What do you want from the next generation of consoles?
  • Backwards compatibility from PlayStation.

Microsoft have done a great job of it on XOne.

I'd like to be able to play all of my digital purchases from my PS4, and dare I say PS3 library on the PS5.

If they did I'd probably go in day one and sell the old HW to put towards it. If not I'll end up waiting a couple of years whilst I get through my PS4 pile o shame.

This also applies to Nintendo's follow up to the Switch.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • 60fps as standard with really fucking pretty graphics.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm expecting nothing from next gen. I can barely raise interest to invest in this gen.

No update & patches, no loadtimes, the option of collectable physical releases. That would be nice. Not a chance.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • nick_md wrote:
    What games are we talking about that have such an abhorrent load time between levels?

Have you played Destiny 2 on console?

Ha ha ha I don't know how people are still playing that game on console, the more content they add, the more it slows down.

Load times are easily my biggest bugbear. Fromsoft games can be bad. Remember when Bloodborne first came out? I also can't stand it when they incorporate them into the game via slow crawl narrow gaps and enforced slow radio walks like Gears.

One of the reasons I love BotW so much is because you can literally play that game forever and never be interrupted at all by a load time, unless you die or enter a shrine. Zen like.

• Better network infrastructure on PSN. Downloads are so slow currently.

Large SSD drive(s)

Solid 60fps.

Rollback netcode in every fighting game released.

No optical drive, and prices comparable to Steam.

Return of analog audio options.

Better Twitch integration. Maybe a secondary HDMI out.

Don't need any graphical improvements, just performance.

True backwards compatability with every digital content purchased on your account.
  • PHYSICS!

(buy Noita)
  • Thermodynamics would be nice, too.
  • For all the actually interesting new titles that ship for them to come out on PC too.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    For all the actually interesting new titles that ship for them to come out on PC too.

And vice versa.
  • Everything to be cross play. It still annoys me that Apex isn't.

Curious what the new hard drives will mean for the the PC ports as a lot of PCs out there won't have anywhere near the storage throughput to match the consoles. Maybe it just means RAM requirements will sky rocket.
  • Pretty sure Apex cross play is planned.
  • Things I want:
    * The pattern of lots of quality single player games continuing
    * More original ideas fleshed out just right (eg Outer Wilds, Goose, Snipperclips, Donut County)
    * Full transfer of digitally purchased content onto new platforms
    * Everyone to get something special again (like BOTW, Outer Wilds and Yakuza 0 were for me).
    * PES on Nintendo
    * More smaller devs/publishers (Devolver, Panic, Annapurna leading the way)
    * Publishers to realise that the games they are remaking/remastering should be the ones people actually want (ie noone wanted Wii Monkey Ball remade. They all wanted the first two).
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Better network infrastructure on PSN. Downloads are so slow currently.

Not sure why your downloads are slow but I got final fantasy 7 remake at 90.2gb in less than two hours this morning and currently psn is being restricted/slowed so everyone can access it fairly without hiccups.

• PSN downloads have always been fast for me. It’s the store that always seems to stutter and crash. Weird.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Toast, i want my console to make toast. And crumpets and bagels. And hot cross buns. And...
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    PSN downloads have always been fast for me. It’s the store that always seems to stutter and crash. Weird.
    Same. Speeds are fine, though not as fast as my Bone, but the store rarely loads quickly.
  • Everything else is fine for me. Downloads on Steam coming through the same router (both wired) are very fast, but PSN downloads are far slower than they should be.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'd like them to lanch just before a global pandemic that shut down most peoples workplaces, so we'd all have time to enjoy the new systems and an excuse to squeeze those early hours in before the "new toy sheen" weasr off
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Toast, i want my console to make toast. And crumpets and bagels. And hot cross buns. And...

What you want is Talkie Toaster

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec
    The Forum Herald™
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha, strangely I managed to reference the talkie toaster elsewhere in context recently
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • For some reason that bit always reminds me of this.
  • Even though they can be seen as a sell out, I actually really enjoyed the AA adverts the RD team did:

https://youtu.be/dVdjaVX-On4

https://youtu.be/6dvSPmVtgew
  • I want an end to cross platform games having any kind of exclusivity in any way. In release dates, dlc releases, content, anything.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    During my Masters research, it was insanely eye-opening to read about how Guerrilla made HZD. They had something like a 4 man team design the World Map, because it was largely created by procedural generation. Erosion maps, density maps, detail maps - just a tiny team tasked with operating these algorithms and parameters to create a huge, huge world with an insane level of detail, following naturalistic models to create something unthinkably vast even 5 years prior. So why can't everyone do it? Because Money, Money, Money and Time. And the fact that Guerrilla had that, meant those and had those opportunities now other devs will too.

Whereas it's take me all afternoon to fix a low poly mesh in Blender to work right in Substance.
    Guerilla has really talented people in the technical areas.

I'm fairly sure what you're talking about there was done by a friend of ours, who worked at side fx before going to Guerilla. He actually kinda won an Oscar for the vfx he made for Houdini. (I forgot which movie, but it won best vfx and he was responsible for the way it looks). Not enough companies are using Houdini yet, it's really powerful. If I had known you were researching that I could have put you in touch with him!

(He is also responsible for the credit graphics, and noticing that B his name was in the additional credits because he left half a year before gold. So he made B's name slightly bigger.)
  • Nina wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    During my Masters research, it was insanely eye-opening to read about how Guerrilla made HZD. They had something like a 4 man team design the World Map, because it was largely created by procedural generation. Erosion maps, density maps, detail maps - just a tiny team tasked with operating these algorithms and parameters to create a huge, huge world with an insane level of detail, following naturalistic models to create something unthinkably vast even 5 years prior. So why can't everyone do it? Because Money, Money, Money and Time. And the fact that Guerrilla had that, meant those and had those opportunities now other devs will too.

Whereas it's take me all afternoon to fix a low poly mesh in Blender to work right in Substance.
    Guerilla has really talented people in the technical areas.

Bless you

The Forum Herald™
  • What jimmy said.

The 360 days were the best gaming years so far for me. Although forza fridays were good, they were nothing like the lols of gears, gonz getting all serious about 3 oclock cover, curtis not giving you time to piss before he starts the next round so you end up pissing in a pint glass not to miss a minute, g man stopping for a fag, cuckoo chatting shit about drugs, dampys sniper rifle, jimmys all round niceness.

I miss that so much.

A game that brings that sheer buzz of must be there community, the maker of friendships.

I want that pls.
    PSN - minkymu

jimmy?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Tempy wrote:

I think your selling yourself a bit short. If a four man team spent two years doing that that would be like you spending 8 years at 40hrs per week doing one bit of the game. They probably have experience as well.

It’s weird to think a four man team is small but really it’s a fucking lot.
  • hylian_elf wrote:

jimmy?

Yeah lol. I remember him offering to post out an at the time massive back up hard drive for anyone who wanted to back up ps3 games to swap drives. Posted for free anywhere keep as long ss you need.

Also when my marriage went tits up,offered me to go to his gaff for a weekend. We had never actually met at that point lol.

Nice you see.

All because of a games forum/ console.
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    As time goes by the 360 looks better and better as a console. MS really struck gold with it.

Had a hoot last night with my daughters on the 360 playing a little indie XBL game called Snake Party - 4 player version of snake with splendid options and modes. :)

Sonic Racing Transformed on 360 getting some serious playtime too - I'm getting my arse handed to me in MP though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!