Zelda
  • New trailer for Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons coming out May 30th on the 3DS Virtual Console:
    (no EU price as yet but it's $4.99 for the 1st month, $5.99 per game thereafter)

Loving dat low-fi tuneage.
  • Anyone interested in buying a Hyrule Historia? Normal green cover edition. Not sure how much they sell for.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Late to the list party but this:

1) Majora's Mask
    2) The Wind Waker
    3) Twilight Princess
    4) Ocarina of Time
    5) Phantom Hourglass
    6) Minish Cap
    7) Skyward Sword
    8) Spirit Tracks

I must admit I thought SS was overrated. Didn't like the sky hub world and thought the bosses were a bit sub-par
  • I think I've started (and failed to stick with) Majora's Mask more than any other game.  I've got to the four-hour mark three times, and each time I go back to it I think I'll refresh my memory of the save/time cycle system by starting again.  I should carry on from my most recent save next time just so I don't have to hunt for those kids in Clock Town again. 

If a new 3D Zelda is a couple of years away I think I'll give it another crack soon.
  • Shit, I forgot 4 Swords, which controversially I would put at number 1 for being a riot on 4 player. But it's different I suppose so it doesn't count.
  • I never got further than about an hour or so into Twilight Princess.

I should really go back to as it seems to get quite a bit of praise.
  • It's like a really good tribute act, but for some reason I liked it more than Ocarina
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    It's like a really good tribute act, but for some reason I liked it more than Ocarina

This is probably the best I've ever heard anyone put it. It probably is a better game but Ocarina is what it is.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is LttP not in that list because you've not played it? If so, SORT IT OUT FFS!
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Is LttP not in that list because you've not played it? If so, SORT IT OUT FFS!

You're right !!!! 

He shouldn't be allowed in here until he has !!!!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Noob.
  • Ha, played it round for about an hour round me mates house in about '95. Never got round to owning it unfortunately.
  • I have wind waker waiting to wow.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Oracle games come to 3DS this week:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/nintendo_download_30th_may_europe

On offer until 20th June
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • too much to play.. I want to finish links awakening dx (tempy said he'll help me get back on track) but i've got to finish FE first, then i've got LM and DKCR to buy and be not tempted to play till i've finished zelda. 

still got 4 swords and minish cap too.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Is one Zelda Oracle game particularly better than the other? I only fancy picking up one but not sure if I should pick a certain one.
  • From what I've read/heard they're both really good. Seasons is meant to be more action orientated while Ages's more puzzle focused. Finishing both unlocks an extra final dungeon (I think), adds items and effects things like the NPC dialogues.
  • Thank you. Seasons sounds more my thing, though I may pick up Ages at some point further down the line.
  • Is it just me of does the new 3ds Zelda looks a bit anaemic? I know that available footage is not the final build but Link's character model is a bit bland and dull eyed and the whole becoming a drawing thing is a bit meh.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Spock wrote:
    Is it just me or does the new 3ds Zelda looks a bit anaemic?

If Wind Waker taught me anything (aside from everything I know about sailing), it's that judging the visual aesthetics of a Zelda game prematurely is a mug's game. I can take and leave the visuals (not a terribly big fan of that whole rendered look), but especially after watching the hands-on preview from Adam Sessler someone posted upthread, I came away very intrigued by the mechanics of the turning-2d-thing. I especially liked the bit he said about how fast the game played. My enthusiasm for that particular aspect might be coloured by the fact that trudging through the first few hours of Oracle of Ages without sprint boots today, though. 

Anyone else pick up the Ages/Seasons games from the eShop?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Picked up Ages/Seasons, I played them on an SP before and they looked dull and washed-out, but they look great on the XL screen.
  • I found one of those late-model backlit SPs on ebay last year, and the contrast between that beautiful, GBA Micro-like screen and the standard SP screen is ridiculous. Here's a comparison video (warning: obnoxious music)

• Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Didn't know about the backlit model, that's quite a difference.
  • I didn't know about that either. Just checked my SP and it's an 001. I might have to go searching for one now.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • kollarn wrote:
    Anyone else pick up the Ages/Seasons games from the eShop?

I did. Never played them (along with Majoras Mask) before so looking forward to them. I only played Links Awakening last year on 3DS and that was superb.

I'm not expecting these to be as good as that though, these are made by Capcom who also done Minish Cap which is by far my least fav Zelda game. Then again I could be pleasantly surprised.

Some good reviews of both here:

Ages:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/legend_of_zelda_oracle_of_ages_gbc

Seasons:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/legend_of_zelda_oracle_of_seasons_gbc

Apparently Ages is the best one to play first if you intend to do both.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Mal0wner wrote:
    I didn't know about that either. Just checked my SP and it's an 001. I might have to go searching for one now.

There was one from Istanbul up on eBay recently, I was tempted to buy it.

Edit: I remember why I didn't actually buy it. People seem to want around £100 for it! There's one on there now from USA but not in great condition. The one from Istanbul was new.
  • Just buy a beat up one for cheap and swap the cases over with one you've already got. I did that a year or two ago and it works a treat.

I wasn't too impressed by the new Zelda game, until I watched the video in 3D. I'm now sold.
    3DS: 0602-6313-2789 // ACNL Town: Clavius
    http://www.blowthereactors.blogspot.co.uk
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This thread has me feeling all warm and nostalgic, so I've just text my daughter (who is never up early) to get my N64 back with my copy of MM (the limited edition USA gold cart) which I'm ashamed to say I never played. I bought late in the life of my N64 and just never got around to it.

While I'm not a massive fan of the new aesthetic of the 3DS new Zelda, it will be my first play again through since playing the original back on my SNES, so I don't really remember much of it and I'm looking forward to discovering it all over again.
  • Kryssstal's speedruns of LttP are quite remarkable btw, give em a look here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!