grafted more in the old job cos that's what it demanded. The new one is more cerebral and laid back. For now. It's given me tonnes more time to post here as well.
  • Yeah I get that problem with working from home, too much time to do what I want!  :D
  • Plan XIII wrote:
    What is your most favourite thing about Christmas?  What is your least favourite thing?

The kids bundling in on Christmas morning with their stockings, and excitedly unpacking them, all giddy with magic.  (Second favourite is delivering the stockings the night before, desperately trying not to giggle as I do so.)  Sadly my eldest now knows the Terrible Truth About Santa, but the youngest (8) is still hanging in there (but has her suspicions.)  They've believed it all longer than most, but it's going to be a real shame when they don't - though I shall doggedly continue with the charade regardless.

I do get a Christmas Bonus, but as I'm essentially self employed it's only because I pay myself slightly less for the rest of the year.  We always pay the staff a bonus though.
  • 1. I get a bonus every month.  My actual wage is quite low, and without the numbers-based monthly incentives I'd probably have to look for something else.  Depending on the month and the workload, my bonus is usually between £175 and £250.

2. My favourite thing about Christmas is remembering what it felt like for me as a kid.  My least favourite thing about Christmas is how un-Christmassy it all tends to feel these days.  Hopefully when I have kids I can get the buzz back - I plan on putting a lot of effort into making their Christmases as memorable as mine were.
  • @tin
    If I am staying at my parents place they still leave my stocking outside the bedroom door. Im 27, do not care that I am far too old for it.
  • I get the feeling I'm not going to be allowed near my nephew at Christmas once he's old enough to speak/remember/etc. 'cause I very much doubt I'm going to be able to bring myself to lie about Santa.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I got a 750quid bonus 3years back for working a weekend to do regression testing on HSBC's systems. It wasn't enough.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • AJ sounding very suspect there.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Sounding well honest. I've already been lambasted for views on not wanting to raise kids with a long stay and traditional mythical character. 

I'll be giving my kids pennies for every day they're alive and they can trade them in for parental responsibilities.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Suspect? I won't make a point of telling him the truth, but if he engages me in conversation about it at all I can't guarantee I won't explain how the entity is actually evil.
  • *rolls eyes*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Kids can understand crimbo without the lies. It's our indoctrination that makes us adverse.
  • @AJ
    Your post made you sound like a bit of a Watkins is what I was saying in a jokey fashion.
  • Someone else's kids though? Bunch of humbugs in here. You didn't get the Sword of Omens for a damn good reason and you know it. Let it go.
  • I think they're lovely little questions too Plan. 

I'm in all Xmas this year (well you know, bar the actual holidays),  but don't mind too much. It's a time for families and children, so I'd just bounce around the house.
  • When I was at John Lewis our department had an unwritten rule that family people took xmas eve and the 27th off, single or without kids took new years off.
    Worked really well.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Aye, if you ignore/discount the reasoning.

My niece is eleven and for the past two years or so my bro-in-law tells her to get off my knee when she climbs because "she's getting too familiar".

Essentially I don't know how to feel about his perspective, it's his daughter and he can raise her as he wants but as her uncle and as he never talks to me about it I feel like I could knock him out and it be just because, wait a mo'.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Someone else's kids though? Bunch of humbugs in here. You didn't get the Sword of Omens for a damn good reason and you know it. Let it go.

Nothing to do with being a humbug, it's core ideological thing. Not a discussion for this thread, though.

@AJ Your post made you sound like a bit of a Watkins is what I was saying in a jokey fashion.

Ah, gotcha. Didn't take it seriously, btw.
  • Also Im coining "bit of a Watkins"
  • I'm finding the concept of an ideological opposition to Santa absolutely hilarious.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    You can call the intention of christmas santa, in my book. But pretending there's some mythical prick like the easter bunny or the toothfairy and not underlining it's fantasy is a more dumb than acknowledging it IYAM.
  • monkey wrote:
    I'm finding the concept of an ideological opposition to Santa absolutely hilarious.

It's not Santa himself, it's his recent origins and what he represents. I also detest greetings cards.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!